+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Having a clan for those who like doing things for themselves!

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Having a clan for those who like doing things for themselves!

The clans are limited to 15 people though, so this wouldn't benefit the site as much as it would the first 15 people to join that clan. I don't want to see the limits raised when activity in the place is low enough.

As for the tutorials not having gimp or anything but photoshop, then why not make some if that is what you use, or anyone else for that matter. If you want a subforum for a place to discuss your techniques with other members, then fine. But a clan for it will only benefit a few, while the forum would benefit the entire community.

And if members have trouble finding the place, maybe make a link for the area, like the gallery? Though, I don't think it's that hard of a place to find. I remember using it when I first joined up to the site.

If I am still missing the point, let me know.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think there is a need or high demand for a gimp subsection(if thats what your implying)
    in all seriousness, i know some people who are exceptionally great at the gimp(easily can out do a PS user), and if i happen to find a good gimp tut i'll be sure to update the tut list.

im a little confused at what this direction this thread is going, so lets try to stay on topic XD

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think a work in process area is a bad thing...as long as people don't post their "finished" products there for c&c...that is what the gallery is for...but a section to get c&c while you are working on something would be great. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. For those still wanting a clan...the help from 50,000+ members as apposed to 15 is a bigger benefit IMO.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I don't think a work in process area is a bad thing...as long as people don't post their "finished" products there for c&c...that is what the gallery is for...but a section to get c&c while you are working on something would be great. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. For those still wanting a clan...the help from 50,000+ members as apposed to 15 is a bigger benefit IMO.
    This was already in progress in the Show Your Work thread in the GFX section of the forums. Dragon Ball closed it because the gallery is for that very same reason. Receiving feedback on your work.

It wasn't just finalized work that people were showing. It was just random things members were working on. If DB closed it, it's obviously because he didn't approve of the idea.

However;// If enough members agree to this idea, then maybe he'll reconsider. I'm not one to talk for him, so I don't know.

THAT is my two cents.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    i dont think there is a need or high demand for a gimp subsection(if thats what your implying)
    in all seriousness, i know some people who are exceptionally great at the gimp(easily can out do a PS user), and if i happen to find a good gimp tut i'll be sure to update the tut list.

im a little confused at what this direction this thread is going, so lets try to stay on topic XD
    i would be willing to make a few tus for gimp if it meant having a place for them specificly but really i was thiking the 15 member for a clan rule
    might could be over loked for the gfx , because of the the popularity of it
    thats just what i was thinking.

but really its more than just one person i think because there is a
    thread for sigs and a thread for rendering pics those are pretty cool
    but there isnt really a spot for what i am talking about unless you think the graphi design section is just what im asking for which i think isnt as active.

there should be some area if not a clan for this but a clan wit no
    limit to who can enter since it involves designs and things that go
    with design , heck if there was a thread dedicated only to tuts and how
    to do this and that with a wall paper that would be good. but i was
    thinking the clan idea could make things easier
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    This was already in progress in the Show Your Work thread in the GFX section of the forums. Dragon Ball closed it because the gallery is for that very same reason. Receiving feedback on your work.

It wasn't just finalized work that people were showing. It was just random things members were working on. If DB closed it, it's obviously because he didn't approve of the idea.

However;// If enough members agree to this idea, then maybe he'll reconsider. I'm not one to talk for him, so I don't know.

THAT is my two cents.
    Didn't anyone ever tell you that 2 cents is practically worthless Just kiddin’

But here is the thing; you are confusing 2 issues.

1) What happened in that thread.

&

2) What we are discussing with the “help” section.

That thread got closed down because a majority of people were posting “here is my latest COMPLETED work” please give feedback…which IS what the gallery is for.

What we are saying here about the help section… is… “here is my work…I need help with XYZ”. Then “here is an updated version of my work…did I accomplish my goal or what adjustments can I make”.

Neither of those are galley material, the gallery is for the FINISHED work. Also the scheme Ky-lyrra used was flawed. Having a single thread where everyone posts their stuff and gets “help” is not going to work…it only leads to chaos and people getting over looked. There needs to be a section where everyone creates a thread for the “project” they are working on and then people can help them there. This works tremendously on animepaper and I think it is a great idea for here. AS LONG AS people use it correctly, finished works go to the gallery and in process goes to the help section…but hey that is what we mods are for... insurance to make sure people are not abusing the forum.

I guarantee the “quality” of entries in our gallery will go UP if we have a place people can get “help”

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Didn't anyone ever tell you that 2 cents is practically worthless Just kiddin’
    Cute.

So a sub-forum where each individual member posts their own creations? There's a section just for that on Anime Suki and it works perfectly, I just didn't think that's what wanted to be done here. Well, if that's the idea of this whole thing, then I say it's a great idea and why not. But it would need to be heavily moderated when [if] it starts up, because I'm afraid people will start getting the wrong idea, and it'll turn up just like the Show Your Work thread.

Now I see what is trying to be said here, and I believe a clan is just as good as a sub-forum. Eventually DB will raise the limitation to how many members are allowed in the clans, and it'll be a private section just for those who KNOW that they usually submit work in the gallery or who just do it for fun; so obviously they'll join that clan. When Chris brought up the idea, I don't think he meant the clan to be the clans we have going now. I believe he meant it to be something entirely different. Not to participate in clan competitions and whatnot.. Just for people to talk about their work and how to improve.

THUS, a sub-forum is a great alternative. I wasn't disagreeing with those who brought it up, I just think the clan idea COULD in fact work.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Cute.

So a sub-forum where each individual member posts their own creations? There's a section just for that on Anime Suki and it works perfectly, I just didn't think that's what wanted to be done here. Well, if that's the idea of this whole thing, then I say it's a great idea and why not. But it would need to be heavily moderated when [if] it starts up, because I'm afraid people will start getting the wrong idea, and it'll turn up just like the Show Your Work thread.

Now I see what is trying to be said here, and I believe a clan is just as good as a sub-forum. Eventually DB will raise the limitation to how many members are allowed in the clans, and it'll be a private section just for those who KNOW that they usually submit work in the gallery or who just do it for fun; so obviously they'll join that clan. When Chris brought up the idea, I don't think he meant the clan to be the clans we have going now. I believe he meant it to be something entirely different. Not to participate in clan competitions and whatnot.. Just for people to talk about their work and how to improve.

THUS, a sub-forum is a great alternative. I wasn't disagreeing with those who brought it up, I just think the clan idea COULD in fact work.
    yeah that what was getting at and it would be a great idea of there cant
    be a clan for this but the suggestion of a clan was to get those intrested
    in what i am talking about a place to actually work and get advice and to give tuts because having what we have now is good but its just in random
    places we need one place for it all like a clan but like i said if a clan isn't possible then the idea like white wolf said would be a grea idea.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3