+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another question for members - re: Contests / Prizes

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Another question for members - re: Contests / Prizes

Got another question for you folks of AO. I've noticed that those of you who participate in the contests often say no to receiving a prize. I would like to hear your thoughts on why. Which of one these concerns are yours?

Possibility #1:

Are you afraid to give out your address?

If so, if we can find a way to get the vendor to send you the prize without you know our information and vice-versa, would you be more willing to accept the prizes?

Possibility #2:

Are the prizes not go enough for you?

If so, what kind of prizes and/or rewards would get you to participate?

Possibility #3:

Are you afraid that you might look greedy?

Possibility #4:

Is it because that we only have contest for poems and gfx which doesn't really give you a chance?

What kind of contest would you like to see then? If there is a contest that might require a bit more work but is something within your ability would you do it?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Another question for members

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Yes and no. I don't do much online buying in the first place, so naturally I'm paranoid, plus I have other people at this household who wouldn't appreciate 'randoms' on the net having our address, however, if I was desperate for the prize I sure would XD.

for some, a vendor would be good I think

They are good enough for me, the problem though, due to my still little knowledge of anime, I usually don't know the anime of the prize that's been given away. But that's just me

nope XD

Is it because that we only have contest for poems and gfx which doesn't really give you a chance?
    What kind of contest would you like to see then? If there is a contest that might require a bit more work but is something within your ability would you do it?
    I love joining in gfx contests. But I do think we need competitions other than gfx and poems prehaps to even it out for those members who don't do either. What though, I don't know. But I'm happy to do a bit more work for a contest

Prehaps we could have a member feature - showcase members who have been regularly posting and being active in the community generally over a certain time (maybe a month or so). It might help to show that members are appreciated or encourage people to post and make threads

That being said maybe we could do that with the gfx and poem section, those who have shown the most impovement or favourite piece by popular posts idk, just a random thought ( then again we already showcase poem winners and WOTF and SOTW winners...)

I think some one suggested it in the other survey thread, but what about AO awards? I think I remember last time it didn't do to well. I would love to see it take of, prehaps help make us feel more like a community or whatever, but judging by how it went last time I dont know if it would. Maybe with incentives from the credits? Or maybe those who do participate go into a draw to when something?

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

None of them. It dosen't really bother me to give my po box out. It's the only way I can get mail. As far as the prizes not being good enough, that's also not an issue. Anything would make me happy, but I'm not in it for the prizes. I'm in it because I want to be and I think competition is fun. So if you insist on something like that then I'll be more than willing to do it, but even if it stays the way it is now I'll still compete.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

If so, if we can find a way to get the vendor to send you the prize without you know our information and vice-versa, would you be more willing to accept the prizes?
    personally i'm not so afraid of giving my address out to the admin. i'm not so sure about moderators since thats an electoral thing. but since the admin has paid for the site and all i'm more comfortable with handling information like that.

but to be honest giving ur own personal details wont do much, cause we have to assume that ur details is correct. which is pretty much the same as trusting u wont do anything with our details.

the prizes are good enough for me. but sometimes it can be hard to know when there is a competition involving prizes. since its a sub forum in the announcements section it can sometimes (well this has happen to me) get over looked.
    are u talking about just winning one prize or trying to take the entire loot?

anyway i don't really care. since most ppl don't enter the prizes are just goin to go to waste. so i might as well take them off ur hands.

i think DB tried to cover this with the current contest. with people creating and posting in threads. which i think is a good idea. maybe we can tried something in the review section if there isn't anything already.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Possibility #1:

Possibility #2:

Possibility #3:

Possibility #4:

1) Depends... what did I win

2) I'm not much into DVDs and wallscrolls... maybe some paypal cash?

3) Never I am stingy and greedy and I pride myself also.

4) No I am very lazy and sometimes procrastinate to much ^_^

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Got another question for you folks of AO. I've noticed that those of you who participate in the contests often say no to receiving a prize. I would like to hear your thoughts on why. Which of one these concerns are yours?
    Maybe because I've never won anything? Still to help you in this social questionarrie. I'll answer on these immmagining that I could win.

Possibility #1:

No, it would be no problem if I'd have to give my adress to a mod, I trust you guys

Possibility #2:

Prices are ok for me. I'm ok with no prices at all but it's just better if I get a prize!!!

Possibility #3:

Yea, with me it really could be. But I wouldn't fight, I didn't know someone has said no to a prize... hmm...

Possibility #4:

Eh, even knowing that I have no chance of winning I participate, if I have the time and if my computer doesn't break down just after I've made a render or put on an animation (yes, it has happened ~.~)

But I know there are people who aren't very creative. Quizes are a good chance for them, like those Len posted, I don't know how much people participated though, I was away ~.~

Tsuara's gallery competition was good too ^^ Not only could anyone take part, but it also made the gallery come to live.

Oh and has the science thing by Ray died off? I think it has. That was very cool, i don't know how you could make it into a competition though. In a quiz way I guess. Can't know if we have that much "smart people" but you could try.

Also, I remember Nick made a riddle thread, that was VERY fun ^^ I understand that would be almost impossible to make into a competition.

Best threads? Best poems in the Poem section? Best fan fics in the Fan Fic section? Best immages in the Gallery? These could take a lot of time but few by few, taking only the most visited threads or pictures and putting them under poll you could work it out. Or just one every month about the previous month.

Lol ^^ I'm just throwing around ideas :P

Hope that was of some use or something

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

ok well i go by them all

db was gonna send me somthing for bein the only one that did wotf one time and i didnt take it cos i DONT give out my address on ANYONE even it is the most trused person in the world

and also cos my mum and dad would KILL me if they even knew i was on forms doin things well my mum knows my dad dont im verymuch worned on not giving it out and never will i on less i deffently know whats going on and i may some time know and might want the prize i still wont be giving it out untill im older and have moved out XD lol....but thats why i dont

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Possibility #1:

if it's to a mod, then no.

Possibility #2:

the prizes are cool, but i don't know the anime where they're usually from, so it's tougher for me to work for it. however, having prizes has a negative effect on me... i don't want to work for something just to get a prize, i'd like my participation to come from my heart.

Possibility #3:

not look greedy... it's more of a self "shouldn't you be doing this in the first place?" kind of mental thing.

Possibility #4:

personally, i don't feel people are here to participate in contests... i feel that they're here to talk about anime for a couple months, and then forget about it. it seems to me that people stay when they have solid friendships, not so much if the site is cool. so, maybe more of a meet and greet type deal? something that would get people talking to each other, instead of competing against each other. once they have a friend base, then they'll take interests in contests and stuff like that. but again, just my opinion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast