+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wii Music? Animal Crossing! BWii 2...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Wii Music? Animal Crossing! BWii 2...

Who says the Wii doesn't have good games?
    I seem to be playing it more now...

Fable 2 really did distract me though... I should probably play that again... you know, shoot some innocents with bolts of lightning again. Fun as hell.

Oh, and we finally got Wii Music on Monday (late Monday, that's why I didn't post it).

I know tons of people hate it ( without even playing it, or for those who have- haven't played it WELL! OH BURN! ), but I wanted to get it because I needed a game I could play without even looking at the screen.

Why? Because unlike most people, I like to do "work" while I'm relaxing.
    By work... it goes anything from drawing down tactics, drawing mazes, setting up several Pokemon Decks (when I used to play Pokemon TCG...... that thing steals your money... without you even noticing it), playing chess against myself, doing random exercises, writing out stories, etc etc....

No, they're not hobbies. That's how I relax, literally. I feel more energized once I'm done with those (or fall asleep doing so, if it's calming enough).

Anywho...

So I wanted to do something with my hands while laying back and staring at the ceiling (great therapy for everyone). And seeing that I don't know how to play my guitar yet (of which I should've learned last summer... but the weather made me not want to do anything), I don't really have much to do while staring at a ceiling... and no, not that. You're weird and very intrusive for thinking such.

So I thought "Hmmm... Wii Music... you don't have to really play well, and as long as you know how a song goes, you can play it with any instrument... looks like we have a winner!!!".

What I didn't expect was...
    This game's actually quite challenging!

And most people are turned off from this game because all those demonstrations and commercials usually show people playing the game awfully!

It doesn't sound as MIDI as those demonstrations make it look! It's probably because those people were paid to do it a few days before the demo, and they didn't want to spend much time with it. Understandable. Being paid to do something I don't really care for would make me spend VERY minimal time with it. (depending on the money)

...and I suppose they spent most of their time trying to show "enthusiasm" for those demos... O_o their "enthusiasm" creeps me out.

Anyways... not only is the game fairly fun (and funny depending if you share your Wii with other people... why? Because of how badly you play together/watching your Miis play), but it's satisfying to make actual GOOD music!

I'm glad I can put my Miis to work again. They haven't done things in a LONG time. And for me, the first year of the Wii was ALL ABOUT my Miis!

Some people find Miis aggravating, but I think it's just cuz of three possible reasons...
    1. They're too stiff. They need to loosen up and laugh at immature things for once.
    2. They didn't make any Miis they could relate themselves to (characters, celebrities, etc), or they made the Miis look too "real" / as least funny as possible.
    3. Everybody loves Miis. And being rebellious as they are, they want to move against the tide and see Miis as "lame" just cuz their mom loves them. ...of course, this is also coming from the same people who "rebel against the tide by ALL getting the same products as other rebels"...

... I don't see how it's not enjoyable to see Fabio beatboxing while Michael Jackson is on the turntables.

... or how it's not awesome that you see Steve Urkel ( spelling? ) play the accordian to the tune of "September".

... or how it's not extremely amusing to make a band completely out of DBZ characters.

ANYWAYS! Back to the music part...

At first I thought the music was just bad because the game couldn't really get to the point of being great... but as I started doing the game challenges (the music games... that Pitch Perfect game can go to Hell), especially Pitch Perfect, I realized how complex the game was! It wasn't so much that the game couldn't make good music, it was that all the instruments followed certain tune compared to a song. And you can take it off that track, but if you take it too far off track, be sure you know what you're doing or else it'll sound just awful!

Not only that, missing a single timed tune can make your instrument make a sound you don't want at all (or sometimes, find a sound that you would love to be in the song).

In a fashion, this game is much more complex than games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band... but due to it's simplistic form of actions, people often miss how complex it really can be. How you can make a song sound REALLY AWESOME if you just get the right instruments together ( or the wrong instruments! OMG! ).
    So sure, it can't make every sound you wish it to, but you couldn't do that with Guitar Hero either (other than song creator stuff)... even that was limited. At least in Wii Music you can go off on any musical tangent you felt like going at ANY TIME.

I'm obviously not saying Wii Music's better than those games, but I AM saying that Guitar Hero is a poor example to compare it to! ...same galaxy, but different solar systems. ...same genre, but different way of playing.

Anywho...

After playing for a while and creating vids (you can keep the video of your performances and send it to your other friends that own Wii Music), they opened more lessons for me to try...
    It gave me a better sense of how the tunes went...
    and after some more vids were made, more lessons appeared...
    At that point, my mind blew up.

X_x too much to learn.

I understand it, but it's still so much information! I suppose I just need to take things slow...

... also one weird thing I noticed: I don't get angry at this game.

I DO get frustrated, but it doesn't make me lash out at anyone. It just makes me want to keep going, make it perfect... and if I can't perfect it, get close to perfecting it... and if I can't get close to it, I drop the song and agree to myself that I'm not that good yet.

I'm sad though, because I had to do that with one of my most favoritest songs evar...

September, by Earth Wind and Fire.

I LURV that song! But... it's so hard... @_@ I'm not that good yet... The bass is friggin' hard. Especially with drums.... in fact, all the spots are difficult.

I may love my music, but I don't have the same "it"-factor that musicians have. You know, the ability to know the different tones and beats and feel it through your body.

I ain't tone-deaf... and I ain't beat-deaf either...
    But I just don't have a complete one in me.
    It's kinda' like everything else for me: I'm an all-around person, jack-of-all trades, skilled in all things... and guess what? All those things I'm skilled in? A little broken.
    ...it's the main reason why I'm not into the arts as much as I'm interested in it.
    I've practiced for years in almost every medium... but nope, it can't get any further than a certain point. No matter how hard I work at it, it just halts.
    And the only way it improves is literally YEARS.
    I just have to wait a year, and all of a sudden I can learn more, I can get better. And it's always at an alarming speed.

But hey, it's never as good as them masters out there. :/ Ah well. I'm great at making ideas, I suppose that's what matters.

WHOOPS! Totally fell outta' track!

But yeah... I'm not good enough to play September, as much as I love that song.

I'll practice a "little more" (I play it for HOURS a day) and see if I can try again later.

Ah well... I made some pretty good stuff with my other songs. So if you have Wii Music or are planning to get it, just tell me and I'll send my code on its way to you!

Hun, I need to post more, can you post so I can add the rest?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wii Music? Animal Crossing! BWii 2...

^o^ why yes indeed-y doo you can~! sam i am and sam i am~!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

...one thing that confuses me about Wii Music are the reviews...
    Some places say it's odd and that it's only for experimental things... I wouldn't say that, as an experiment would mean that it's not a legit feeling once done... but as I see it, the songs can be perfect and feel whole if you get at least close to perfecting it. I know they're talking about the different instruments out there, but if in all honesty they played it long enough to perfect it, it wouldn't feel like an "experiment" at all. It'd feel like you're just playing to entertain.
    Some places say that it doesn't have enough hours of entertainment...
    I'm not sure who they're talking to. Maybe they're talking about those who don't have ANY friends (online counts this time), or those who have ADHD, or those who hate the Wii. ... but as I see it, the game can entertain for more than just a "few hours"! As long as you have ideas in your head, and as long as you're trying to perfect that one song, the game will keep you coming back to it!
    Some places say it has gimmicky controls or an awful soundtrack...
    ... er... the only way you say it has gimmicky controls is if you either HATE the Wii or you honestly didn't put enough time and EFFORT into the game. O_o ...and as for the soundtrack, the list is kinda' small, but in no way is the soundtrack awful. If you don't like it, you don't like the classics! You must be TOO INTO thinking you're a "rock legend" by playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band (though commendable, it'd be much more interesting if you were that good with an actual guitar/drums). So far, it seems that Wii Music came out as a perfected product, but with an incomplete track list as to see the reception of families. -they weren't going to put tons of tracks into it until they saw how families took the game. ( I heard they might make a Wii Music 2. Awesomeness! )
    Some places say the music in the game is just a "noise maker"...
    ............. I really am tempted not to touch that one, since it's plainly obvious that either the people REALLY HATE THE WII or REALLY HATE WHAT THEY SAW IN E3 so they decided not to even go any further in skill than what they saw.

I accept most criticisms and will gladly explain a counterpoint, but I really hate the "noise maker"-one...
    In all honesty, all music-generating games are "noise-makers". Because if you aren't playing the instrument yourself, or if it doesn't have a fully workable synthesizer area, the game will be nothing more than "making noise" to fit the song. -_-''
    At that point, PC-Gamers can laugh at Console players, since only they have a system capable of creating ANY SONG that they want.

...anyways: Get Wii Music. Rent it, at least. Try it out, work hard at it, send me a vid.

As for Animal Crossing... I didn't play it much yesterday... Nook's was closed for re-modelling. And as a fisherman, I don't have much use "going outside" in the game (AKA: Playing) if I can't sell my fish!

Ah well, he's open today, gotta' go back to my daily grind of fishing once I get home.

And as for BWii 2... It's so frustrating...

Stupid helicopters coming by the hundreds...
    stupid jets being the only thing that I have that's anti-air...
    stupid anti-aircraft always placed every 2 feet...
    stupid infantry getting flat-lined by artillery...
    stupid artillery being protected by said helicopters...
    stupid jets that fly so fast and are so hard to control I end up crashing into the mountains trying to avoid anti-air missiles...

*sigh*

Now THAT game frustrates me.
    I'll see if I can try it again later... stupid little stupid stupids...

Have you guys checked this out? :
    YouTube - Megaman The Movie Trailer [An Eddie Lebron Film]

I think it's friggin' awesome. Even if you think it's lame, admit that it being lame is what makes it awesome.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    admit that it being lame is what makes it awesome.

^_^ yes!

(=_= ) and... "noise maker"? i think they're just angry cuz they suck old rotten monkey b@lls at the game... and i mean it too!

Wii Music is a game that's suppose to awaken your desire and love for music, just like all people have... and if all that's comes out is "noise", then all you're putting in is "noise"... after all, how many people are good at guitar or whatever the minute they pick it up? right, like 5! and how many people have tried/trying/are playing guitar now? like 50 billion million, right? so what the hell? give the game a chance!

and get some God damn friends! like literally, like friends God might damn but hey, they still like Wii Music!

Thanks

You're so sweet hun.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm planning on getting Animal Crossing today.

AO FISHING PARTY.

+ Reply to Thread