Closed Thread

Thread: Font Type Doesn't Work

Newbie SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD's Avatar
    Thanks

Font Type Doesn't Work

I went to vbPlaza to change the font of my user name to copperlate gothic bold and it didn't work. Is there someone who could get my points back as it cost nearly 1200. If I had to guess the reason it didn't work was because i requested a font not in the AO inventory or because the font I requested is in bold, that may have caused some trouble.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Font Type Doesn't Work

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually it did work, as the generated HTML code I'm seeing is setting your user name font to copperlate gothic bold... The problem is, if you don't have the True Type font 'copperlate gothic bold' installed on your system, your browser will simply substitute with the closest font that it has...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

YEs that is true len, ill supplya link to all the fonts you will need schnei

10,000 fonts located here

Hope i helped.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the help Lin and jade. I'm suprised that it didn't recognize that I have the font in Microsoft Word, it might be that I haven't registered Word yet. The link to the all the fonts is awsome jader, however being the noobcake I am I can't figure out where to save the font once I find the one I like. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.
    Last edited by SchneiD; Nov 13, 2006 at 09:22 PM.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

WEll i shall teach you!

Goto START ->then-> control panel ->Appearance and themes!>

Then on the side click FONTS

When the font menu pops up goto file install new font... find where u saved the new font and unzipped it at... then add the font... that simple!

Hope i helped yah out
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Thanks

Sometimes the answers are so simple... I just realized when I am changing the fount type in vbPlaza, that the font type box is cap sensitive, all this time I was typing in "copperplate gothic bold." When I followed jader's tutorial I found that I already had "Copperplate Gothic Bold True Type" along with a few hundred other fonts. On the brightside I found out a cool new font site and how to add them to my computer. Not to mention there could be other people making the same mistake as well. Thanks for all the help jader and len, I would still be lost in my computer screen right now w/o it.
    Last edited by SchneiD; Nov 15, 2006 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Needed to add "true type" to the font type.

Closed Thread