Closed Thread

Thread: Gallery Comments

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Gallery Comments

I was just curious if there is anyways to have something set up like we do for the Zoints system to where we are messages if someone has left a comment for your gallery photos? I know it's crazy but it's just an idea and wondering if this idea maybe able to be used or not. Really if there is anyway for it to be put in affect. I know not everyone looks at their photos every day to see if they have any comments and it would be nice to be let known sometimes that their are new comments in the gallery awaiting us. Thanks for taking the time to share and comments to this thread.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gallery Comments

When you upload a photo to the gallery, you can select to be notified by mail if someone leaves a comment on that photo.

It is in the Extra Options, and is defaulted to No.

.:Edit:.

w00t! 777 posts!

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey thanks for that info I didn't see that but does it email you or pm you that is what I'm wondering.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that it sends an Email. Personally, I leave this feature turned off, because your inbox could get flooded if you upload a popular image.

Thanks

Though I am sure that not everyone thinks to check that off when they are uploading pictures. Wouldn't it be nice to be automatic and to receive pms when you get a comment? I know personally I don't think of it and I don't check my email enough to even click the box. It would be easier to have a pm for the comments because when you come on AO it tells you you have mail. I don't bother looking in my email for anything from AO.

Thanks

I believe that this is the limitation of the vbGallery software, but being PM'd for every comment you get would fill up your quota of PM's for your inbox, which isn't advisable.

The best way to check to see if you have a new comment is just click your "My Photo's" link at the top left hand side of the gallery, just like you would click "New Posts" to see whats new on the forums.

Thanks

That does make sense in the whole filling up the quota of pms. Though I myself do that sometimes when I get on and before I get offline it's just it gets old checking for new comments when you don't have to. I also know that there are others that didn't know about the email sent to tell you about comments. That's why I was throwing this idea out there. Thanks for your feedback Ace it was helpfull and much appriciated.

Thanks

No problem, glad I could help.

Questions answered, closing...

Closed Thread