+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rant in the Night

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Rant in the Night

Got stuck in my little thing of "What to do now" mood...
    And with my mind boggling at all the possibilities, I just decided to post a "quick" journal before moving on.

Crackdown
    Been playing Crackdown like crazy. I know I'm late as f***, but hell, I was busy getting DS games when this game came out. I needed a new game recently, not like NEW game, but a new feel, ya'know? So I was downloading demos on the 360 on the "sub-par" games list that I would probably stall in getting (games either ignored, misunderstood, or just old as hell) - and so I played the Crackdown demo... and couldn't stop playing it.

The demo's like an hour long (depending how quickly you level up), and let's just say I played a whole day's worth of it.

It reminded me of the arcadey-fun-feel of City of Villains/Heroes (I'm more of a CoV fan), mixed in with a basic 3rd person shooter + GTA.

...lovely mix.

For a lotta' people, they only got it to play the BETA testing for Halo 3 multiplayer. ...and sadly enough, not everyone played the actual game, just got it JUST FOR the BETA.

A wonderful game really, if you like RIDICULOUS things... y'know, being a supercop, taking out all the bad guys... from Mexicans to Russians to generic Asians.

You basically run and gun... or more likely: Hop and gun.
    The game really focuses on the idea of being able to jump REALLY HIGH.
    At first you're able to jump at an okay-basketball player's jump height... to Michael Jordan height... to "whoah, mutha-f*cka, you really should give Superman some lessons" height.

...it's definitely fun. Especially when you level up high enough to be able to stomp on the ground really hard... jumping down from a really high building, and crashing to the ground like a meteor, making every car and person around you fly off.
    That. Is. Fun.

No, what's more fun is when you grab a car and you toss it at someone.
    Or maybe what's more fun is when you kick a person off a building and see how long you can keep him/her in mid-air by juggling him/her with heat-seeking missiles.
    No, no, no, what's really fun is when you place a remote-bomb on your car, speed towards a speeding gang car, jumping out, and exploding it once they collide!
    No! Even more fun! A speeding gang car, heading straight for you, you swing a kick at it, and watch it fly!
    Or how about going stealth (a weapon only unlockable through DLC), and killing off gang members one by one, while the others freak out, shooting at anything that moves out of fear (they might even shoot at one another if spooked enough).
    Or how about chasing down an idiot civilian car (that decided to run over you and drive off) via jumping on rooftops and crashing right ontop of it (possibly killing the driver instantly).
    Or how about shooting a gang car's tire, making them swerve off a cliff?!
    Or how about playing "toro!" with a gang car who's intent on running you over and making them run into their fellow gang members?!
    Or how about having a grenade-fight with several gang members, seeing who can survive all the explosions?!
    Or how about throwing a car ready to explode at a group of gang-members?! Whether or not they dodge it wouldn't matter for long!

Needless to say, I love the comical and ridiculous violence of the game.
    And it's practically the only game I've played where I run from gang members!

...I mean, even in the GTA games, I've always held my own against gang members... but these guys?!
    Hell, Los Muertos got massive numbers! If you kill one, more come! Throwing a grenade just makes them scatter! You can't keep them off of you!
    Volk are small in number, but they've got military weapons, vehicles, and tactics on their side! They're usually positioned like they're defending a fort, so you can't just run in there and start bashing their heads! With them being so organized and quick to response, charging in head first is suicidal!
    And Shai-Gen? I haven't even met all their kinds of soldiers, but as far as I know - they're heavily equipped and got large numbers! My goodness, they're already near impossible to defeat without risking your life!

...I'm not used to running from gang members in a video game. O_o It's kinda' weird.

But yeah, fun as hell. Can't wait to get Abu her own 360 so we could play co-op together (I heard the online's choppy, but system link works beautifully).

