+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uber Summary

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Uber Summary

Lotsa' things... I really should just split this into separate journal posts, but then NO ONE will read all of them. So I'll just summarize this thing by combining it into some kind of organized mutant freak!

Future Media Creators Yukes
    Didn't realize I've been playing two games of their's... Petz Catz 2 & Neverland Card Battles.
    After several (hundred) recommendations made by many people online, in magazines, product reviews, and other review-thingies :: I decided to list Petz Catz 2 on my Wii gaming list... and this Christmas, Abu got it for me! Thank goodness! How embarrassing would it be if I got it myself? The game's actually an extremely basic form of Zelda.
    The controls are solid (not complex, ground-breaking, or ultra-smooth... but solid), the adventuring part is solid, and the story's what you'd expect from a wolf stealing a silly-looking magical hat from a bunch of kittens.
    All-in-all, a pretty darn good game, and pretty cute (or aggravating... depends who you are) too.
    My cat's a Scottish Fold named Rocks.
    ...btw, I <3 Scottish Folds. Uber-cuteness.

As for Neverland Card Battles... I saw it while I was Christmas shopping. And seeing that I didn't have much PSP games, I decided to get a little Christmas present for myself! I tend to like card battle games like Culdcept, so just looking at the back of the box told me that I'd enjoy it.
    I do enjoy it. It also likes to kill me many many times. ...all the enemies have super-duper-cards and I've got like........ 1. No matter how many times I battle these guys, I keep getting crap cards from them! *sigh*
    Fun as hell, though.

Oh... and Future Media Creators Yukes... haven't I seen them somewhere before from a REALLY old game? :/ Or maybe slightly old. I have no idea. Their brand just seems REALLY familiar.

Christmas Shopping
    Went off without a hitch! There were some snags here and there, but I was able to get everyone some pretty awesome stuff.
    My mother:
    Big teddy bear - 8 $5 Super Asia phone cards (she calls my dad all the way in the Philippines... and every other relative) - and two Filipino love movies that I bought at a nearby video store (she loves them Filipino love movies).
    +Did she like them? She used the teddy bear to hug when the power went off Christmas Night, warmed her up. She LOVES one of the movies I gave her. And of course she appreciates the phone cards. So yeah, she loved 'em.
    My aunt:
    Very very soft teddy bear.
    +Did she like it? ...you can't really buy her anything for Christmas. She has everything she could ever want, and if she doesn't, it's definitely far beyond any person's price range. X_X ...but yeah, she loves teddy bears. She usually just gives the teddy bears I get her to her dog. So it's an okay present.
    My eldest bro:
    RoboCop movie collection - Speed Racer Calendar
    +Did he like it? ... psh, who WOULDN'T want a RoboCop movie collection? And what old-school anime lover wouldn't appreciate an old school Speed Racer calendar? Of course he loved it!
    My elder bro:
    Dead Space (360)
    +Did he like it? ...maybe, but he's currently swallowed up by the PS3 he bought for himself. My opinion, my present's better. He didn't miss out on THAT much when he didn't own the PS3... (except for MGO and Resistance 2 online co-op and Heavenly Sword). But meh, oh well. Unappreciated.
    My cousin:
    Wii Fit
    +Did she like it? Yep. She's been wanting that game for a long time, and with the stocks on that thing low everywhere, she could only depend on us (abu and I) to obtain it for her ( we're the best at finding Wii products that are "sold out" ). She thinks it's pretty cool, but she was much more impressed by the voice-message we left on her Wii using the Wii Speak channel. So now she's off trying to find a Wii Speak. ... Great present!
    My nephew (he's my little cousin, but I call him nephew):
    A device that shows the stars and planets on the ceiling, and it can go 3D when you put on the 3D glasses - tiny Transformers toys (to accompany the first gift).
    +Did he like it? He seemed a little down in the dumps that he didn't get a DS/PSP from Santa... so yeah. He does like his Transformers toys alot though. An okay present!
    My dad:
    A photo frame with the family on it / clock / weather-thingy / whatever else is on that thing
    +Did he like it? ...he loved it! ...in actuality, Abu got it for him, but I bought it from her (AVON). Technically, it's from the both of us. But yeah, he was impressed and delighted to get the gift. Great gift!
    Abu's dad:
    A Dean Martin CD
    +Did he like it? Abu says he did. Hurrah!
    Abu's mom:
    A Pavarotti CD
    +Did she like it? Abu says she did! Huzzah!
    Abu's niece:
    Raiders sweatshirt (helped Abu pay for it)
    +Did she like it? Abu says she did! Hoo-tah!

And having her own section, Abu!
    -SBCG4AP episodes 4&5 (she already finished 1,2,&3. Huge homestarrunner fan)
    -A book about Chuck Norris "facts" (she LOVES them jokes)
    -Marley & Me (not the one with the movie picture on it)
    -3 books from Frank McCourt (she always talked about his books, so I got them for her)
    -Valkyria Chronicles (she always wanted this game, I said I'd get it for her. And I did)
    -Hello Kitty DS skin case (she would glare at it from outside the window all day)
    -A book on how to tell cat behaviors (she has a cat... and cats are weird )
    -Old school ways on how to remember stuff (she's an English-geek)
    -Forrero Rocher (because that stuff is ADD-ictive)
    -Chococat Calendar (she LOOOOOOVES Chococat)
    -Kinoki pads (from those infomercials... haven't seen them? Google it... she always thought those things were cool)
    -A LARGE Dog plushie ( half Maggie's size! ...and Maggie's tall! )
    +Did she like them? .......... what? Are you stupid? Of course she loved them! If I asked for ANYTHING from her right now, she'd give it! SHE LOOOOOVED HER PRESENTS! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Power Outage
    The Power went out on Christmas morn. The weather apparently killed some main energy stuffs. ...it was nice sitting by the fireplace and doing simple things. But when my nephew came, it was REALLY HARD TO ENTERTAIN! ...I really wanted to show him a few things on the 360 (not too violent, of course) and the Wii. ...*sigh* Shoulda' bought those backup power thingies. By the time the energy came back, he had to leave. SO TOTALLY LAME!

Finals
    Did pretty darn good. Yeah, I know a freaked out a bit, but not without good reason. I needed to pass those finals to pass those classes (actually, only one of the Finals really needed me to pass, the rest could still give me a C if I failed on the Finals). And I needed to pass those classes because I spent many semesters before just lolligagging and dropping classes. Too lazy.
    But hey, I did pretty darn good! WHOO! I just need to find out whether or not my Logic Final passed.

Got a lil' more to post... soooo...Abu! Hit me with the break!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Uber Summary

Am posting so that my Darling Love may finish his story!!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

My presents
    Oh right! I forgot to mention what I got!
    -Petz Catz 2 (Abu)
    -Rune Factory 2 (Abu) ((I still need to beat Rune Factory))
    -A $15 gift card to Gamestop (Abu) (( I kept complaining how I wanted a gift card this Christmas, and she got me one! ))
    -A hand-made pillow of Puppy from Abu's comic Big Dumb Puppy (Abu)
    -Sansa 4GB mp3 player (Abu) (( always wanted a small mp3 player! And she got me one! ))
    -A warranty for said mp3 player (Abu) (( "wear and tear" is putting things lightly when it comes to my hand-held devices ))
    -Garfield 2009 Calendar (Abu) ((Garfield = awesomeness. Garfield Calendar = monthly awesomeness))
    -Swiss Army Knife (Abu's dad)
    -2 $10 gift cards to Coco's, 1 $15 gift card to iTunes (Abu's mom)
    -a new Samsung phone (dad) (( got it a couple weeks ago, but it was his present to me, phone hasn't failed me yet! ))
    -$100 (mother)
    -an all-new HP CPU (mother) ((I'm typing on it now. Awesomeness))
    -$50 check (aunt)
    -a tiny tiny violin (eldest bro) (( HA! I get it! ))
    -1600 Microsoft Points (elder bro) ((funny... I still don't have the Wi-Fi device on my 360))

+Did I like these presents? Heck yes I do!
    But most important of all! Everyone liked their presents (for the most part)... and that's what makes me happiest. That and spending lotsa' time with Abu! And with school outta' the way for a few weeks, I'll be spendin' TONS of time with her! YAHOO!!!!

Valkyria Chronicles
    Whenever I looked at the back of the game, I always wondered why Abu would want such a game... I mean, it's a tactical game! Abu's not much for tactics...
    But once she played it, I realized something.
    The entire gameplay looks like it was drawn, kinda' like an active manga, cel-shadingly awesome. Maybe that's what attracted her?
    But as I kept watching, I also realized it was like an gun-version and active-version of Fire Emblem!
    And Abu LOOOOOOVED Fire Emblem. She was never interested in tactical games until I let her give it a try. I think from now on it's easy to assume that basic Tactical-RPGs that have anime-like characters are a favorite on Abu's standards. ...once the tactics become too complicated, once so much features are added that it seems like an encyclopedia of facts, once the characters start looking less like anime characters, and once you can't win a single battle through brute strength... Abu will lose interest in it.
    .. The game was pretty cool to me, ((small note: O_o Is Edsel playing Little Big Planet right now? Weird. I didn't think that it was his type of game)) but once I figured out you had a main base in which you could upgrade, level up, find out more story things, get new recruits, and etc - and once I found out you could do skirmishes - and once I found out that every soldier in your team reacts differently to things - I WAS HOOKED.
    ^^; I feel bad, cuz it's Abu's present. But I can't help but love the game.
    ...y'see, I loved Fire Emblem... but the lack of Skirmishes to earn extra cash or to level up before the next big battle, made me not LOVE-LOVE-LOVE it. The characters and powers and stuff were all awesome and cool, but I wish I coulda' leveled up my rather weak and frail characters. ... and I wish I coulda' upgraded my weapons more. ...but the game just encourages you to start a new game once you're finished. *sigh* And I don't have time for that. So skirmishes are my thing. I LOVE skirmishes. It's like I could do whatever I want without worrying about doing it perfectly! Skirmishes! It's one of my main deciding factors on whether or not I'll buy a tactical game.
    ...so yeah. Hooked on the game. Love the game. Love skirmishes.

Other stuff
    I need to update and change my Wii Referral list! I've learned a few more things here and there and remembered SO MUCH MORE GAMES. I hafta' update it! But not now... this is already too much stuff.

Abu needs to beat Fable II by next week. I'll make her.

I need to catch up on other games.

...I really need to catch up on my Little Big Planet...

... *sigh* I need to catch up on so many other things. Oh well.

I'm sure I have more things to post about... buuuut... I'm tired of typing. So bye!

Merry belated Christmas everyone!
    And a Happy early New Year!

Oh - and PS: Bladestorm is still awesome.
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Dec 28, 2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: PS-ing

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    And having her own section, Abu!
    -SBCG4AP episodes 4&5 (she already finished 1,2,&3. Huge homestarrunner fan)
    -A book about Chuck Norris "facts" (she LOVES them jokes)
    -Marley & Me (not the one with the movie picture on it)
    -3 books from Frank McCourt (she always talked about his books, so I got them for her)
    -Valkyria Chronicles (she always wanted this game, I said I'd get it for her. And I did)
    -Hello Kitty DS skin case (she would glare at it from outside the window all day)
    -A book on how to tell cat behaviors (she has a cat... and cats are weird )
    -Old school ways on how to remember stuff (she's an English-geek)
    -Forrero Rocher (because that stuff is ADD-ictive)
    -Chococat Calendar (she LOOOOOOVES Chococat)
    -Kinoki pads (from those infomercials... haven't seen them? Google it... she always thought those things were cool)
    -A LARGE Dog plushie ( half Maggie's size! ...and Maggie's tall! )
    +Did she like them? .......... what? Are you stupid? Of course she loved them! If I asked for ANYTHING from her right now, she'd give it! SHE LOOOOOVED HER PRESENTS! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

\(^o^)/ more like "t3h b3st EVARZZZZZ!!1!!"

*^-^* thank you so much for everything, Darling~...

+ Reply to Thread