+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oh, Yeah!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, Yeah!

I'm super happy because I had a meeting with the director of Neighborhood Hub--which is a non-profit organization that reaches out to members of the community I grew up in and offers assistance with finding health care, jobs, financial aid, et cetera--yesterday. Anyway, her and I had been in touch for a while. I had been pretty persistent with trying to arrange this meeting and we finally sat down and talked about how they had changed their name from Jordan New Life Hub to their current name and were looking for a designer to create a new logo for them. After about an hour of talking, getting to know each other and going over the history of their organization and their mission statement, she gave me a contract to create a new logo for them! YES!

I'd been looking for more business to do more freelance work while I'm in school and this is the perfect opportunity. When I sent her samples of my work a few weeks ago, I was nervous that the meeting wouldn't happen. I'm sure there are other designers who are more experienced than myself. But, she said she was really interested in my designs and things picked up from there. *dances around* I'm so happy, I could explode! This is the perfect opportunity for me. She even recommended me to another business owner who is specifically looking for a college student to do his logo because he doesn't want to go through a design team or pay ridiculous sums of money (I charge about $150 per logo). I'm stoked!

If things keep going like they are now, I may end up working for myself for the rest of my life (I'm being extremely optimistic right now). Anyway, wish me luck!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Oh, Yeah!

Good luck bro, hope ya get it. Don' get too worked up though, you need that energy for work, lol.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mage For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (May 04, 2011)

+ Reply to Thread