Other Countries
    Having been raised in U.S. (born and semi-raised in Philippines), I used to see other countries in the same blank and phased out version as North Americans usually did. But as I grew older and as I went through my "W007 JAPAN ROXXORS"-phase, I learned a lot about other countries.
    And yet, the more I learned, the more I realized how dumb we all were.
    Sure, other countries have a right to call Americans retarded and such, but they're no better with their stale (as in: Never moving ahead, never adapting) and prejudice cultures.
    I don't see how people can be proud of hating America (especially when they live in it, and haven't moved out yet), when whatever country they pledge their allegiance to has got some pretty backwards sh*t themselves!
    No country's perfect, and especially America.
    But would people stop harassing them?!
    So many countries exclaim that America's stupid, that the US thinks they're the center of the universe, that America's going to kill itself.
    Yet - if that were true, then shouldn't they just leave the retarded child alone to die?
    IT'S SO TRUE that the US is the center of the universe, BECAUSE NO ONE EVER STOPS TALKING ABOUT THEM!!!
    If you guys would stop giving US notice, then maybe they'd stop being so aggravating!
    ...and don't act like you're any better. You can blame all these problems within our government, people, economy, sub-cultures, and etc - but isn't it sad that you know all this? That your country, as wonderful as it is, is completely knowledgeable of every goings-ons of America? A lot of our populace may no nothing about our own country, but at least we're not so fixated in hating other countries that we stalk them on the news! ...except for when wars happen, then the large populace becomes very fixated and retarded. ...and don't claim that your country's just knowledgeable about other countries, name me 100 facts you 100% know about the US, and name me 100 facts you 100% know about 2 other countries excluding your own THAT YOUR COUNTRY KNOWS ABOUT (oh, and countries under occupation can't participate, since it isn't fair).

*sigh* But that's not what I was trying to point out. I was trying to point out how all cultures are screwed up in the head. The US just has a lack of a solid culture. It's ever-changing, and strange enough, it changes other country's and continent's surroundings. And other cultures find it offensive that they have to change to that.
    ...yet those same cultures kept their problems throughout history, rarely ever wanting to change their prejudices or flawed fashions. Only uniting to get pissed at the US. The US ain't a paradise, but neither are any of the other countries.
    ...and even if it is a paradise, there's something very rotten/dull in the core.

Other cultures are beautiful and unique..... each one providing a rare sight to see, or a rare life to live... but each has an ugly side to them.

Blah blah blah.
    I love and hate other countries and the US. We're all humans in the end, and we ALL screwed up this planet in SO many ways.
    End.

Other Ramblings
    I finally got every item in DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3! WHOO!!!
    ...they need a Tenkaichi 4.
    Tenkaichi is the closest thing to the anime according to feel.
    Burst Limit is the closest thing to the anime according to drama.
    Budokai is the closest thing to the anime according to power levels.

...which makes Budokai unfair.
    ...Burst Limit not as constantly replayable (you can replay it...every other week).
    ...and Tenkaichi undernourished in other categories.

Animal Crossing? ...meh, not yet. I'm already on hiatus from everything else, and Animal Crossing basically is a game based on hiatus.

Wii Referral list? ...I'm gonna' start it again once school starts again (next Tuesday).

...I hope this Winter class doesn't suck. *sigh*

Oh, and Abu and I's sleep patterns are all off. Hope we can put it back together before the Winter semester starts.

/end rant

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rant in the Night

tee-hee! you did the little slash computer geek thing!

anyways... never really understood why other countries seemed to love talking shit about America, grant it, all lot of it is deserved and we did get into a lot of other people's business...

^_^ but honestly, if they didn't invite us to their parties, we'd just have our own! and everyone would be happy! our parites would be awesome! with blackjack, and hookers!!

and yes, Soshi has been playing a lot of Crackdown.. like... the sun could literally rise and set on how much he plays that game...

it's not bad, it's just that... oh my goodness... some of the things you do to those poor gang bangers Hun...

^o^ though it is funny when you jump down and everyone goes flying...

^________^ and when you kick people in general!!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Kicking IS fun!

...as bad-*ss as you are in the game, you look so friggin' typical of an LA cop when you kick a criminal while they're on the ground.

Ooh~! You know what else is fun? When you shoot a gang person in the leg and they fall to the ground, grabbing their leg, and cussing you out! XD

...well, I think that's funny.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

>_< yeah! and you think that kicking puppies is funny (inside joke)!!

pshaw! typical cop, my foot! gonna look like Cesar Milan!
    Cesar Milan is gonna kick that a$$ to the curb!!

>___< unless they're like that stupid lady who kept getting in the way while i was trying to kick that bus...

... b!tch

Thanks

That was THE funniest thing ever!

K, quick story time:
    Abu was playing Crackdown, and she was trying to kick a bus.
    ...I don't remember why exactly.

But anywho, when she tried kicking the bus, a lady stepped in front of her! Making her kick the lady!
    The lady ran off, and Abu was ready to kick the bus again.

The instant she tried kicking the bus, the SAME lady ran in front of the bus again, being kicked against the bus - not ONCE - not TWICE -but FIVE TIMES!

Apparently, when Abu kicked the first time, she wasn't sure as to why the bus wasn't moving after she kicked it, so she continued kicking. It took her 2 seconds (and about the 3rd kick in) to realize the same woman was being kicked in the face, and it took her about 1 more second to stop (the 5th kick) !

+ Reply to Thread