+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Deadly Month of April

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

The Deadly Month of April

Fact: Did you know that the number four is considered somewhat unlucky in Japan? "Shi", the word for the number four is also the word for death in Japanese; which is why "Shi" is often replaced with "Yon" (which also means four). "Shigatsu" is the month of April in Japanese--which is the fourth month of the year. I dub April "Death month."

I have a bad feeling about the month of April...

Call me crazy, but it's true. I've been having these crazy ass dreams during the last five days of March and the first nine days of April. Some scary, some violent--others are both. I had a dream the other day that I was followed home and somehow these two guys got past the security door at my apartment complex. I get my door unlocked and before I can enter my home, I'm held at gunpoint. I woke up at that point. By the time I went back to sleep--hoping the dream would be a different one--I found myself in the same dream but being shot several times. That woke me back up quickly!

I think it's because my work schedule changed for this month.

Every Thursday, I work from 1pm to 9:45pm which sucks because, I hate traveling on foot or via bus past 9pm. I've been robbed/attacked way too many times (I carry a kick ass knife now because of which). I don't go out at night unless I'm traveling in a pair/group, or if I'm getting dropped off at my apartment building. I think I'm gonna cab home on Thursdays. My neighborhood isn't horrible, but I don't trust the night. Not to mention, I'm still techically in North Minneapolis (Brooklyn Center is half a block away and is a watered down Minneapolis). I have to bus through the neighborhoods that I got jumped/robbed in. Maybe I'm just reading too much in to my dreams.

Zen teachings say that when we dream, it's because our minds aren't calm/clear. Other friends and co-workers of mine tell me that the older you are, the more in tune with your instincts you are; which makes you worry more about survival--keeping yourself safe... No, alive. I'm at a fork in the road. The rational part of me says that it's no big deal, that I just need to calm myself and keep carrying my knife. But the irrational, "I'm not only learning by experience but over-reacting at the same time," defensive part of me says to be prepared for impending doom.

I suppose only time will tell me whether or not this month ends without a hitch.
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Apr 09, 2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: typographical error

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Deadly Month of April

.........all I can say is: Good luck this month. ^^;

... huh, I've always known about the whole number 4 thing, but I totally didn't consider that the month could be considered a death month.
    But I guess that makes sense...
    I don't really see it as a bad month though, since Abu n I's anniversary is this month.

But anywho, dreams can also occur when your brain has had very little activity.
    Dreams often happen when someone hasn't been using their mind as much - whether it be lazy days or the boring daily grind getting to them.
    ...now WHY that occurs is debated.

But I wouldn't exactly put off the idea that your mind isn't calm - as that's usually the case for bad/weird dreams... I know my constant stress from lack of Abu + worry over this year's anniversary has got me some pretty F***ED UP DREAMS.
    ... but at least the dreams are interesting.

Anyways, just keep calm - keep cool - and be ready to step into the ring if something bad happens. Don't let things get in your way for a good life.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^o^ aww~ but i like April~

anyways!

maybe you could try balancing out your bad dreams? like doing something nice for someone else? maybe that would ease the tension.
    also, you could try doing some stretches or fancy yoga before you go to sleep. that way there's a bigger gap between day time anxieties and night time anxieties, and so they don't get mixed up so quick.

^_^ and staying positive always helps! and telling the "rational" part of you brain to shut up might work too.

but don't do that too much, or you'll end up like me!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    .........all I can say is: Good luck this month. ^^;

... huh, I've always known about the whole number 4 thing, but I totally didn't consider that the month could be considered a death month.
    But I guess that makes sense...
    I don't really see it as a bad month though, since Abu n I's anniversary is this month.
    Well, I'm not sure if Japanese people consider the month of April to be a bad month, but it IS the fourth month of the year. So, it's kind of odd when I think about what could possibly happen this month. One hell of an odd coincidence. LOL.

So far this month, so good. Yet, there's a couple more weeks to go.

BTW, congrats your anniversary you two! When is it, or am I too late?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^o^ you're early, dun worry! it's the 26th~

+ Reply to Thread