Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pancakes

3 50.00%
  • Waffles

2 33.33%
  • French Toast

1 16.67%
  • I don't care as long as there's plenty of butter and syrup!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random thoughts and questions.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Random thoughts and questions.

Have you ever felt like there's something you're forgetting to do, even though you've done everything on your 'to-do' list?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fighting games need to make a serious comeback. I thought that SF IV and KOF 12 would create some revolutionary spark that would make arcades the #1 hang out spot. Instead, we've got more people who'd rather stay home and play online than go outside, spend a few quarters and make some new friends and rivals (y'know, in person). I miss those days...

Nothin' like watchin' the guy who's got a ten win streak, while waiting in line--jingling a handful of quarters--thinking to yourself, "I can take that guy." I only get that at tournaments now and those are far and few between.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving out sucks. I hate packing! 'Nuff said.

Why don't we celebrate Shrove Tuesday? Sazzy tells me that there's a certain Tuesday in February (in the UK) that celebrates by eating pancakes! Ah, yes! Pancakes... *drools* I have this serious passion for pancakes. I love cooking them, eating them and cooking more! ^_^

French toast and waffles have nothing on the almighty pancake!

I got sick and now I can't smell anything. I have a problem pronouncing anything that ends in '-ing' or '-nt'. It comes out sounding like, "I got sick and now I cadd smell anythigg." I feel pretty okay, aside from the cough. It sucks that I can't speak or smell though.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Random thoughts and questions.

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Have you ever felt like there's something you're forgetting to do, even though you've done everything on your 'to-do' list?
    yup, almost all the time... I am a woman! I am supposed to be undecisive and always there is something "to do" :P

Fighting games need to make a serious comeback. I thought that SF IV and KOF 12 would create some revolutionary spark that would make arcades the #1 hang out spot. Instead, we've got more people who'd rather stay home and play online than go outside, spend a few quarters and make some new friends and rivals (y'know, in person). I miss those days...

Nothin' like watchin' the guy who's got a ten win streak, while waiting in line--jingling a handful of quarters--thinking to yourself, "I can take that guy." I only get that at tournaments now and those are far and few between.

Amen to that!!! Those were thegames I grew up with! they were tons of fun ^_^

HECK YEAH!!!!! i have moved all my life with my family. We are missionaries and we move a lot, a little stability wouldn't hurt

Why don't we celebrate Shrove Tuesday? Sazzy tells me that there's a certain Tuesday in February (in the UK) that celebrates by eating pancakes! Ah, yes! Pancakes... *drools* I have this serious passion for pancakes. I love cooking them, eating them and cooking more! ^_^

Because lots of us would gain about 40lbs only that day :P but thinking about it... it would be really nice! *drools*

I got sick and now I can't smell anything. I have a problem pronouncing anything that ends in '-ing' or '-nt'. It comes out sounding like, "I got sick and now I cadd smell anythigg." I feel pretty okay, aside from the cough. It sucks that I can't speak or smell though.
    poor thing! I hope you get better ^_~
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lebasiara For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Oct 14, 2009)

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Random thoughts and questions.

All the time... except for one thing: I ALWAYS remember what that thing was when it's TOO LATE.

It's hard to make a comeback when the arcade scene has gone dead.
    Blame online games, really.

Originally speaking, online games weren't a threat to arcades until playing games online got popular on home consoles.
    With having someone to ALWAYS play with, the idea of an arcade just became a novelty.
    ...what went even worse was when fighting game classics were remade and allowed to be played online. Giving people even more of a reason to refuse to spend quarters at an arcade.

Let's also not forget the indy-made fighting games spread throughout the internet. Obviously not as charming as an arcade system: Kids virgin to arcades would never even try to go in one because of these things.

Just know that most kids these days don't know the joys of competing in arcades... also one more thing: Most major arcades have closed, and a good number of old-schoolers refuse to return to the arcade scene in one of the "not so great" ones.
    ....there used to be this giant arcade near here..... it was fine until it switched managers... the manager was a crook. Would steal people's items when they weren't looking, and everytime they would try to get the man in trouble, he'd "miraculously find it on the ground" and return it. ... =_=
    People obviously stopped going there because of that low-life... and the awesome arcade closed for good. Bye bye, Pac Man Arcade.

I still go to arcades, but I'm not a Fighting-game fanatic as I often am a pushover to most players. .... I play air-hockey.

Air hockey, the one thing that keeps most arcades alive...

Fighting games, in order to make a comeback, would need exclusive contests with console-based prizes. If I ever make it big in the industry, I'll try to run that idea off to others. ......don't count on it though, you might jynx me.

But getting comfy in a new home is always nice~.

I like waffles and french toast.
    I like the crisp.

I do like pancakes though. They're amazingly delicious as snacks (just pick one up, roll it up, and save it for later XD).

Did the weather change suddenly there too?
    It changed suddenly here.

My fingers gave off a strange reaction before it suddenly turned cold the next day: They started itching, and strange bite marks appeared on them (except the marks were INSIDE the skin).

I sucked on the itchiest finger (the pinky) and it stopped the itching instantly ---but now the marks won't leave my pinky. I think it's a permanent thing now. It's ugly, but oh well, it's just the pinky.

Fingers are feeling fine now, though.
    Still an ugly pinky.

Hope you get better soon.

+ Reply to Thread