+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AO on mobile

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

AO on mobile

This is kind of just to inform and maybe some people might say what they think of it.

I know that the actuall AO staff can't do anything about the programming of the site and stuff but... making AO (and possibly other forums) aviable to be used with mobile phones would be a great thing (although... there are already mobiles that are almost as laptops that are not that expencive too).

The thing is that you can indeed get on with your mobile and read forums, see pictures and even answer to PMs, I've been doing it the whole time while I didn't have internet at home. There are problems with posting though... But I just wanted to say how great that is. ^^ Peace folks!

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: AO on mobile

making the site compatible with mobile phones can be done by putting in a new CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) for mobile devices (Lesser images, smaller width, ect.), And I'm sure someone out there has made something for vBulletin boards, but I for one wouldn't want to view AO on a mobile device, there's just too much information, and a phone just doesn't do the site justice.

Thanks

Daa! ^^ lol Ofcourse a mobile phone screen is just almost unacceptable for AO. But I WAS happy to be able to get on when I didn't have access to a PC and internet and check how everything is going, you must admit, it's nice to be able to do so.

And I don't know anything about the techonlogies hoe you can do it and I actually don't think it's that necessary, this is more as to say how cool that is, as a feedback ^^ lol Also I know many people don't know about this possibility and it could be usefull to know. Like it was to me- it could happen easily that you lose your internet conection- a mobile phone is just another chance to get on.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Forums on a mobile phone to me seems a little weird. Forums are not meant to be visible in such a small screen. There is way too many links to be compacted and also the gallery wouldn't be visible as the images would be too big to see.

Having forums on a cell phone seems like a pointless idea to me, in my opinion.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Forums on a mobile phone to me seems a little weird. Forums are not meant to be visible in such a small screen. There is way too many links to be compacted and also the gallery wouldn't be visible as the images would be too big to see.

Having forums on a cell phone seems like a pointless idea to me, in my opinion.
    Hmmm... nope, actually it's all ok ^^ If you don't have any onther way....

You'd change your mind if you'd have to live with no internet for two months with the only possiblility to see what's going on being a mobile (you must use a chance :P)

And, as I already said, this is more as a feedback ^^

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it depends on what kind of mobile you use to visit the site. Sometimes I go on here with my PSP and its just fine the screen might be a bit small though. It would certainly allow more activity for those who want to get on and post but don't have access to the internet at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread