Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AnimeOnline Chat?

Newbie Princess Rain may be famous one day Princess Rain may be famous one day Princess Rain's Avatar
    Thanks

AnimeOnline Chat?

Has AO ever had a chatroom installed? If the answer is no,why not? I can almost predict that there'd be a lot of spamming and chaos, but that could always be taken care of with a few good 'chat admins.' On the dark side, a chat could distract many users from the forum and make them less interested in posting, but at the same time we could have fast paced conversations live. Maybe you could have a certain required number of posts to join the chat or use it as a reward feature?

Just a thought.. and a question

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AnimeOnline Chat?

Once upon a time... A week ago or so... We once had a Chat Forum. We had a Chat Forum for about two or three months. I can't really remember. I wasn't that active at the time and I missed out on things, but yeah... We once had a Chat Forum, but now, there is no more. And I couldn't be any more happier now that it's gone. Good times, good times. The spamfest is over. Huzzah!
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66 may be famous one day Reaper66's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    Once upon a time... A week ago or so... We once had a Chat Forum. We had a Chat Forum for about two or three months. I can't really remember. I wasn't that active at the time and I missed out on things, but yeah... We once had a Chat Forum, but now, there is no more. And I couldn't be any more happier now that it's gone. Good times, good times. The spamfest is over. Huzzah!
    what innerhell said and I also agree that it was just spam and was an easy way for post count to go up I now cause what he said that it was for the best and now people will actually have to try to get point
    (-)4(|< 7(-)3 P14|\|37

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i like this new way myself though i am gulty of posting alot on those threads i like how the system works now it makes it harder to spam and the topics are more about anime that love htreads or do you like me or hate me threads.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper66 View Post
    what innerhell said and I also agree that it was just spam and was an easy way for post count to go up I now cause what he said that it was for the best and now people will actually have to try to get point
    Well the good thing about them forums no post count went up just the main board post count. no members post count incresed in the forum if that ws the case I am sure allot of members would be top poster by now besides Hassun

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

chat rooms suck, if you want to talk to someone so bad here, PM them or get their messenger. There are better places to chat, I say.

Otaku alukard_kamui89 may be famous one day alukard_kamui89 may be famous one day alukard_kamui89's Avatar
    Thanks

imo i miss the chat forums.... i don't see the people i used to talk on there anymore... it makes a tear drop form....
    sig made for the SOTW comp. week of march 31.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rain View Post
    Has AO ever had a chatroom installed? If the answer is no,why not? I can almost predict that there'd be a lot of spamming and chaos, but that could always be taken care of with a few good 'chat admins.' On the dark side, a chat could distract many users from the forum and make them less interested in posting, but at the same time we could have fast paced conversations live. Maybe you could have a certain required number of posts to join the chat or use it as a reward feature?

Just a thought.. and a question
    I believe jaderabbit had said in another topic (I think it's been archived by now) that there was an chat at AO a long time ago and it failed, but the staff was thinking of adding one when we hit 500,000 posts.

I'm not sure if that's still the plan but I do like the idea of having to have requirements to get those kind of rewards (kind of like that new skin thing). Another forum I go to requires a set amount of posts in specific areas to get things like that and it's worked quite well
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast