+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ignored Ideas

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Ignored Ideas

So, I always have these awesome ideas and never do anything about it...

Except the video blog! I'm still working on that. Just haven't filmed because I don't have a theme song. I do, however, have new editing software--making it two options at my disposal for that particular project.

Anyway, I keep having these awesome ideas and then they just sit there in my to-do pile. I gotta work on that. Portraits, writing, music... They've all been on the back burner lately. I can't tell if it's because of classes or just because I really am turning in to a bigger procrastinator than I already am. LOL.

One idea I've had for a while is to try my hand at spoken word. I love how people can write these phenomenal pieces and then get on stage and pour their hearts out while sounding so... what's the word I'm looking for... Real!

Like they believe the words they're sharing because they've lived them. I wanna at least do one attempt and see how it goes.

But I need to clear off my list of "awesome ideas" before I can do it, I suppose. ^_^ We'll see when I finish my drawing projects at the very least.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ignored Ideas

I really wish I could do spoken word. I can't public speak first off, second I can't write that type of poetry, that flows off the tongue so well. But oh how I wish I could.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

For me, one can never be a procrastinator of their own personal projects.
    One can only be a procrastinator of jobs and duties they don't want to deal with.

Instead of procrastinating, I call those who don't do their big piles of personal projects: "uninspired" or "unmotivated".

Is there something stopping you from getting these out there?
    A mental/emotional block that prevent you from finishing them?
    A problem with your current life that you can neither ignore but at the same time neither have the time to do?

Honestly, I had a big list of "To Do"s in my personal project pile for YEARS, but I never started until this year.
    And it was all because I was denying a piece of myself that I've been rejecting for too long.
    Without that out of the way, I couldn't find peace with myself to continue with my life. And hobbies are a part of my life.

Nowadays I'm juggling several personal projects at once and couldn't be happier.
    I hope you find yourself in this situation as well someday soon.

:3 And also: Spoken word?
    Ah, interesting! I've always known of it, but never saw myself doing it. I get the feelin' I'd get a lot out if I ever did that - but I've got other things I'm currently venting those thoughts and ideas out through. Good luck with that~! And be sure to speak from the heart and soul. Let your words and phrases stop and flow as hard and as soft as your essence is with the subjects that turn to words.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    I really wish I could do spoken word. I can't public speak first off, second I can't write that type of poetry, that flows off the tongue so well. But oh how I wish I could.
    ... *blinks and does a double take* Bratling's back on AO??? AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Is there something stopping you from getting these out there?
    A mental/emotional block that prevent you from finishing them?
    A problem with your current life that you can neither ignore but at the same time neither have the time to do?
    I was asking myself the same questions as I was posting my last journal entry. I gotta get better at actually asking those questions as I type, LOL.

At any rate, I really don't know, at this point, what is exactly in my way. I am somewhat productive. Just not as productive as I want to be or could be. The only thing in my way really is college. I live with my mom, so a shot to the pride may be part of it. LOL. I really didn't expect to move back in with her. I think it's mostly related to my crappy time management though. I try to squeeze in enough time for my friends and other activities like playing music with my brother or at church and spending time with my J-Frog.

Maybe it's something I should really think long and hard about--meditate on it.

Newbie Japxican may be famous one day Japxican may be famous one day Japxican's Avatar
    Here, there, anywhere...kinda like eating green eggs and ham.
    Thanks

I totally relate with you. Whenever I actually get free time (which isn't terribly often), I spend it surfing forums and doing email. Other times I simply space out. But I gotta tell ya, college takes a lot of mental power out of you. I'm working full time and trying to finish up a distance course, which I can barely concentrate on because I keep thinking about moving to Japan.

I think just setting aside a specific time to do it would help. For example, I used to never read my Bible and then I set aside some time to read a chapter a day and keep a prayer journal to keep me motivated. Sometimes, I really wasn't motivated to do it, but I kept at it anyway. Now it's a habit and I read my Bible and pray every night. The same thing happened with going to the gym. If you get into a routine, then it'll become instinct. Now I just have to focus on getting writing and drawing on my list of things to get in the habit of, even though some days I really suck at it and have no inspiration whatsoever.

+ Reply to Thread