+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Customizing my membermabobber

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Customizing my membermabobber

Me niehter i obtained my user title by just posting as usual until i reached 500 (wasnt easy) So it ticks me off that people that dont even post half that much have Custom User Titles. i think they should be taken away until they earn them. Period
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    it ticks me off that people that dont even post half that much have Custom User Titles. i think they should be taken away until they earn them. Period
    It would be unfair to punish someone for doing something that wasn't against the rules when they did it. That would be like going back through all the old threads and handing out infractions for everything that's against the rules now, but wasn't then. A waste of time and energy.

I looked around, sure there was announcement thread about this, but couldn't find it. I believe that at one point, a member only had to get to 100 posts to get a custom title; the increase to 500 posts was sometime around November or December 2006 (maybe a little earlier than that).
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    It would be unfair to punish someone for doing something that wasn't against the rules when they did it. That would be like going back through all the old threads and handing out infractions for everything that's against the rules now, but wasn't then. A waste of time and energy.

I looked around, sure there was announcement thread about this, but couldn't find it. I believe that at one point, a member only had to get to 100 posts to get a custom title; the increase to 500 posts was sometime around November or December 2006 (maybe a little earlier than that).
    Im still a little unclear... If a person DID have the option to have a custom title before the rules changed... this would mean they can continue to RE-customize at will, even though now the rules are in place?

For example in february of 07, a certain user (Community member) had their custom title saying one thing... And now just recently I noticed it has changed again.

So is it true that once you have the option to customize certain features, that you coninue to have that option regaurdless of rules?
    ... Not Ever Again...

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Give me a minute to check on that; I'll give you an answer if no one else gets to it first.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Im still a little unclear... If a person DID have the option to have a custom title before the rules changed... this would mean they can continue to RE-customize at will, even though now the rules are in place?

For example in february of 07, a certain user (Community member) had their custom title saying one thing... And now just recently I noticed it has changed again.

So is it true that once you have the option to customize certain features, that you coninue to have that option regaurdless of rules?
    It's kinda like how members have to be on the site for a year to become a vet, as DB changed it, yet current vets got to remain as vets even if they were here shorter than the year. So, I think if they had the option, it doesn't get taken away. *Unless DB says otherwise. Gren is asking, so I'll just wait too.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Newbie PocketLint is off to a good start PocketLint's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok.. I just ran into a member today. A cummunity member....under 200 posts... just joined in april of 07. when I asked her how she attained her custom user title she said that she thought she was an elite member.

???

Either way... If she can do it, there MUST be a way for peach_follows to do it.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PocketLint View Post
    Ok.. I just ran into a member today. A cummunity member....under 200 posts... just joined in april of 07. when I asked her how she attained her custom user title she said that she thought she was an elite member.

???

Either way... If she can do it, there MUST be a way for peach_follows to do it.
    There ISN'T.

That feature is only available to Elite Members, or members who had joined back in '04 when the Vbplaza was still up and running and rules were slightly different.

I Honestly do not know how the member you spoke with was able to put a custom title underneath his/her avatar, but there isn't anything in the Rules that states how it is a possibility.

A glitch in the system, perhaps?
    Last edited by The White Wolf; May 20, 2007 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks

Alright, here's a few things we came up with:

1. Community members who utilized the custom user option before it was only available at elite status were allowed to keep the option. A technical issue, but as I said, it would be unfair to punish users for having the title when it was okay for them to do so.

2.When the vbplaza was still available, there was an option to "buy" the custom user title option. This may be the case for members you notice with a relatively low post count and a custom title.

As for the user PocketLint mentioned, I don't know how he/she was able to use the function, having joined only recently. If this is some sort of mistake, then it is unfair to those of you who must wait to get elite status, but I have no intention of storming into users' profiles and making changes, especially for something as trivial as this.

Apologies, but no one's getting anything added or taken away, at least not by me. If other mods want to take further action, that's up to them.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast