Closed Thread

Thread: Deleting threads

Newbie -Pocky- may be famous one day -Pocky- may be famous one day -Pocky-'s Avatar
    Thanks

Deleting threads

I'm a newb so I'm not 100% sure how the whole system works, but why is it that Moderators can only 'close' threads. I've been on several forums where MODS had the ability to delete threads as well as close.
    Also members also have the ability to delete their own threads they created.

There are just so many threads I feel are a waste of space.

Example :
    Say someone accidently made duplicate copies of a thread. Instead of closing the majority of them, wouldn't it save more space to just delete instead.

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Deleting threads

Quote Originally Posted by -Pocky-
    I'm a newb so I'm not 100% sure how the whole system works, but why is it that Moderators can only 'close' threads. I've been on several forums where MODS had the ability to delete threads as well as close.
    Also members also have the ability to delete their own threads they created.

There are just so many threads I feel are a waste of space.

Example :
    Say someone accidently made duplicate copies of a thread. Instead of closing the majority of them, wouldn't it save more space to just delete instead.
    One reason would probably be so that the particular member who created the "bad" thread would know the reason of why it was closed (they usually post comments on why it was closed) And that particular thread can also serve as a notice for other members on which types of threads are rulebreaking.

And another reason would maybe be to prevent mods having too much control on the forums (not that the mods here are that type ^_^)
    Kastelic's creation

Newbie -Pocky- may be famous one day -Pocky- may be famous one day -Pocky-'s Avatar
    Thanks

Bass_Dudez : hehe, which is why I suggested both closing and deleting threads. I agree there are some threads that should be closed for such reasons as that. ^_-

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, we can delete them. We just never do. It better to just lock them.

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444
    Oh, we can delete them. We just never do. It better to just lock them.
    Hehe, there you go Pocky ^_^ Right from the master himself

They can delete threads.....Ahh, now there's a thing I didnt know before
    Kastelic's creation

Closed Thread