+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class just got interesting!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Class just got interesting!

I mean, drawing class is always interesting--considering I've never had one--but, today was pretty cool. We had to do blind contour line drawing. We couldn't look at the paper and we couldn't lift the pencil. It was like putting a cone on a dog so it can't lick itself. LOL. We have nine drawings due by next Friday, which means that I'm gonna have my hands full this week. Thank god for labor day. I can knock out some math and have all week to draw and read for Psych and Interpersonal Communication.

I'm gonna post one of the drawings I had due today on Tumblr later. It's the second of the two I had to do. One is already up. Also, I think I'll post my first blind contour drawing today. It's too funny. ^_^ (Chrysanthemums? That was supposed to be chrysanthemums? [predicted comment])

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

Re: Class just got interesting!

Wow small world. xD

I just did them for my drawing class as well yesterday. My professor timed us on it and gave us items. And we'd do a new drawing every half-hour. We had to draw the item and the class room (including people) without looking or lifting a pencil. We could do a quick glance after we drew for about a minute.

It was a lot of fun and she said I did an amazing job and that I improved so much by the end of the class (which is 3 hours, so 3 hours non-stop doing that.)

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Wow small world. xD

I just did them for my drawing class as well yesterday. My professor timed us on it and gave us items. And we'd do a new drawing every half-hour. We had to draw the item and the class room (including people) without looking or lifting a pencil. We could do a quick glance after we drew for about a minute.

It was a lot of fun and she said I did an amazing job and that I improved so much by the end of the class (which is 3 hours, so 3 hours non-stop doing that.)
    Nice. My class is 4 1/2 hours and we pretty much did the same thing. We had to draw flowers for quite a bit, then the people across from us--that was a fun experience. Nothing like being stared at, LOL. After that, we drew people on the other side of us, then went on to drawing different objects around the class room. Finally, we had to draw this mountain of chairs and other random stuff that was in the classroom. All blind! LOL. Our homework for drawing class is all blind contour drawings too. All nine of them. >_<

Thanks

I wish I had homework to do for that class, I've just been practicing on my sketch book. :0 Same thing, I guess. xD Just not nearly as big, class room paper size needs to be 18x24.

Thanks

I wish I had homework to do for that class, I've just been practicing on my sketch book. :0 Same thing, I guess. xD Just not nearly as big, class room paper size needs to be 18x24.
    We use 18x24 for a few of our assignments. We also use 9x12 sketchbooks. I hear that most of our in class work is in our 18x24 newsprint pads though.

Thanks

We have to have drawing pads, not sketch pads.(even though they're cheaper). T_T
    Which I'm sad about. I have to buy a drawing pad since the sketch pad I have is too thin for the work the professor wants us to do.

Thanks

We have to have drawing pads, not sketch pads.(even though they're cheaper). T_T
    Which I'm sad about. I have to buy a drawing pad since the sketch pad I have is too thin for the work the professor wants us to do.
    What kind of drawing pads are we talkin' about? I know with the newsprint pads, they're really thin and the paper kinda sucks. But, because we do a lot of in-class artwork, we have to use newsprint because it's cheaper and has more paper.

+ Reply to Thread