+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Creative Withdrawls

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Creative Withdrawls

Lately, I've had this lack of inspiration.

It's been keeping me from all of my creative work/hobbies. I haven't really drawn anything in a while (excluding the 'Sonic the Hedgehog' decorations I made for my son's b-day party). I haven't written a song in ages; though, I've done quite a few covers recently. I try to write poetry/lyrics and I get writer's block at every attempt... Writing for my comics is becoming equally as frustrating.

The only artistic thing I've been doin' these last couple of months (consistantly) is photography. Just takin' random pics of the things around me. Clouds, trees, animals, babies, vehicles, buildings, etc...

I dunno what it is that's keeping me down, but I need to get my artistic groove back. It's driving me crazy! Usually, in hard times, I can find inspiration to create just about anything. I'm in kind of dark times right now; what with the lack of employment and lack of funds. So, I should--at the very least--be able to WRITE something! I mean... I've got plenty of time on my hands lately.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Creative Withdrawls

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Lately, I've had this lack of inspiration.

It's been keeping me from all of my creative work/hobbies. I haven't really drawn anything in a while (excluding the 'Sonic the Hedgehog' decorations I made for my son's b-day party). I haven't written a song in ages; though, I've done quite a few covers recently. I try to write poetry/lyrics and I get writer's block at every attempt... Writing for my comics is becoming equally as frustrating.

The only artistic thing I've been doin' these last couple of months (consistantly) is photography. Just takin' random pics of the things around me. Clouds, trees, animals, babies, vehicles, buildings, etc...

I dunno what it is that's keeping me down, but I need to get my artistic groove back. It's driving me crazy! Usually, in hard times, I can find inspiration to create just about anything. I'm in kind of dark times right now; what with the lack of employment and lack of funds. So, I should--at the very least--be able to WRITE something! I mean... I've got plenty of time on my hands lately.
    It's called depression, stress, and bottling your emotions. Let yourself feel some stuff for a while instead of avoiding the stress and depression (which is a good coping mechanism, but it is totally unhelpful in the pursuit of creativity.) And I'm sure it will come.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

+ Reply to Thread