+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Swearing

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Swearing

Yup. I swear... A LOT!

I can't help it sometimes. I try not to for the most part, but somethin' takes a hold of me and I turn in to a friggin' sailor, LOL.

I hate when I'm hangin' out with people who have kids because I have to watch my tounge, which I'm definitely no good at. My 2 year old god-son likes to repeat and will do so at the drop of a dime. "WTF?" I've heard him say that thousands of times, LOL.

My son used to run around the house sayin', "Oh s***," whenever something was amiss. (He was about two back then) When I go to work, we cuss like the world will blow up due to lack of profanity during our morning meetings, but when I go do my demo appointments, it becomes hard not to say somethin' profane. >_<

I suppose that's what I get for hangin' out with potty-mouths, LOL.

Anybody here have a problem with swearing? (@aceman: my bad, i didn't think i swore that much in my last thread. )

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Re: Swearing

Nope, I have no problem with it. I also tend to do it quite often.
    Although it's not really necessary on a forum.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really have a problem with swearing, per se. It's rather a problem controlling how much of it comes out of my mouth, or, in this case, my fingers. LOL.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Well, I'm re-reading what I write, so normally, I can at least clean up my post before really submitting it.
    Not so easy when talking though.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Thanks

True. I guess I need to take more time to proofread what I post.

I guess my main issue is that I can't tell myself the difference between typing, writing and talking. It's usually all the same to me. Once I'm in the zone, there's no stopping what I say/write until it's done.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i like to cuss cuz it makes things funny, but i'm pretty good at keeping it on the DL around children.

Had a lot of practice too, cuz i'm a yard lady for first graders~

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Cussin's coo with me as long as people don't do it for the sake of being "cool" or "grown-up". ...because then they're just wannabes.

I used to be one of those people that always lectured "Cussing just means you don't have a good vocabulary, that you can't be creative enough with your words in order to express yourself in a satisfying way."

...and then I learned about cussing creatively, "the art of cussing", if you will. They might as well write a book on it with histories dating back to early sailors, medieval archers, and angry dads trying to work broken TVs. The "history" of cussing is quite interesting, actually...
    If people find cussing barbaric and uncreative, then either they're not hearing good cussing, or they don't seem to grasp the idea of the english language. ...which, I should say started barbaric - but as time went on and as it was given rules, it started sounding uncreative.

Ah... old English, ne'er a rule to be found, and words had different meanings because no one knew how to use 'em properly. Now it just sounds plain and boring.
    Cussin's still a great branch of it though, as it spices up conversations and expressions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    i like to cuss cuz it makes things funny, but i'm pretty good at keeping it on the DL around children.

Had a lot of practice too, cuz i'm a yard lady for first graders~
    When I worked as an Educational Assistant a few years back, I could keep my mouth in check. I don't know what happened between then and now, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Cussin's coo with me as long as people don't do it for the sake of being "cool" or "grown-up". ...because then they're just wannabes.

I used to be one of those people that always lectured "Cussing just means you don't have a good vocabulary, that you can't be creative enough with your words in order to express yourself in a satisfying way."

...and then I learned about cussing creatively, "the art of cussing", if you will. They might as well write a book on it with histories dating back to early sailors, medieval archers, and angry dads trying to work broken TVs. The "history" of cussing is quite interesting, actually...
    If people find cussing barbaric and uncreative, then either they're not hearing good cussing, or they don't seem to grasp the idea of the english language. ...which, I should say started barbaric - but as time went on and as it was given rules, it started sounding uncreative.

Ah... old English, ne'er a rule to be found, and words had different meanings because no one knew how to use 'em properly. Now it just sounds plain and boring.
    Cussin's still a great branch of it though, as it spices up conversations and expressions.
    LOL, I used to be lectured in the same exact manner. "How will people know how smart you are when ever other word is, "F'ing this and F'ing that"?

I know a couple people who cuss like there's no tomorrow, but they make it seem so eloquent. A buddy of mine, who I write music with from time to time, likes to be very vulgar in a few of his songs. When he plays those songs, I find myself very entertained by how well he can combine his vulgarity with this massive vocabulary of words I've never heard before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast