+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AO items you can buy?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: AO items you can where places?

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    He Means "AO items you can Wear." I think that is what he is trying to say.
    thats what i meant but that other tittle would
    work but thats the title i want though
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AO items you can where places?

If you're all so eager to help, you should post more original interesting material in the forums and galleries, drag your friends here, add Animeonline to the links sections of other sites, etc

I think the advertisements/ZOINTS partnership keeps the site paid for as it is.

Spell-checking your posts and signatures before you post them would also be wonderful.

Otaku DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AO items you can buy?

I think this is a great Idea!!! I would love to have an AO t-shirt I dont care how much it costs I would get one. also, it would be a great way to advertise AO. shirts are one of the best ways to advertise

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

As I recall there used to be talk about such things when...lets see, I believe it was jaderabbit, was around. I think that the original mascot contest was for that reason, putting it on cups, t-shirts, etc. and creating, selling AO merchandise.

It'd be great for use as prizes for the contests, events we have here at AO. I believe that we'd get more entries in such things as SOTW, WOTF, AMV contest, etc. if we actually get a material prize. (Yes, I do know that on occasions that such things as credit for shopping sites are given out as well)

...I'd really like to see something like that happen...but honestly, I'd like something more than the words "Anime Online" on my stuff too.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Let me add it to my list of things to do. We could setup a store at CafePress.com : Create, Buy and Sell Unique Gifts, Custom T-Shirts and More which makes it easy to design stuff.

Giving away material prizes costs money though, and unfortunately AO doesn't really have much left over funds at the end of each month.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Giving away material prizes costs money though, and unfortunately AO doesn't really have much left over funds at the end of each month.
    If you do want to have contests with material prizes, there's an easy way to work this all out rather cheaply...

Magazine inserts are cool, cheap and can be shipped to the US for a rather low cost as they count as "insatsubutsu".

Someone covers my own site hosting for next year (the bill comes due in March and is just shy of $300): I buy $200 worth of magazines (that's a year's worth of any two of the big three you want, scan the contents for the gallery and bundle the inserts (posters, fans, pins, cards) together to send to someone in the US who can then be in charge of doling them out for contest prizes.

I've already got a big stack started and God knows I have no use for this stuff ^^;

I'm going to cool down on the scanning once I hit 1,000... but if someone's covering the subscription, I'm willing to keep buying new magazines as they come out (once a month).

$5 x 12 = $60 a year of NEWTYPE
    $4 x 12 = $48 a year of ANIMAGE
    $4 x 12 = $48 a year of ANIMEDIA

OR you can sell the prizes on ebay and promote those auctions through AO as fundraisers.

I did a bit of a magazine prize resale racket in college and made some good money :P

Just a thought.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

The only way it'll work for DB is if the members pay up first before we print anything at all. As you all know, if you tell a printing company to print you 3 or 4 cups, they'll probably laugh in your face. With the current state of the forum, I doubt we can generate enough to pull that off.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2