+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another question for members - re: Contests / Prizes

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Another question for members

Some of you did not fully answer question 1. I want to know if members would change their minds if we could work something out with a vendor like an online store that is more well known. Truth is, I am a bit weary myself about having my address and possibly credit card number on the shipping slip of the prize.

So if there's a way I can tell the vendor I'm ordering this for so and so, and so and so is going to have an e-mail or code to identify he or she is the receipient, would that make a difference to you guys. I will never see your info, and you will never see mine.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that would make parents feel better, but as far as forum goers, i think they trust the mods here enough to give their address.

^_^ but i think the vendor thing would help a lot to make it feel more legitamate~!

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

It sounds like a good plan to me if the mods don't want to deal with it. If it's worth the time and effort to put into place then I say go for it. But like I said before it doesn't matter either way to me.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Possibility #1:

Are you afraid to give out your address?

If so, if we can find a way to get the vendor to send you the prize without you know our information and vice-versa, would you be more willing to accept the prizes?
    Not really...depends on the source and to whom I give the info out to. But I have no probs with the AO staff. Although I would feel slightly more comfortable getting stuff from the vendors directly. It works either way for me. But if I had to choose one than definitely the vendor, just safer that way.

To add I'm sure that the younger members would have problems giving out their address due to their parents. Parents would feel better about giving that info to the vendors than an unknown individual on the net. :P

Possibility #2:

Are the prizes not go enough for you?

If so, what kind of prizes and/or rewards would get you to participate?
    Depends. Like the recent comment drive that tsurara-san started for the gallery I worked hard and commented for the Al Azif figure. I'd say its all up to personal preferences here.

Possibility #3:

Are you afraid that you might look greedy?
    F*** no. We're human, we're naturally greedy. LOLs

Possibility #4:

Is it because that we only have contest for poems and gfx which doesn't really give you a chance?

What kind of contest would you like to see then? If there is a contest that might require a bit more work but is something within your ability would you do it?
    That hasnt stopped me from entering almost all of the SOTW and WOTF even though theres no prize involved at all. LOLs

I must say that more contests could be fun though. No specifics in mind though, sorry. ^^;
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Another question for members - re: Contests / Prizes

I'm not afraid to give out my address...I've already given it to tsurara for winning the prize for the Gallery Contest. Though that is something that shouldn't be given out...but if you trust the person enough then that's not going to stop people from doing it. Some thinks it makes them look greedy but they have to realize if they didn't want the prize why did they enter in the first place?
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Another question for members - re: Contests / Prizes

I think this whole thread is summed up nicely by Abu Dhabi,

personally, i don't feel people are here to participate in contests... i feel that they're here to talk about anime for a couple months, and then forget about it. it seems to me that people stay when they have solid friendships, not so much if the site is cool. so, maybe more of a meet and greet type deal? something that would get people talking to each other, instead of competing against each other. once they have a friend base, then they'll take interests in contests and stuff like that. but again, just my opinion
    People come to AO for friendship and to hang out in a cool community. Prizes should not be the primary tool to keep members posting. Members should want to post and grow AO because they want to from their heart. The SOTW gets many entries every week and yet there are no physical prizes involved.

So we all need to work together as a "family", create friendships and help each other out where possible. Some, I take that back, MANY of the best forums on the net do not have comps involving prizes for members.

I think we need to shift to such a community.

The User Rank images contest was very popular and so were the banners created at the top of each page months ago. These contests were popular as it allowed members to mold a community that they wanted. Good news is that we will have another Banner images contest to re-brand AO for 2008. I will post this shortly. Time to see new banners rotated at the top of each page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2