+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wii Referrals

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Wii Referrals

For a lotta' people, the Wii is rather desolate in good games. But that depends from which prespective you look at it.

So for any new Wii users, I'll give you a run-down on some good games to get!
    (I know some of these titles sound iffy, but at least look at the short review.

I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THIS WITH REVIEWS, SO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS THREAD.

Current Games:

No More Heroes
    As awesome as this game is, rent it out first. You see, the creator is Suda51. The same creator of Killer7. He tends to like to make his games odd for the sake of "originality" and "artist's statement". The biggest oddity is how he expresses his opinion about "free-roam cities", it'll be the first thing you notice. But if you like otaku-ness, if you like hot women, if you like AWESOME BOSS BATTLES, if you like beam swords, AND like punk-style:: You HAVE to get this game.
    Battalion Wars 2
    Despite it's rather bad graphics with a hint of improvement as the battles move on, this game is fun as heck. If you like the idea of commanding troops while controlling one, this game is friggin' great. The controls are done well on many parts, while some make it more difficult. But if you like games like Kessen or Bladestorm and don't mind cartoons, this game's for you!
    Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
    Wow, this game went into a lot of debate while it was being developed... fans were so split, that barely anyone bought it! Don't expect this game to be ground breaking, but don't expect it to be the worst game ever either. Though many people believe the controls are broken, it just takes time to adjust to. After adjusting, you realize how well they work. The games are fun and exciting, and you'll be laughing your *ss off the whole time as you fall from either exhaustion or from the hilarity of watching your friends look like an idiot. This game's pretty solid for parties.
    Elebits
    An extremely simple game. The goal? Find and capture the elebits! Sounds easy? Maybe... but it'll get difficult over time. And you know what? Knocking things around is actually pretty fun to do! The game's simplicity and fun is worth it's small price now! Find and capture this game!
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Loved and hated. Loved and hated. It depends what kind of gamer you are. Some people don't find it fun to knock people into the sky with their favorite Nintendo characters. Some people don't care to learn how to play well without button mashing. ...if you love Nintendo, if you loved games like Powerstone (games where you smash each other into complete mayhem), and if you just love brawling... this game's for you! Gotta' warn ya' though, the online feature isn't perfect. It isn't awful, but it's pretty bad sometimes. But friend code battles seem to run pretty smoothly.
    Mario Kart Wii
    A MUST HAVE for the Wii! Loved Mario Kart games? GET IT! Love playing online? MUST GET IT! Never played Mario Kart games? A great place to start! ...this has to be one of THE BEST online games out there! Runs smoothly, chaotic, fun, and insanely addictive! You oughtta' get it. Seriously. (warning: If you're a local-multiplayer ONLY Mario Kart lover, stick with the DS version.......... the roads are huge, so 4 players make the giant roads seem like endless deserts)
    Ghost Squad
    Did you ever go to the arcades back in the day and play things like Time Crisis or Virtua Cop? Did you love those corny dialogues and storylines? Did you enjoy the thrill of battling several soldiers while avoiding to hit the hostages? THIS GAME IS FOR YOU! And if any game went perfect with the Wii Zapper (depending whether or not you like using the Zapper), this would be it! Great for parties.
    House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
    Same as the above, except replace the "soldiers" with "zombies". ...but if you REALLY want fun in this game by yourself, instead of using the Zapper... enter as 2-players, using 2 Wii Perfect Shots! Dual gun action to the max!
    Resident Evil 4 Wii edition
    Many people agree that the Wii version of the Resident Evil 4 game is far superior to the other forms. The Wii-pointer shooting makes the game much more interesting and fun. (though the large aimer -as opposed to the tiny red dot from the other systems- does take a little away from the game)
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
    Think House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, except new.
    Victorious Boxers Revolution
    An awesome game with an addictive storyline (you won't want to turn it off and go back to it later... you'd want to finish it in one go). But I give a warning... BE CAREFUL WHICH CONTROLLER STYLE YOU'RE USING. I believe it was Swing 2 mode that was the best way to control it. You see, the original control mode tries to sense the Wiimote more accurately than it could be (until motion+ appears). Other than that, the game's pretty solid. You'll want it mainly for the storyline (whether a fan of the anime or not).
    WarioWare: Smooth Moves
    ...if you have never played a WarioWare game, you're in for an insane surprise. You see, the game's a collection of minigames. But not just a collection of minigames, it's a challenge full of extremely miniminigames! The whole idea of WarioWare is that they give you a minigame which usually requires you to only enter in one command. If you don't place the command before the time limit (which is usually seconds), you lose. Period.
    ...but if you enter it in correctly, they'll give you another minigame with a whole new goal. And if you beat enough of those minigames, they'll speed it up. They'll keep doing this until you reach the boss minigame, or if you lose. These minigames range from hitting a fencer with a turnip, to making Mario jump over a Goomba, to fighting a giant robot. But this is the Wii version, motion control gallore. And none of the controls are gimmicky, they're all perfect. And you know what that means? That's right, you have to make a complete fool of yourself in order to complete the minigames! It's insanely fun and hilarious and especially fun in parties. For parties, it is a MUST HAVE. But you HAVE TO HAVE a loose sense of humor. You can't be too serious and expect this game to entertain you.
    WarioLand: Shake It!
    A pretty standard 2D platformer game. The goal's simple: Beat the stage. But of course you can try to rack up your score through time, gold, or etc. The controls are simple but very effective, and this is one of the most beautiful 2D animated games you'll ever see. Not specifically a must-have, but not a regrettable choice either. ...but remember: This is Wario we're talking about. He's not going to be extremely fast or flexible. Expect slow and strong.
    Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
    Don't like how the Wii doesn't have much Fighting games? This game should definitely satisfy you! Even non-DBZ fans found this game entertainingly awesome! ...though if you're a DBZ-game fan, be sure what you're getting into. Afterall, DBZ-game fans are very picky. Budokai, Budokai Tenkaichi, and Burst Limit are all VERY different games. But if you like the idea of smashing an enemy through cliffs while trying to dodge their blast, this is a very thrilling purchase! Give this game a try and you won't be disappointed (unless you're a hardcore Budokai-ONLY fan). And remember: YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A DBZ FAN TO APPRECIATE THIS GAME.
    Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
    Now usually I would list game series as a single game, rather than seperate. But not only are the controls in this are VERY different, but the game itself changes completely in feel because of the new moves. Just as awesome as the 2nd, but with more characters! Your choice! Just know that these two games ARE different from one another... play it for a good amount of time, then switch to the other, then you'll understand. Oh and one more thing: Don't play online, it's horribly laggy. HORRIBLY LAGGY. It's best to just forget it exists.
    Wii Fit
    As opposed to what people say, Wii Fit has actually proven to THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, that a game CAN MAKE YOU SWEAT in the fitness sort of way. If you keep up with the exercises, YOU WILL SEE RESULTS. No kidding. ...but remember people, this is about fitness, not muscle building. ...does it make exercising fun? ...hmmm... it makes exercising "funner". But it is still a chore. But hey, if you don't want to go out to the gym, this is a pretty nice substitute. Oh and one thing in here that REALLY makes you realize why the call it a BALANCE board: After playing several balance games, you'll not be conscious of your body's posture for the next few days, you'll also improve amazingly on your sense of BALANCE! So if not for the fitness prespective, you could always just get it for the Balance Board (to be used in future games) and for the ability to improve your sense of balance.
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Dec 08, 2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Added a few details.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wii Referrals

Darling is a crazy man!

crazy man!

crazy man

<-- was watching him type this whole thing... he is crazy!

\(^_^)/ good reviews though, Sweetie! i highly agree!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks
    ^^;; I'm not even done yet... I've still gotta' work on these titles:

(current games continued)
    Castlevania Judgement
    Wii Music
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Paper Mario
    Boom Blox
    Koropina: Marble Madness
    Guitar Hero games
    Mushroom Men: Spore Wars
    Order Up!
    Cooking Mama: Cook-Off
    Cooking Mama: World Kitchen
    Sonic and the Secret Rings
    Sonic Unleashed
    Skate It
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    Monster Lab (though better on DS)
    Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
    James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace
    MySims
    MySims: Kingdom
    Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
    Sam & Max: Season One
    Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
    We Cheer
    Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked
    de Blob
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    Link's Crossbow Training (comes with Zapper)
    Active Life Outdoor Challenge
    We Ski
    Battle of the Bands
    Okami
    Opoona
    Baroque
    Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
    NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2
    Mario Party 8
    Blast Works: Build, Trade & Destroy
    Bully Scholarship Edition
    Endless Ocean
    Pokemon Battle Revolution
    Zack & Wiki
    Wii Play
    Catz 2
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
    Castle of Shikigami III
    DDR games
    Lego games
    We Love Golf!
    Dokapon Kingdom
    Trauma Center Games
    SNK collection games
    Metal Slug Anthology
    Rayman Raving Rabbits games
    Samba de Amigo
    Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip

Upcoming Games:
    MadWorld
    The Conduit
    Punch-Out!
    Sin & Punishment 2
    Ultimate Shooting Collection
    Wii Sports Resort
    Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
    Tenchu Shadow Assassin
    Rygar: The Battle of Argus
    The Little King's Story
    House of the Dead: Overkill
    Koropina 2: Marble Saga
    MySims Party
    Sonic and the Black Knight
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
    Let's Tap
    Fatal Frame 4
    Deadly Creatures
    Help Wanted
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    Fragile
    Monster Hunter 3
    Sam & Max: Season Two
    Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
    No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle
    Taiko Drum Master Wii
    Red Steel 2
    Endless Ocean 2
    Trace Memory R
    Marble Saga: Koropina 2
    Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces
    Arc Rise Fantasia
    Rune Factory Frontier
    Calling (the unknown survival horror game)
    Disaster: Day of Crisis (let's hope)
    Elebits 2?
    Wii Music 2?
    Spore?
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 4?

WiiWare Games:
    Pop
    World of Goo
    SBCG4AP games
    Defend Your Castle
    LostWinds
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King
    Toki Tori
    TV Show King
    Space Invaders Get Even!
    Alien Crush Returns
    Art Style games
    Tetris Party
    Megaman 9
    Block Breaker Deluxe
    My Pokemon Ranch
    Family Table Tennis
    Critter Round-Up
    Dr. Mario Online Rx
    Star Soldier R
    Groovin' Blocks
    Bomberman Blast
    Home Sweet Home
    Brain Challenge

Import This!
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom
    Ougon no Kizuna
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Dec 15, 2008 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Still updating list...

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Can Fatal Frame 4 get released over here already. I'm like pulling my hair out waiting.

The Conduit is going to be a blast.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm waiting for Dead Rising on Wii, considering I played it on 360 and was one of my favorites.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

^_^;; Noticed that I moved something?
    It was Castlevania Judgement, I moved it up the list because I've been playing it non-stop and wanted to talk about it.

Don't mind me. Just read on.

Castlevania Judgement
    Castlevania Judgement has to be one of the best unwanted treasures out there for the Wii. If you're a Castlevania fan, you will out-right refuse this game for several reasons, but will lose out on something pretty nifty.
    The main reason why you'll refuse Castlevania Judgement is for the reason why many people are iffy about it. Let's just call Castlevania Judgement, Castlevania Deathnote. The same artist for Death Note designed the characters for this game - I'm not fairly certain WHY the people decided to hire him for the game, but it may be for the universal reason of "3D fighting games with characters that have intricate outfits = best-selling game"... well, at least that's how one can depict something like Soul Calibur. If you're a Castlevania fan, you might (will) be completely offended by how these characters are dressed.
    However, despite the gawd awful outfits ( some of them are cool, but seriously: ARMORED SHORTS??? ), the stories are extremely accurate. Fans should be pleased as to how these Castlevania characters react to one another... also, Castlevania fans should fall in love with the remixed songs.
    However, that's as far as it goes for Castlevania fans - from here on out, it's all about a new 3D fighting game.
    Though it doesn't break any boundaries, it does mix a few things into a fun formula. Large 3D arenas with hazards (of which you can turn off), accessible sub-weapons (ranging from projectiles, to spells) and health pickups, normal combos that can be mixed in with special attacks, and of course the lovable finishing attack that does tremendous damage. Not only that, the characters are extremely unique, all with their own fighting style that completely change your tactic in the field. ...the controls can be changed from Wiimote+nunchuk to that of the Classic controller (I believe the GC controller is also available), but the Wiimote+nunchuk seems to be the most fun. It's waggle-tastic. But don't be thrown off, the waggles aren't inaccurate in the least, they react perfectly... in fact, it's the only game I know that constant (and precise) waggling CAN get you somewhere (other than Wii Sports). (and it finally created a form of "waggle-mashing" that was missing from Wii fighting games ). There's also DS-connectivity... it adds a few accessories into the game + automatically unlocks some characters, but when it connects to the DS game, it not only gives a rare item, but it also increases the maximum level.
    All-in-all, Castlevania Judgement is a pretty darn good 3D fighter that SHOULDN'T BE IGNORED. And the only complaint people have of the gameplay is the camera... which shouldn't be a problem until you fight Dracula (you'll see what I mean). The game's poorly judged by many, but it's an actual solid game, something that's rarely seen on the Wii.
    ^^; Sorry for the semi-long review. This game needs some defending, as it is worth the $50.

Wii Music
    Many have said this game is awful without even playing it. Let me put it this way:
    Step 1 - shut up and clear your mind
    Step 2 - look at this from a musician's point of view
    Step 3 - try out every feature and unlock everything (won't take too long)
    Step 4 - try to play a song perfectly on all parts with different instruments from the original
    Step 5 - now try to remix a song into any fashion you wish

If you complete these steps, you'll actually realize that not only is this game amazing, not only is this game much more intricate than most other games out there, not only is this game a wonderful teaching tool, but that this game would actually be worth $80 if they just added 10-20 more songs.
    This game isn't just a "Oh, only for casual players". It's actually a great game for anyone who loves music. Don't fall for reviews that bash on it, they often reviewed the game in their head before even touching the game, henceforth, they never really saw what was SO BLATANTLY GREAT about it. No kidding, no exaggerating. I mean it with all my heart as a gamer and as a person.
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    ...there's only one reason as to why you shouldn't get this game: You already bought it for the gamecube, and even then people will question why you didn't get it.
    ...it's friggin' Twilight Princess, a great game no matter how you look at it. And though it ain't as ground-breaking as Ocarina of Time, it is still a golden standard.

Get it. Got it? Good.
    Super Mario Galaxy
    A MUST HAVE for all Wii owners. Even people bored of the Mario series found this game extremely... fun.

Get it. Got it? Good.
    Super Paper Mario
    Fans of the old Paper Mario games (fun fact: Paper Mario games were actually supposed to be sequels to Super Mario RPG) won't be highly pleased with this one... as the turn-based RPG element has completely disappeared and turned into a rather interesting form of 2D-3D hybrid.
    Being a point-A to point-B game with minions and secret passages, Super Paper Mario is like the old Super Mario Bros. games... however, you mix in the RPG elements of items, specials, stage-puzzles, character-tools, and boss fights, and you get Super Paper Mario.
    People will often talk about how you change things from a 2D to a semi-3D environment, but that's only a character-tool in my opinion. The real magic just comes from all the nitches put together + the story.
    Give it a rental, you may love it.
    Boom Blox
    Let's put it this way...
    DO YOU LOVE PUZZLES?
    WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO MAKE YOUR OWN PUZZLES?
    WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO MAKE A GAME WITH PUZZLE-ESQUE FEATURES?
    DO YOU FIND YOURSELF CREATIVE?

If you said yes to any 2 of the above, then YOU SHOULD GET THE GAME.
    Period.
    Koropina: Marble Madness
    A game rather unknown to most Wii-owners, this game came out in the early first year of the Wii. This game is an amazing game to own, as it shows the accuracy and uniqueness of the Wii motion controls. The goal in this game is to get the Marble from point A to point B (most times). You do this by tilting the Wiimote, controlling the tilt of the stage... along the way, you must make sure your marble doesn't fall off the stage, or to fall into any danger for that matter. If you haven't gotten this game yet, I suggest you get it. It's cheap price masks it's amazing use of controls.
    Guitar Hero games
    I know what you're thinking... "What about Rock Band?". Let me just put it this way: The creators of Rock Band have lied many times to Wii users, saying that they got a crapped-down version because the Wii couldn't handle it. Yet, Guitar Hero PROVED EVERY ONE OF THEIR LIES WRONG by actually allowing things such as DLC to appear on the Wii-versions. ...so in that sense, support Guitar Hero. They won't jip you.
    Mushroom Men: Spore Wars
    Though rated down due to its rather plain style of gaming, Spore Wars is at least a semi-standard for platforming games for the Wii. Give it a rental and see if you like it.
    Abu! Hit it please!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i am going to read this! but will post now so you can finish!

Thanks

Order Up!
    To some of us (me especially), Cooking Mama games aren't our niche... we don't want to just cook things on a recipe, we want to cook for people who'd eat it and earn a profit or a good review! We don't want to be given little step-by-steps, we want to just remember how to make it.
    For those of us who believe that, and for those of you who like the idea regardless of the fact that you like Cooking Mama, this game pleases.
    You basically run a restaurant... you start off flippin' burgers, to all the way to be the top chef in a fancy-pants restaurant! All the time, you'll be earning profit, trying to please the specific needs of certain customers, buying new recipes to make, trying your best to make sure you don't accidentally burn down your restaurant, hoping you get a fresh ingredients the next day, saving up money to upgrade your equipment or to buy a new restaurant, trying to make sure your su chefs don't fall asleep, and eventually earning yourself enough renown to become the top chef!
    Though sadly there's no multiplayer, the game itself is amazingly fun and addictive... that is, if you like cooking games.
    Cooking Mama: Cook-Off
    Cooking Mama fans will be slightly disappointed that the recipe list is amazingly smaller than the ones on the DS games... however, it's still the same kind of game, with the charm of Mama as she cheers you on to becoming *ahem* "Even better than Mama!". The Wiimote controls aren't perfect, but suit perfectly to the needs of cooking. And if you have a competitive side, feel free to challenge a person on a cook-off!
    Things are still graded the same, and things still feel the same.
    Up to you whether or not you want Cooking Mama on your Wii!
    Cooking Mama: World Kitchen
    Cooking Mama goes 3D! Instead of the rather flat world of Cooking Mama, the world has been turned 3D in order to change the feel of the game to suit the Wii more! Controls have become slightly more accurate, and the cuteness and fun is beyond a Cooking Mama fan's imagination!
    Though this game isn't as "balanced" as the previous Cooking Mama for the Wii, as this is just more pleasing to the specific group who are fans of Cooking Mama.
    A fan of the CM? Then get this game! It's worth the buy!
    Sonic and the Secret Rings
    Now if you're expecting a 100&#37; good Sonic game, prepare to be disappointed. However, if you're looking for a 100% GOOD GAME, prepare to be pleased. This game is in no way going to feed your Sonic love, but it is going to please you in the sense that it's an actual good game.
    Go ahead, give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.
    Sonic Unleashed
    Contrary to belief, Xbox360 isn't superior to the Wii in games... this is made evident by Sonic Unleashed. As it got higher ratings on the Wii than on the 360. It's not so much the controls... and it's not so much certain additions... it's actually because Nintendo fans happen to like this kind of gaming as opposed to the hardcore fans of Xbox360. XD
    This game's rather good for what it is. And the only thing horrid is the night-time sequence. But the running-stages are astounding to many people. Other than all that, it's worth a rental.
    Skate It
    ...need a game for your Balance Board?
    Tch, more like you need this game, and this game NEEDS the Balance Board!
    It feels smooth and so not gimmicky! Skating fans will have an all-new feel for their skateboard gaming needs! This will surely please and set a new standard for skateboarding games (at least in the motion-sense).
    Give it your money!
    That's all for now... Abu looks bored.
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Dec 10, 2008 at 10:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast