+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragonball: Evolution

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragonball: Evolution

...was the worst movie EVER made!!! I've seen some bad movies, but DBE took the cake and puked on it!!

*edit: i'm not rushing out of the door, so I can finish my rant now. ^_^*

Horrible, horrible movie... I would much rather watch 2 girls 1 cup than watch that crap again, LOL. Watching a classic anime/manga series become butchered was like watching someone brutally murder your favorite pet. It was like being stabbed in the eye repeatedly. I felt like I should be jumping from a skyscraper in hopes of catching my eyelid on a nail. (OUCH!)

Don't get me wrong. I had fun making fun of the movie, but it was just SO HORRIBLE!! And to think that they lead you to believe there's gonna be a sequel at the end of the movie is scary. Why would you want to make a sequel to garbage??

The story was all screwed up. Oh, and Yamcha... That watered down, no talent Yamcha! He didn't fight at all during the entire movie, but he can shoot a bitch in the back? "Wolf Fang Pistol!" LMAO! Chi Chi was hot, though I was disappointed in the fact that there was no Ox King. One more thing: Why was there so much talk about AIR BENDING??? There was more talk of air bending in Dragonball: Evolution than in an episode of Avatar: The Last Air Bender!!

WHY DOES MASTER ROSHII LIVE IN THE HOOD???

Worst movie ever made...
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; May 08, 2009 at 05:06 AM.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dragonball: Evolution

OMG! I just found out that it's official! They're makin' a sequel to the steaming pile of dog sh*t that is the movie 'Dragonball: Evolution'!! I found a video that was talkin' about 'DBE' (it was aired before/during theatrical release of the movie) and the cast confirmed that they're signed on for a sequel!!! Possibly TWO!!!

WHY??? Why would you beat something that's dead?! Ugh... I'm gonna go and stab myself in the eyes--here's a link for those who'd like to join me in my disappointment:

YouTube - DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION SEQUEL?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I noticed something...
    To those who took offense to the movie, seeing it as a "DBZ movie", found the movie as a complete pile of shit.
    Yet those who saw the movie as just another Hollywood movie, saw the movie as "okay but realized that it wasn't trying to be DBZ, it just tacked on the name of the anime and the names of the characters - it had NOTHING to do with DBZ, so you can't really blame it for that. They just took the franchise name in order to sell tickets... because no one else would see the movie otherwise".

And it's quite consistent all around.
    The ones who saw it as a DBZ movie: 100% of the time they said it was AWFUL.
    The ones who saw it as a Hollywood movie: 100% of the time actually thought it was an okay movie with a DB name attached to it as a ticket-selling gimmick.

...and that's what worries me.
    What worries me is that Abu was looking forward to see the most awful movie in the world, but will be disappointed that it was an actually "okay" movie.
    And I'm worried that I REALLY didn't want to watch the movie because it'd be awful, and would be far more ashamed once I found out the movie "would be good enough to rent"...

Y'see Abu and I <3 DBZ...
    But as big fans of DBZ, we also respect it in all regards... and one of the regards you should always respect DBZ as is: There's no room for fandom. Fandom for DBZ always falls short because it's missing many aspects for fandom to exist, there's no dramas, no real pairings, and most times the characters don't say/do anything so ridiculous it require fandom in order for it not to be completely taboo. The only ones who look okay doing crazy fandom for DBZ are crazy sentai-fans, and redneck kids who love rock. Other people having fandom for it completely miss the point of DBZ... you're not supposed to take it seriously. You never should take it seriously, that's another regard for DBZ. If you did take it seriously, DBZ's nothing more than a sub-par anime - it can rarely compete with other shonen animes due to other shonen animes actually building real plots and have more sophisticated fight scenes. DBZ's awesome, that's all it should be. ...it's also quite sad for strong fandom in DBZ when the creator was/is quite tired of it. Ya' think Akira Toriyama wanted DBZ to last that long? Hell, by the time he was done, he didn't want to draw a single Goku or Saiyan picture ever again. There's a reason why DBGT was taken over by someone else. Akira refused to in every regard to continue the DB series. I think he'd prefer it if people saw it as just "awesome" and nothing more.
    -in that sense, DBZ's awesome. Nothing can ever top DBZ in raw awesomeness, a movie of it is a joke - and you shouldn't be picky as to storylines and characters - you should just see it as a joke of a movie and always regard it as such. The saddest part is, this movie isn't a joke, IN EVERY WAY the movie is just an okay movie - maybe something you let kids watch - but due to them wanting to get people to even watch a commercial of it - they had to tack a name on there that would get large amounts of people to watch it - strangely enough, they chose DragonBall... ...at this point the movie doesn't suck, it just deserves a very very affirming and true "raised eyebrow".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Soshi Kitai For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (May 09, 2009)

Thanks

I suppose you're right. Although I expected it to be a 'Dragonball' movie, I knew it wasn't gonna be as such before I even decided to see it. What truely bothers me is that nobody can ever make a movie based on an anime or a video game without butchering the plot. Granted, 'Dragonball' never really had any room for drama or a solid story outside of the whole, "I'll fight a strong guy, then when he's dead, I'll fight another strong guy," theme; the movie could've at the very least stuck to the original story.

I'm not really disappointed as a fan of the 'Dragonball' series, but as someone who'd commit suicide if my life's work was butchered to that extent. The writer was the same person who wrote some cheesy 'urban/black' flick called 'A Good Day to be Black and Sexy'. So, that furthers my disappointment. >_<

Had I never seen an episode of 'Dragonball', I'd probably give it the ol' raised eyebrow and say, "Eh, it was bad, but at least I got a laugh out of it." But seeing how I've seen every episode (except for the GT saga), all I can say is, "This is horrible! It's bad to the point that I can laugh at it, but if it were my work, I'd be pissed."

The thought of even watching a sequel to that trash is out of the question to me.

+ Reply to Thread