+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Graphical Teams: Explained in DEEP Detail

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Graphical Teams: Explained in DEEP Detail

WOO...Where do i begin. well for starters as everyone can tell im still on the mission of adding more of a graphical touch to AO as always. but this time im makint it accesible to all that can do graphics or those that are willing to learn. See heres how i see it set up.

Graphical teams for anyone that has a graphical mind(wallpapers sigs avatars.ETC) the teams would have a team forum that would let people Post that thre looking to be part of a team and post reasons. here let me show you what i mean.

Alias: ( what your known as around here or any other forums)

Time doing graphics:

5 tags:

LPs: (Large Pieces)

Other artwork:

What you are offering to the team:

Activity:

And see it allows them to post reasons. then the team leders and such read these and try to recuirt the member. once the member is recurited they can wear the Team Badges/sigs/ avatar/ buttons ETC. (if no one wants to help il make them all if need be).

The teams could have (team wars) Which some members of the team face off in a large scale battle agisnt the other team and win points (new credit system) the team could also have other perks such as Team tutorials excuslive to them only Resources such as PSD's fonts and so forth that the team shares with the team.

I think it will work out Pleae give it a chance id love to give this a shot and i can provide any information you need on this just let me know wha tyou wana know and i will answer anything you have to ask to the best of my ability
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Graphical Teams: Explained in DEEP Detail

Something like this MUST be cleared first by the administration, not only it will involve more work for the staff. Only Dragon Ball can decide if the extra load of work and problems asociated with such member-teams is worth it.

Until he ok's the idea do not create such teams or posts.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not..making it official. im giving you the break down of what it would look like. to see if it can be cleard by DB give me more credit than that geez. im a smart poster i wouldnt just post a GRAPHIC Team thread knowing fully well its not even set up...i was give you a synopsis of what it could look like.

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm i like the general idea behind this, but a quick question, how many 'clans' will there be, and will there be a limit to how many people can join a clan. like only 5 member per clan?.

but the problem i'm seeing with this already, but it might just be me, is will there be enough people interested, and will stay active per each clan? cause if the rest of the clans crumble and only one remains, it kinda doesn't work. and is there enough GFX members out there to fill the position, and will the 'talent' be evenly spread?.

just a few questions i think should be asked.

Thanks

Well how many clans huh Well id say to make it even 4 clans with names that 4 people worty of being clan leader would create. Next and like member per clan. well the ones i know of on a diff gfx site they add until they feel that they no longer need anymore some are exclusive and will only let in a certain amount while others will welcome you with open arms.

but the problem i'm seeing with this already, but it might just be me, is will there be enough people interested, and will stay active per each clan? cause if the rest of the clans crumble and only one remains, it kinda doesn't work. and is there enough GFX members out there to fill the position, and will the 'talent' be evenly spread?
    Enough people intertested well the clans now...i dont see a general purpose for them to be there. And these clans have a actual motive and play. Actvity can be motivated by clan events such as clan assignments and clan wars. As far as it being enogh GFX people here The SOTW has enough entries for it to be evenly spread out. And the "talent" what do you mean by that part

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Last i check DB did not want "clans" to be on one subject.Thus why the other ones were taken down and reformed in to the ones that are here today.

Personally i don't like the idea one bit seems like a way to make a forum in to some thing its not.If i am not mistaken this is an anime forum not a graphics forum and i rather not see it turned it to one.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    Last i check DB did not want "clans" to be on one subject.Thus why the other ones were taken down and reformed in to the ones that are here today.

Personally i don't like the idea one bit seems like a way to make a forum in to some thing its not.If i am not mistaken this is an anime forum not a graphics forum and i rather not see it turned it to one.
    First this site is not completely anime centered; we have a lot of content that has nothing to do with anime.

Take the Poem, RPG, Debate and Discussion and Cyber Lounge sections as primary examples, none of them have anything to do with the anime content of this site. Now let me ask you this which sections are you most involved in?

Also actual discussion of anime has been a MINOR part of this forum for many years now. Look at the most active parts of the board, it isn't the anime sections. Furthermore the threads in the anime section are crap. "Who is be best/strongest, Who would win between X and Y, Who is a XYZ fan!?, Will they make a sequel" So do you really think this site is completely anime centered?

I will argue that the GFX part of this site adds an exponentially larger amount of ANIME content then any of the above. Not only that, but that the GFX aspects of this site is largely why it IS an anime site. I know I have, and many others as well, seen anime just because of the sigs, walls or scans I have seen on this site. Heck the whole reason I even joined this site was for the wallpapers.

Simply adding content that is geared to the GXF aspects of anime is not changing the forum into a GFX forum, it just strengthens it.

Now having said that, I don’t like this idea at all, the only thing it will do is make people on this site try to get into the “1” group that has the best artist and that group will have a “god-complex.” That just isn’t right, noobs on this site need the better GFX artist there to “help” them along not be shunned by them.

We have a GFX section on this board in which everything that you could accomplish in a clan could be done without the need of a clan.

So why do we need a GFX clan? Collaborations? Can be done in the GFX section in 1 thread, or use the PM system. Resource sharing? Why horde it all, can you not share it with everyone? Wisdom divulgence? Again why not share it with all?

So again, why do we need or even want this?

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

What sections am i most involved in ? lately the anime section but other than that its about equal on all of the sections i post when i see some thing some what interesting.As for the threads in the anime section are crap ill agree with you in that one.Allot are but there are a few ( a small few that is ) worth a post in them.

But i see were your coming from about the GFX making the site stronger which i guess is true .But instead of adding more GFX oriented stuff.Why not work out the problems with the existing forums? manly the anime section of the bored.Since after all this is supposed to be AnimeOnline.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast