Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AO...a little boring..??

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AO...a little boring..??

Hey I like that idea (about rewarding members somehow)... I would only be a little worried that it might end up being a popularity thing? It would suck for any worthy members to end up being isolated. I do think though, that rewarding members for any outstanding contributions is awesome. Y'know, something a little more than increased post counts or credit points. And member status loses its luster (just a tiny bit) once your a veteran (unless you're fortunate enough to become staff lol).
    ... Not Ever Again...

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I've always enjoyed the site for what it is, going back to Gaia...I didn't last longer than a few months there simply because it was too much. I pretty much restricted myself to a few certain areas, but that got even more boring after a while. What I like here is that even if there's only say, 150-200 new ones when I check, there's always something I could relate to and hopefully give an opinion to. That's also something I like: The discussion topics and the like are among the best I know and I love see other people's opinions on certain topics/issues. So yeah. Boring? Possibly. Organized? Definitely. Still fun? Yup. ^_^
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

I think he meant making a contest or doing something new, not necessarily spam threads.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if you guys have any fun ideas we (staff) are more than ready to listen so just make your thoughts known, and see what we can do about implementing them.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I think the other reason you were looking for Artistic was boards being too Spammy. Look at the Gaia Online forum, I was way too much for me even back when Gaia was first brought out and there was 10,000 members online, and now, well, I'm surprised my friends can take it.
    That's true, most forums do allow lots of spam that's why there's constant traffic on them. The problem is people on sites like that can spam, curse, bash, flame or whatever and it would be too hard to track seeing as how much activity they receive.

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

well,i think variety of contest will do...but,like some of you said that a whole participation by the already user is needed...has it point,then, i have to work hard...
    but,like already contest such as poem contest and sig. contest...not all of them can participate maybe because they not really good at these things...so,should we add more contest...?

Newbie sanuramo may be famous one day sanuramo may be famous one day sanuramo's Avatar
    Thanks

i remember several years ago there was a spam section and there were games! there was this army game where you build up an army and attack other members but several things changed and then i left. but i see now that things have changed again and i decided to give it another shot!! XD!!

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

For whatever reason, despite it's name, I have never really viewed this site as an anime forum. I believe this place is wildly diverse, and in reality, the possibilities are endless. It seems that perhaps people are waiting around for something cool to happen, not realizing that the site is in fact member driven. Without member participation and interaction, things wont and cant; "just happen". I would say that if any aspect of this place is boring or leaves you otherwise unsatisfied, make a personal effort to improve your site. I've been here for about 5 years, the site is pretty much the same. It's all about the people, and what we are willing to contribute.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast