+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: *sigh* Gamers these days...

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: *sigh* Gamers these days...

I totally agree. Most people think that since they know how to play good, they are elite, which is a load of garbage. I good at games. I mastered some games in less than 30 minutes. I beat RPGs in 1 day that would take most people weeks to do. Heck, I have the achievement for killing 100k in Gears of war 2 in 6 days. But I do not consider myself Elite. I just good at games. And I have a life as well, (I apologize in advance if this offends anyone...) I really cant see myself as one of those people playing tons of games for countless hours at a time, not doing S**t with their life, watching as all the good things in life pass them by.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-x View Post
    I really cant see myself as one of those people playing tons of games for countless hours at a time, not doing S**t with their life, watching as all the good things in life pass them by.
    You mean, like, letting games pass by for instance?

Seriously, that whole 'I got a life' stuff is annoying ... If they feel good when playing games, let them be. If you like playing games, go on. Who cares if someone feels good after finishing a game. If that's what that person wants to do, if that's what makes him/her feel better, why not. When that person finishes a game or is real good at it, he/she might get praised by others who play that game. Of course that'll make him/her happy and that's okay like that. If he/she starts feeling elite then, whatever ... Who cares.
    Writing mystery novels is a breakout from reality too. If someone is good at writing them, I'm happy with it, and I'd encourage him to go further, even if he won't make money with it. I wouldn't tell him that he got no life.
    So why is it so important for everyone to 'have a life' anyway? It's not like you have no life playing videogames. There are many things which turn out bad if you do/consume too much of it, which let good things pass by. Not just videogames.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Otaku Neon 2 Champion, BMX Stunts Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Robo Slug 2 Champion Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x may be famous one day Sol-x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    You mean, like, letting games pass by for instance?

Seriously, that whole 'I got a life' stuff is annoying ... If they feel good when playing games, let them be. If you like playing games, go on. Who cares if someone feels good after finishing a game. If that's what that person wants to do, if that's what makes him/her feel better, why not. When that person finishes a game or is real good at it, he/she might get praised by others who play that game. Of course that'll make him/her happy and that's okay like that. If he/she starts feeling elite then, whatever ... Who cares.
    Writing mystery novels is a breakout from reality too. If someone is good at writing them, I'm happy with it, and I'd encourage him to go further, even if he won't make money with it. I wouldn't tell him that he got no life.
    So why is it so important for everyone to 'have a life' anyway? It's not like you have no life playing videogames. There are many things which turn out bad if you do/consume too much of it, which let good things pass by. Not just videogames.

OK, I see your point lapis, and I respect it fully. But I think that I wasnt fully clear on what I meant in my previous post. I didnt mean to say that if you play games all the time and do nothing else, that you have no life. Cause if that the case, I would be a hypocrite, cause that was me before I had a job. But I meant for those people that stay on for long periods at a time, and show their trophies/achievments/etc. like anyone cares. For example...........ok i got one.

pokemon diamon/pearl (i know crap example XD). The 3 event only pokemon (darkrai, arceus, and saymin) were publicly release just recently. But I see people showing off theirs now like they are so pro. Just because they were too eager too wait and and had to use a AR or trade it online. If people want to play like there is no tomorrow, then thats fine by me. Who am I to judge? But if if im playin a game online just tryin to lvl up, talking with friends, or just there to kill time, the last thing I want to hear is....
    "OH!!! I got the rarest item in the game!! I dont see you with it, so you are a noob!!!1111" Or some crap like that. If you think you are pro, ok then. But the rest of the online community might not care about you and your "L33T" status.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    A forum post should be like a skirt. Long enough to cover the subject matter, but short enough to keep things interesting.

Thanks

Okay, I agree with you on that point, that example points it out very well! (:
    Of course, such guys are a nuisance ... people who feel better by making others feel worse. But we get to see guys like that everywhere ... I mistook your comment above, I didn't thought you alluded to this kind of gamers. That about settles it.

E&OE;

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyarrow View Post
    I agree for the most part. While I am not trying to defend them, I still think that sometines people should get a little praise for doing things in games (like get the katana in Halo 3). A lot of those things are crazy-hard to do, and I mean seriously crazy-hard. BUT, I also agree that that it doesn't make you better IRL (in real life, for all you newbs). Yes, you may have gotten all the achievements for Army of Two, but I have a life (no offense if you do, just using an example). I mean, one of my most favorite things to do is hike.
    Praise is fine. Elitism isn't.
    It goes the same for every kind of "clique" there is.

*Nothing's wrong with being rich, or for being proud of your work, or even separating yourself for safety - but to separate your group away from society and to look down on the rest of the world, not cool - they wouldn't be there if it weren't for us.

*Nothing's wrong with being a super chef, to be able to have the ability to create such masterpieces of cuisine - but to say that the "common food" is "pig's food" and to claim that those who eat it have no sense of taste, awful - maybe they're these foodies and gourmets are the ones with a problem with taste.

*Nothing's wrong with being a movie-lover and having watched a billion movies - but to say that the common movie-goer is ill-knowledged and doesn't deserve to even lay eyes on the movie screen, retarded - nothing awesome about being the master of trivia (it just makes you entertaining).

*etc

I got a problem with elitism on all sides of society.
    But being a gamer myself, this is what the topic turned out to be.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok tbh i know i play C.O.D on xbox360 and i tbh i dont like it when people who are good just jugernut cos tbh thats just newbie like they come in and mo u and u have no chance cos they have it people who prestege shouldnt use it (is for crap players like me LMAO)

but yeah alot of people complane and blame them on glitches cheats and a Contoler ( its called a somthing pad im not sure on the name...) but people who are bad like to blame them on other people i beat some american on it and he set callin me a cheating bitch ass ??....but i dont understand why because i beat him fair and square he was playin a diffulculty he couldnt handle so he blamed it on me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    but yeah alot of people complane and blame them on glitches cheats and a Contoler ( its called a somthing pad im not sure on the name...) but people who are bad like to blame them on other people i beat some american on it and he set callin me a cheating bitch ass ??....but i dont understand why because i beat him fair and square he was playin a diffulculty he couldnt handle so he blamed it on me
    Yeah, I know such guys. The type of guys who can't loose ... If they do, it sure is someonelse's fault. Just forget about them and don't take it too seriously ... (:

E&OE;

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Never blame others when you fail.
    You only have yourself to blame.

...or my luck, actually.
    I only get angry at either
    A) Bad Teamwork
    B) AWFUL luck

A) ...I usually join the losing team - why? Cuz I like to keep things fair. I may suck compared to the "elites", but I can still help.
    But they're usually the losing team for a reason... cuz they never work together. ;_; I clear a perfect spot for a defense, and realize that all my teammates went the other way - WHERE THE AMBUSH WAS!!! ***********!!!!!

B) T_T Those who don't believe in bad luck has never seen me play. I have the worst luck anyone has ever seen in gaming history.

Though.... you CAN blame hackers. There are hackers/glitchers in the game who make the game completely unfair. T_T GAMES HAVE TO BE FAIR PEOPLE! IT'S WHAT MAKES IT FUN!!!

^_^ Ignore sore-losers, the best way to get back at them is to keep killing them. They usually keep begging the host to kick me cuz "I hack" , and eventually the host gives in and kicks me.
    Sure it isn't fair, but it's ****ing hilarious to see how angry they can get!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast