+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Art-straviganza!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Art-straviganza!

So, I've decided that if nobody wants to hire me, I will hire myself.

I've been on this huge drawing binge and will be doing quite a bit of painting as well during spring break. I'm hoping to sell my artwork and maybe try my hand at freelance graphics. I met a girl at Caribou Coffee a couple days ago. She was really interested in my artwork and asked me if I'd be interested in designing a logo for her. I pretty much said, "That's what I'm in school for," LOL. She was excited upon hearing that and gave me her business card. She's willing to buy the rights to my artwork upon approval of the logo. *fist pump* YES!

So, I'm starting an Etsy shop, I'm trying to see if anyone will buy prints from DA as well. I'm also trying to find out if I can possibly put some art in a gallery for sale. I wish I had a large scanner. I have stuff that demands to be put online with something better than a camera. >_<

I picked up a bunch of art trading cards in hopes of making and selling ACEOs as well. I know of someone on Tumblr who sells them for between eight and forty bucks. I'm pretty certain those will sell pretty quick. (My optimism leads me to depressing situations sometimes. I hope this isn't one of them.)

Anyway, my fingers are crossed and my goals are set. Wish me luck!

**equinn, if you're reading this, we should chat about art and the sale of art. scratch my back, i'll scratch yours ^_^**

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Art-straviganza!

Good luck man, hope that everything turns out ok for ya. I'm getting back into the whole swing of things with my art and such, but I need to see a doc about some of my health issues first. They're really being a pain and I wanna get 'em under control. I will get busy soon, I hope, and I wish the best of luck to all of my fellow artists out there.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Back at ya! ^_^
    I hope your health improves as well. (Can't really do much if your not in good health, right?)

It's been a while, Joe. How are you? Anything new?

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm tryin' to get better, I recently jus' lost my mom. She had COPD and it created alot of health problems for her and it finally caught up with her. She'll be sorely missed. I've had to do alot of reevaluating in my life, now more than ever. I want to get back into my drawing, but my biggest obstacle now is a medical condition called Cronic Fatigue Syndrome. I'm gonna get a second opinion though and make sure that is what is causing my problems with being tired and unable to concentrate. According to my doctor, it's related to the Chemo that I underwent when I was battling cancer. If the second opinion confirms what he says, I'm gonna check and make sure that what my doc said is true and that there is nothing they can do about it. I find that a little hard to believe, but either way it's not gonna stop me, I'll find a way. Anywho, I hope that you are able to succeed in your endeavor. I always wish the best of luck to all those who chase their dreams, not least of all my friends.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Thanks

OMG. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I know how it feels to lose someone close to you. My brother's mom died a few years back and my granny passed almost 2 years ago. You have my condolences. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here man.

A friend of mine went through chemo and he's been pretty fatigued as a result of which. Although, he goes through dialysis as well, so that could be a good reason as to why he's always so tired. Whatever it is that's ailing you, I hope you get well soon. Keep on pushing. I look forward to seeing some of your recent work. ^_^

Do you have a DeviantArt account?

Thanks

No I do not, but I'll check on creating one soon; been a little busy with my niece and nephew, haven' seen them in 3 years. The good news, for your friend, is that Docs have all kinds of meds that they can use now to help with the side effects of Chemo. Meds that they didn' have when I went through it, they'll help rebuild his white and red blood cells and battle the fatigue. Have him check on that if he hasn' already, it'll help with any future problems like the ones that I'm having.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mage For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Mar 20, 2011)

+ Reply to Thread