+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does Anime Online Allow Contention?

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Does Anime Online Allow Contention?

In this forum everytime a small argument breaks out a thread is closed. I know geeks/otaku are persecuted in the real world but don't you think protecting yourself on a message board is going I don't know a wee bit too far.

The question I'm trying to ask is "Are arguments or contention allowed on "Anime Online?"

If it isn't you need to get the word out so the wrong people won't sign up.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Re: Does Anime Online Allow Contention?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    In this forum everytime a small argument breaks out a thread is closed. I know geeks/otaku are persecuted in the real world but don't you think protecting yourself on a message board is going I don't know a wee bit too far.

The question I'm trying to ask is "Are arguments or contention allowed on "Anime Online?"

If it isn't you need to get the word out so the wrong people won't sign up.
    I don't mind disagreements, but not when they get ugly. Where is the fun in that. I get that all day at work, sometimes at home. I come here for enjoyment.

I recently got into a post tennis match with someone from my own network. I kept waiting for the big slam down... but it never came. There have been threads started that were closed even as I was reading the posts, that I wanted to take part in. A few times I was in the middle of a post when the thread was closed. I have been on a thread when warnings have been given to others. So sometimes I have wondered why some are closed without warning.

With some posts, they start out as an argument, so I suppose they decide to nip it in the bud from the start. A line has been drawn, and I do accept the moderators decisions. If they waver for one, but not another anarchy will eventually ensue. We do not have to like all their decisions to agree with the policy. Perhaps an area could be created for such things, but who would moderate, how would moderation be handled, how much space would it require, etc... It just can't be done.

So I guess I agree with you, but only to a point.
    Last edited by Zeikku Shadow; Oct 31, 2007 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling error

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

There's a difference between arguments and discussing certain subjects.
    People are free to disagree with each other on AO. On the other hand, we do not allow the spreading of hate, racism or baseless shit flinging and e-drama.

Shodokan, let's take some of your threads/posts for example:

The title of the "How Come Americans Don't Read Manga?" thread:
    It's hard to start a good discussion when you post a blatant lie in the thread title itself.

In the "Mormons Are they Good Or Evil People?" thread:
    Their religion says they're doing a good thing but the rest of the population thinks they're annoying for ringing people's door bells.
    So you claim to know what the rest of the population thinks about Mormons? Have you even checked if your accusations are accurate?

Lines like these (especially when you're making up factual information) make it hard to form a valid discussion.

Furthermore, whether or not a thread should be closed is up to the moderator's discretion. If you do not agree with their decision then you should contact a higher mod or, even better, Dragon Ball. The staff will then review the case and reopen the thread if your reasoning is found to be valid.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to check in on why you or someone else closed the manga thread if it wasn't two weeks old. People were saying some pretty interesting things in that thread. Nevermind the title.

Yes I have checked with other people about their feelings about mormons. For example before that thread was closed I wanted to check in with Hassun's experience with moromons.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd probably laugh myself out of my chair if Hassun was a member...

As for the threads on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, your "opinions/views/so-called facts" were disproved or generally disapproved of by the Members, Non-members AND Atheists on the board as either being Hateful or incorrect. My church is currently the 4th largest in the United States and we're growing steadily every year, so we're not going any were, and a member of my church stands a good chance of getting the Republican Nomination for President of the USA, so you might as well get used to us.

The manga thread, since I was the one who closed it, was closed because it was dead. The last post that was made on it was September 14th, the next post (The one that got it closed), on October 14th. Thats 4 weeks of inactivity.
    Last edited by aceman67; Oct 28, 2007 at 01:46 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I'd probably laugh myself out of my chair if Hassun was a member...

As for the threads on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, your "opinions/views/so-called facts" were disproved or generally disapproved of by the Members, Non-members AND Atheists on the board as either being Hateful or incorrect. My church is currently the 4th largest in the United States and we're growing steadily every year, so we're not going any were, and a member of my church stands a good chance of getting the Republican Nomination for President of the USA, so you might as well get used to us.

The manga thread, since I was the one who closed it, was closed because it was dead. The last post that was made on it was September 14th, the next post (The one that got it closed), on October 14th. Thats 4 weeks of inactivity.
    Your paragraph is full of so much unwarranted self importance that I won't even discuss the topic with you.

If that's the reason the manga thread got closed then it is acceptable. I think the two week rule is stupid but it's Dragonball's site. So he can do what he wants.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The two week rule has been around a hell of a lot longer then you've been a member here, long before Dragon Ball came around, and dates all the way back to the golden age of Anime Online.

You may think its a stupid rule, but its around because it does one thing: Generates fresh and new conversations, instead of re-iterating past conversations that have long since died.

As for the "self importance" you speak of, I only do it to watch you squirm *evil grin*

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Aceman is correct, the two week rule has been in effect a lot longer than 98% of the members of this site, even long before I first signed in 2002.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast