+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shopping spree?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Shopping spree?

I haven't really talked about my purchases lately...

Let's see...
    A 3-video source changer
    (literally just the thing where you plug in your yellow-white-red video plugs in - with 3 slots - and with a click of a button, you can switch between them)
    for my other TV in my room.. since it's been a hassle to unplug and replug the systems and satellite over and over again...

A Wii Points card... finally got myself some more WiiWare games:
    Art Style CUBELLO
    Art Style ORBIENT
    Bit.Trip Beat
    + Virtual Console game:
    Wrecking Crew

Oh, and if you guys haven't updated your Wiis, you're missing out. The new update allows you to play Virtual Console games & Wii Ware games DIRECTLY FROM YOUR SD CARDS.
    So yeah, solves a ton of people's "space problems".

MySims Kingdom
    I'm a fan of creator-games. And MySims was a favorite Wii game of mine. I've been waiting for the chance to get this game.

City of Heroes & Dark Star One
    ... Abu and I were heavy City of Villains players (City of Heroes is now available to City of Villains players, and vice versa) :
    video intro - some random gameplay - Her character - My character
    And with me getting a video card (hopefully purchasing tomorrow), my computer can finally amp up the darn thing.
    Reason why we stopped playing is cuz we didn't have a credit card back then - so we had to buy the month cards - which eventually disappeared into thin air due to computer shops closing - recently, they started appearing in normal places - like Target.
    Also, my laptop died a few years back. So with that, my game died too. So I needed a new copy of the CD since the other one needed a product code that I totally lost.
    Anywho...
    And I got Dark Star One cuz it was in the bargain area, & sounded a lot like an old favorite game of mine: Freelancer
    Hopefully this game'll be as good as Freelancer.

...but yeah, CoV is a FAVE for abu and I... speaking of which, I found a semi-old sig of mine:

Also got CableNeat Rainbow Ties...
    Which... is for Abu. She hates how tangled my wires get. I hate it too, but I've tried to tie them together in the past - let's just say things just got worse.
    ...I hope her luck is better than mine with tying them up.

Also got a $25 Zune Marketplace card.
    Yeps, Abu's a proud-Zune owner. She's not really an iPod kind of girl. ... she's better with names and rememberin' song titles, so I'm confident she can add some good songs to my computer.

Some DVDs:
    Police Story 2, Double Feature: Glory (reason why I got it ) / The Patriot, I Am Legend, Cast Away (my bro has always had a copy, but I thought I'd get myself one), Street Fighter II V Boxset (was selling for pretty cheap ), Shark Week Ocean of Fear (for Abu... we both love Shark Week), Hook.
    I realize that I have a lack of classic DVDs, so I'm always looking forward to expand it whenever I've got a spare 20 in my pocket.

...you all know that I got Abu an 80gb PS3 already.
    So worth it. MGO almost every night.

Halo Wars.
    Love it. A "stoner RTS"... one of the few RTSs that exist that you're not freakin' multitasking like a maniac. A nice change.
    BTW, if you ain't ever gonna' get Halo Wars, you might as well see the coolest cutscene in the game: This one.

Eat Lead.
    I enjoy humor in games. There's so few games that make fun of themselves - so I always show my support for them. ... I like it, it's not the best game ever, but it's pretty good. Fun and crazy at times.

Dragon Ball Z Season 8 Boxset.
    Can you believe Season 9 already came out? Wow... now we need to get that too...

+Anima manga... er.... the last volume. I think it was either 9 or 10. ^^;
    I like +Anima. Rare to see mangas that are innocent in spirit that don't try to be "zany". You should give it a read.

Got Abu some craft book-thingies. She says it's great, but I don't hear her talk about it like an annoying neighbor - so I wonder if it really did please her.

Steambot Chronicles.
    I couldn't find my original copy. O_o ...so I got myself a new one.
    Give the game a try, it's cheap now! -and if you think the singing is awful, give the game a few more days - the songs will literally grow on ya'! I STILL can't forget those songs, and it's been years since I've played.

Also Street Fighter IV... I need to get back to earning characters in that game.

Aaaaannnddd....
    About $15 in bars so I could customize my Whirled like a madman.
    (see links in sig)
    ...can you really be that surprised? I like customizing!

...so yeah, that catches y'all up to my recent purchases.
    It took me a while to realize that I never talked about it.

EDIT: And, oh right, I'm getting a graphics card for my computer... not the best of the best, but pretty darn good for its price range - problem is, it takes a lotta' space because its big@$$ fan on it keeps it from overheating.

................. I run this economy, just so you know. :-O
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Mar 31, 2009 at 05:12 PM.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Re: Shopping spree?

That's a lotta games you bought there.
    Speaking of WiiWare/Virtual console games, I totally have to start download some. The newest firmware update ownz. I actually have no money at the moment though. So those Wii games havta wait for a bit.
    I just recently bought MadWorld, PES 2009, GTA: Chinatown and Empire: Total War ... I need more to catch up to you. :/
    Actually, this is more than enough for me for the next half year. I still have so~ many games lying around unplayed. It's real sad.

Steambot Chronicles, well I heard of that too and it's rather cheap at the moment I think. Hmm, dunno. Maybe I should check it out. Though I think my next DS game will more likely be Chrono Trigger. :P
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Chrono Trigger's ALWAYS a must for me.
    I knew I didn't have time for an RPG, yet I still got it for the DS on its launch day.

Chrono Trigger got me into RPGs like no other when I was a kid - so I have a lotta' loyalty to it.

I haven't been able to play my DS in a loooooooooooooooooooonnnnggg time.
    I don't feel right playing my DS if Abu can't play her's (her niece broke hers last year).
    So yeah...
    But once I do start playin' again, I am so gonna' get GTA: Chinatown...
    Not to mention Tokyo Beat Down:
    YouTube - Atlus USA Trailer: Tokyo Beat Down
    Comin' out the 2nd of April.

... I still got a lotta' DS games to catch up on.
    And PSP, for that matter (at least on the import side). *sigh* My handhelds are always behind.

.........except for that one year. That one year it was ALL ABOUT HANDHELDS.
    Abu and I went DS-crazy that year. Good times!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ hope you like your video card Hun~

and i did like the Craftie book! but can't get over jazzed about shoes, so that particular issue was not as amazing~

it looks great in the box! thanks Hun~

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Chrono Trigger's ALWAYS a must for me.
    I knew I didn't have time for an RPG, yet I still got it for the DS on its launch day.

Chrono Trigger got me into RPGs like no other when I was a kid - so I have a lotta' loyalty to it.
    Even more so for me, since I never got to play the actual game. I'm aware of the fact that I totally need at least the DS part now.
    Just give me some time, I need some money first ...
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

+ Reply to Thread