+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I have failed...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I have failed...

It's the worst kind of failure ever!

I was at Caribou earlier today, just sittin' back, drinkin' coffee and surfin' the net. Suddenly, the most beautiful girl approaches me. Light brown/caramel skin, perfect figure (I mean the works, nice EVERYTHING!), beautiful hair that hung past her shoulders and a smile that could stop time. Ask ChaosTempest; she was GORGEOUS!!

Anyway, she walks up and asks me to use my cell phone. Apparently she left her phone at home and she was supposed to meet someone at Caribou. After explaining how my Sidekick works, she makes her call and gives me the phone back. She smiles--OMG that smile!!--and thanks me ever so sweetly for the use of my phone.

Her friend shows up and they have a seat at the table about four feet away from the table ChaosTempest and I were sittin' at. I sat at Caribou for about three hours and she was there the entire time. Now when she was still standing near my table, I had every opportunity to ask her if I could treat her to some coffee--possibly obtain her phone number. I had the same opportunity several times while we were sitting there. But I didn't...

I froze... I told her she was welcome and it was no problem when she thanked me. But I couldn't go any further than that... Beautiful women intimidate me for some reason these days. I haven't been able to talk to women--outside of the ones I've known for a long time--since I had that rough break up with my last girlfriend. Y'know what I'm talkin' about: I wrote a plethera of poems about it back in 2007/2008.

I don't know why. All I could think of as I was walkin' home from Caribou with ChaosTempest is, "Damn! I f*cked up!! Why didn't I talk to her??" For hours after we got back to my place, all Tempest could say is how much I failed. To be quite honest, I do feel like it was the biggest failure in the history of fail. It was like--and I quote ChaosTempest when I say this--goin' to the Super Bowl and losing!

Why do I suck at talkin' to women? I feel like she could've been the one girl to take me out of this, "I don't wanna be in a relationship" funk... I mean, I was tempted to go back to Caribou just to see if she was still there. I even begged ChaosTempest to come with me, since he witnessed my first failure and wouldn't shut up about it, LOL.

AAARRRGH!!

I wish it was easier for me to talk to women other than, "I'd like a small coffee," or "Can I have cheese on that?" I realized today that I have self-esteem issues. Not in the sense that I have no confidence in myself in my daily activities, but talking to women is scary to me. ChaosTempest told me, "Even if she says 'no,' at least you tired," which is a very valid point. I guess I'm afraid of being rejected. I never was, but I realized that when I got left in my last relationship, it was the biggest form of rejection that I ever faced. It was like rejection and replacement in one.

Ever since then, I haven't been the same... Maybe, I'm destined to be alone after all...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I have failed...

So you would say she's Beyonce-esque?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Don't take it too seriously. That's only a normal reaction, gettin' nervous and all.
    Though you COULD have asked her to just leave her phone number on your Sidekick if she felt like it.
    Anyway, hindsight is easier than foresight, next time you'll succeed! You just have to visit that Caribou thing every day from now on, maybe you meet her again!
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Approaching ANYONE outside of casual relationships is hard for me. Thank goodness you don't have that problem. ...even people approaching me are turned away after a few sentences.

Sorry 'bout your loss though. I'm sure you'll do better (or WORSE O_O) next time, but at least it's something other than nothing~

Just don't be too awkward for them, women are known to attack or run at sudden movements.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    So you would say she's Beyonce-esque?
    I'd say she's comparable. I personally think she could've scored higher on the hotness scale than Beyonce.

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    Don't take it too seriously. That's only a normal reaction, gettin' nervous and all.
    Though you COULD have asked her to just leave her phone number on your Sidekick if she felt like it.
    Anyway, hindsight is easier than foresight, next time you'll succeed! You just have to visit that Caribou thing every day from now on, maybe you meet her again!
    Funny thing: ChaosTempest said the same thing about having her leave her phone number on my Sidekick. I really wish I could get past the whole nervous/anxious part of talkin' to females. It's not that I can't talk to them per se; more like I can't ask anything of them that involves rejection. In this case, it would be a simple exchange of numbers or even offering to buy her coffee.

And thanks Soshi Kitai for the bit of advice. I'm pretty akward, naturally. So, that's one thing I worry about from time to time. So, no weird stuff, eh?
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Mar 24, 2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Soshi Kitai must've posted while I was posting. ^_^

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Funny thing: ChaosTempest said the same thing about having her leave her phone number on my Sidekick. I really wish I could get past the whole nervous/anxious part of talkin' to females. It's not that I can't talk to them per se; more like I can't ask anything of them that involves rejection. In this case, it would be a simple exchange of numbers or even offering to buy her coffee.
    It's all training, I guess. You know: learning by doing, you start off with asking for the MSN adress and work yourself up to the telephone number. Either one is good.
    But yeah, Soshi said it right: Better getting rejected than doing nothing. But again, it's easier said than done ...
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    It's all training, I guess. You know: learning by doing, you start off with asking for the MSN adress and work yourself up to the telephone number. Either one is good.
    But yeah, Soshi said it right: Better getting rejected than doing nothing. But again, it's easier said than done ...
    Yeah, I suppose so. And it's not like I've never had a GF before, I guess I never tried for one. Most of my relationships are from happenstance. A girl would realize she had feelings for me around the same time I had the same epiphany and we would just take off from there. I never really had to work on getting a girl to like me before and the whole fear of rejection thing is a new concept to me. I've never been afraid of rejection up until I finally got over my last GF.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Well girlfriends are one thing, beauties are another. So you shouldn't be too hard for yourself. Still I'm surprised, didn't know you were the type to chill at a coffee shop.

Anyways I know you have no problem with professional small talk so next time maybe start with that.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast