+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *sigh* Calm down...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

*sigh* Calm down...

Okay, seems like my dad came to the rescue and slapped some sense into my mother...
    Looks like I can take small classes this time...

.............. I just really hope they'll let me get into some real experience some time.
    They always say that we brothers can, but everytime we do, they suddenly yell and scream at us for not being capable of holding a job and education at the same time.

........... of course we're not capable of doing that, because you're yelling and shoving us.
    I'm sure any regular person would fail at balancing on a ball and juggling bowling pins if people were to yell, scream, and shove at them.

I just wonder... if they say we're not rich anymore, why are we still living the rich lifestyle?
    ... all the normal-funded families are allowing their children to get some real jobs and try out different educations... yet here we are, still stuck in this cage.

...........well, at least I am. The eldest keeps running off doing whatever he wants, sticking his tongue out in rebellion. And the elder one REALLY NEEDS TO, cuz he's being so dependent with this family it's ridiculous.
    *sigh* I'm making sure my future family isn't gonna' be like this garbled shelter crap.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: *sigh* Calm down...

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Okay, seems like my dad came to the rescue and slapped some sense into my mother...
    Looks like I can take small classes this time...

.............. I just really hope they'll let me get into some real experience some time.
    They always say that we brothers can, but everytime we do, they suddenly yell and scream at us for not being capable of holding a job and education at the same time.

........... of course we're not capable of doing that, because you're yelling and shoving us.
    I'm sure any regular person would fail at balancing on a ball and juggling bowling pins if people were to yell, scream, and shove at them.

I just wonder... if they say we're not rich anymore, why are we still living the rich lifestyle?
    ... all the normal-funded families are allowing their children to get some real jobs and try out different educations... yet here we are, still stuck in this cage.

...........well, at least I am. The eldest keeps running off doing whatever he wants, sticking his tongue out in rebellion. And the elder one REALLY NEEDS TO, cuz he's being so dependent with this family it's ridiculous.
    *sigh* I'm making sure my future family isn't gonna' be like this garbled shelter crap.
    Well...you better enjoy the babying while it lasts lol. Cuz being on the other side, I can tell you it ain't fun at all...and I'm not even fully financially independent. It's great to tell people you're your own man, but sooner or later you see people doing nothing spending their folks money and you go "damn I wish I was like them"

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not saying I want to be like them. Just wish I'd get at least a taste of it.

It ain't fair for it to be a shocker to me.
    ... their way of preparing me for it is "to just become a doctor". T_T
    I really hate that advice.
    "There's so many opportunities in the medical field! And you should be able to get in! Your cousin went here! And here! And your other cousin went here!"

;_; ........... *sigh*
    "Doctor or lawyer or scientist"... >_< I keep telling them "no", but they don't believe me.

I'm glad I'm in "the safe zone", but it's a lot better to struggle all your life in the crud and earn at least one thing you're looking for, than for everything to just be handed to you and never really feeling a full-sense of owning.

...Abu's on the "lower-half"... my life's a dream for her, but she admits that she ain't jealous of my b***y family..

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Oh man, I totally know what you talking about. My mother also wants me to become a doctor. So stereotypical. <_<
    Always saying stuff like: "A doctor is still missing in our family!" Pretty annoying. And I really don't plan on becoming a doctor actually.
    I'm still in school though, so I got some time left to decide what I want to do afterwards, especially if you consider that I have to do some alternative civilian service too, which means I have another 9 months to think about what to do later on. Just delay decision as long as possible ... :P
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

hahaha the doctor/lawyer/scientist thing is an Asian thing. There's no good way around it xD. Honestly, you do not need to struggle to build character or learn good lessons. The best way is to learn from other's mistake, but still a little struggling and hard work wouldn't hurt. I always complain about how I don't wanna work and school at the same time anymore. Then my parents would offer to cover my expenses...Just can't bring myself to do it, I'm in my 20s and doing that would be no different than allowance. I have a best friend who still does that, and I gotta say I look down at him a little bit.

He's my age, still hasn't finish school (got kicked out of UC Davis because of WoW), a girlfriend who's 4 years older (still haven't propose cuz he got no job no money).

But back to what you're saying, youre right. It feels good to make a purchase and not having to explain yourself.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Yeah I noticed it was an Asian thing... ... it's an annoying factor when choosing classes: "Hmmm... let's see here... I could take this class or this class."
    "Or you could drop all your classes and just major in medicine."
    "O_o ...no."

...and learning from others' mistakes is all I do... just getting tips, seeing downfalls, and etc from the people all around me.
    ...having extremely little experience with all this doesn't do much for me. It's like preaching about color to a blind man.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ Soshi knows his family is great and wonderful and supportive...

but... is that really better than freedom? more inclined to say, "no"

+ Reply to Thread