Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AO...a little boring..??

Newbie sanuramo may be famous one day sanuramo may be famous one day sanuramo's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AO...a little boring..??

i do wonder why was the armory i belive it was called removed. that was one of my favorite things on this site. would it be to difficult to bring it back. it is just my opinion but i belive that members will like it.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Look I been on boards, rp board and tv boards and games board, taxes some time it brings down the board for a while. or another reason some people might have school or collage the ao board shall pick up soon you well see..
    Last edited by Zev; Nov 30, 2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: edited out the part about hackers

Newbie BossAfro is off to a good start BossAfro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    We've had a Spam section in the past, and when we did, the General Forums practically died. You think its bad now, you try sifting through 50-80 posts at the end of the day, and only 3 of them are even worth reading.

Least now 2/3rds of whats posted are quality posts.

Quantity does not equal quality.
    I'd like to disagree with that.

Think about the cause and effect of the spam section. Why did people shy away from actually posting in the normal section? Maybe there was something wrong or something people didn't like about the general forums. If people are enjoying a certain section more then another, then that's normal. Attitudes and tastes come and go. I say so what if people are starting a topic with nothing more, the person did it for a reason, and for some sort of self enjoyment. You get rid of that, you put that person in a corner. Quantity does not equal quality, but eventually enough quantity will equal quality. Even if you don't think so, some one will.

Look at an imageboard for example. A person may post "I think this anime is good." Even if it gets one response, its still a response and the original poster will continue to post because he/she knows they will get a response.

If you got a lot of crap threads, how does that hurt you? It means people are active and if no one reply's to them it does no damage.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I think what kept AO alive personally was the plaza, you could earn cash and buy stuff for other members or yourself it was pretty fun.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I think what kept AO alive personally was the plaza, you could earn cash and buy stuff for other members or yourself it was pretty fun.
    AO has been around the better part of a decade, and the Plaza, maybe a little more then a year... So, no, I don't think so, something else must have gone on for us to be around so long.

Lastly, I just want to make this clear:

Want AO to be less boring? CONTRIBUTE! Nothing comes to those who do not seek it out for themselves.

No threads being posted that you want to talk about: Start your own.

See a thread that you would like to respond to: Post a quality reply.

Is it really that hard? Or are you all just lazy?

Closing.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The forums are what you make them, if you find it boring then you are just mooching off the site (or rather what others bring to the site) instead of creating topics/content that interest you. You have to be interested in something, create a topic on it that is worth while (no one liners like ...hey anyone like naruto?) and people will discuss it. Find someone in that thread that shares the same views or that is contrasting but not cussing you out and PM them, now you have something you are interested in and a new friend to chat with.

Boring AO no more.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3