Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 9

Thread: AnimeOnline Chat?

  1. #1
    Newbie Princess Rain may be famous one day Princess Rain may be famous one day Princess Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    AnimeOnline Chat?

    Has AO ever had a chatroom installed? If the answer is no,why not? I can almost predict that there'd be a lot of spamming and chaos, but that could always be taken care of with a few good 'chat admins.' On the dark side, a chat could distract many users from the forum and make them less interested in posting, but at the same time we could have fast paced conversations live. Maybe you could have a certain required number of posts to join the chat or use it as a reward feature?

    Just a thought.. and a question

  2. #2
    of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    2,172
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: AnimeOnline Chat?

    Once upon a time... A week ago or so... We once had a Chat Forum. We had a Chat Forum for about two or three months. I can't really remember. I wasn't that active at the time and I missed out on things, but yeah... We once had a Chat Forum, but now, there is no more. And I couldn't be any more happier now that it's gone. Good times, good times. The spamfest is over. Huzzah!
    I love my girlfriend.

  3. #3
    Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    in the ally taggin ur buildings
    Posts
    285
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: AnimeOnline Chat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    Once upon a time... A week ago or so... We once had a Chat Forum. We had a Chat Forum for about two or three months. I can't really remember. I wasn't that active at the time and I missed out on things, but yeah... We once had a Chat Forum, but now, there is no more. And I couldn't be any more happier now that it's gone. Good times, good times. The spamfest is over. Huzzah!
    what innerhell said and I also agree that it was just spam and was an easy way for post count to go up I now cause what he said that it was for the best and now people will actually have to try to get point
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

  4. #4
    Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Posts
    3,118
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 70 Times in 64 Posts

    Re: AnimeOnline Chat?

    i like this new way myself though i am gulty of posting alot on those threads i like how the system works now it makes it harder to spam and the topics are more about anime that love htreads or do you like me or hate me threads.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

  5. #5
    Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Radford VA
    Posts
    2,528
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: AnimeOnline Chat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper66 View Post
    what innerhell said and I also agree that it was just spam and was an easy way for post count to go up I now cause what he said that it was for the best and now people will actually have to try to get point
    Well the good thing about them forums no post count went up just the main board post count. no members post count incresed in the forum if that ws the case I am sure allot of members would be top poster by now besides Hassun

  6. #6
    Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,172
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts

    Re: AnimeOnline Chat?

    chat rooms suck, if you want to talk to someone so bad here, PM them or get their messenger. There are better places to chat, I say.

  7. #7
    Otaku alukard_kamui89 may be famous one day alukard_kamui89 may be famous one day alukard_kamui89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: AnimeOnline Chat?

    imo i miss the chat forums.... i don't see the people i used to talk on there anymore... it makes a tear drop form....
    sig made for the SOTW comp. week of march 31.

  8. #8
    Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where the clowns can see you now..
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: AnimeOnline Chat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rain View Post
    Has AO ever had a chatroom installed? If the answer is no,why not? I can almost predict that there'd be a lot of spamming and chaos, but that could always be taken care of with a few good 'chat admins.' On the dark side, a chat could distract many users from the forum and make them less interested in posting, but at the same time we could have fast paced conversations live. Maybe you could have a certain required number of posts to join the chat or use it as a reward feature?

    Just a thought.. and a question
    I believe jaderabbit had said in another topic (I think it's been archived by now) that there was an chat at AO a long time ago and it failed, but the staff was thinking of adding one when we hit 500,000 posts.

    I'm not sure if that's still the plan but I do like the idea of having to have requirements to get those kind of rewards (kind of like that new skin thing). Another forum I go to requires a set amount of posts in specific areas to get things like that and it's worked quite well
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Konnichiwa to all on Animeonline
    By Shichiya in forum Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2006, 02:11 AM
  2. Clan Chat
    By Chiefblackhammer in forum Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 01, 2006, 08:11 PM
  3. Not what i meant( Animeonline could be better how? )
    By Rook in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2005, 06:16 PM
  4. Other forum skin change ideas :)
    By sedka in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jun 17, 2005, 08:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts