+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Writer's Block is a Pain!

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Writer's Block is a Pain!

I take the Nike approach, and just do it. Writing anything will usually bring several other things to my mind, and from there I just sort of go off as though I was rambling in a conversation. Writing about any simple throwaway topic could remind you of something that happened to you personally, or prompt you to delve further into the root of why you feel the way you feel about said topic. As long as you allow yourself to start somewhere without disregarding anything as unworthy to be written, you can allow yourself to deviate and expand on whatever comes to mind as you go along, until I suppose something hits you that you wanna focus in on. Think less, write more, then think about what it is you ended up writing, and write even more lol.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    I take the Nike approach, and just do it. Writing anything will usually bring several other things to my mind, and from there I just sort of go off as though I was rambling in a conversation. Writing about any simple throwaway topic could remind you of something that happened to you personally, or prompt you to delve further into the root of why you feel the way you feel about said topic. As long as you allow yourself to start somewhere without disregarding anything as unworthy to be written, you can allow yourself to deviate and expand on whatever comes to mind as you go along, until I suppose something hits you that you wanna focus in on. Think less, write more, then think about what it is you ended up writing, and write even more lol.
    Great idea, Mega!!

I used to do the same thing actually. However, these days, I've been tryin' to write something a bit different than what I usually write. So, I've been putting thought in to it. Apparently, it's not working. LOL.

Time to dust off the ol' Nikes. ^_^

Otaku Fling The Candidate Champion thefallenangel is off to a good start thefallenangel's Avatar
    Thanks

i just keep on wrighting even if its randome or sucks big time. then after the block is gone i go over what i wrote and see if i can get any thing out of it. if that dosnt work i just doddle or draw!

Love looks with not the eyes, but with the mind.
    (midsummer night dream)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thefallenangel View Post
    i just keep on wrighting even if its randome or sucks big time. then after the block is gone i go over what i wrote and see if i can get any thing out of it. if that dosnt work i just doddle or draw!
    Kinda like putting a word puzzle together, eh? I like it. ^_^

Drawing isn't the hard part for me. I can always think of somethin' to draw. Having a story to back it up is difficult or even poetry. I was on a writing frenzy a couple/few years back. I think I may have burned myself out though. I can write the occasional song here and there, these days, but that's about it. I'm gonna try to stick with writing my comic books eventually, but I look at poetry and short stories as a warm up for the big game. Know what I mean?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post

What do all my fellow writers do when you get writer's block? Any advice would be super helpful.
    I am SO late in replying to this post, but whatever D: :
    I listen to music I haven't heard in YEARS.

It always get my inspiration fluid running.
    ....................... it also makes me emotional and nostalgic, but hey that can be useful for inspiration.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2