+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A man could dream (if I was the owner), Part 1

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

A man could dream (if I was the owner), Part 1

I should be studying for the finals, but I rather not studying while enjoying my Ovaltine so I'll write for a bit. Here are the changes I would make:

1) Signature size. I have seen the argument from both sides and honestly, going for a small sig is straight up retarded. Capping dimensions and file size serves very little purpose. Yes it will create longer load times, but with all due respect to those that still has 56k, the rest of the internet has sites that no longer really work with 56k. Yet we are still stuck trying to satisfy the few.

2) The site's color scheme. Enough said.

3) Loosen up the rules. This is a forum not boot camp (at least the last time I checked). The military type discipline and rules have no place on this site. To be more specific, the intro section will once again have a setting of "yes" when it comes to increasing post count, and will be lenient to "off topic" chatting. Half of the fun back then was welcoming people and the regulars that welcome people (siao pao anyone?).

Infractions and warnings however would remain.

4) The graphics aspect of the site. Wallpapers, and artwork was a big player that made this site great. We need to return to our roots and put the needed emphasis on it. The gallery mods will be exclusively focused on the gallery (and will have no power on the forums). I want them to find out the good contributors, make sure images are tagged, etc. Good contributors should get community member status after an amount of contributions much like a forum member would.

Along with our own contests we would reach out to other forum sites to do cross-forum competitions.
    ----------------------------------

Well, this is the end of part 1. Don't get me wrong, by no means am I one of those who want to "bring back the old days." I am one of the few who said I hated the old staff and their their conceited ways. Compare to today's staff members we have it really good. There were a lot of good from that era, but there were a lot more good they could have done but did not grab the opportunity when members suggested it.

Hopefully you were entertained while reading this, and I will have more coming soon.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A man could dream (if I was the owner), Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    2) The site's color scheme. Enough said.
    that'd be a first priority for me. :

I can also agree with the boot camp comment, though i've also seen some anime forum's in the past thrive(as far as sticking to their content) without have some type of Off Topic/Chat thingy.

As far as the gallery mods are concerned, i've recently started commenting of most sigs, and fanart works more frequently and just by doing that, i get the impression it would encourage some activity(also doing my job cleaning/moving/renaming etc., ).i could care less about forum power anymore., i rarely to never use it because of the boot camp reign, most things are already dealt with. there's no real need for the power but that would mean the reg.mods would give up their powers on the gallery too)

i was never part of the "old days" and quite fed-up hearing about it too.The only good part of the time when i joined was the amount of graphics activists and decent people to converse with.

I wouldn't mind seeing this place ease up and pull through on things promised already, shall i join your conquest?

One thing i would have changed is....start releasing unlicensed anime via an AO Fansub? haha
    oh and pay the staff XD

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing this place ease up and pull through on things promised already, shall i join your conquest?

One thing i would have changed is....start releasing unlicensed anime via an AO Fansub? haha
    oh and pay the staff XD
    Hey, my thoughts exactly. We could be like the people who fight for member's rights like the unions. we'll technically be kings but not really...:P no just kidding

The staff pay thing was actually going to be in part two. Thanks for stealing my thunder Johnny Damon.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm all for changing the color scheme, as long as its not eye searing bright colors.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I'm all for changing the color scheme, as long as its not eye searing bright colors.
    be nice if we could get our hands on multiple skins so all a member has to do is use a preferred one.

+ Reply to Thread