Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [How to...] Community Member

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: [How to...] Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRabbit
    actually i have agree.
    on 2 accounts firstly, it would show the true number of active members
    and secondly it put of leechers
    although it also put of lurkers - who actually post their work

therefore i would suggest either 50 posts per month or 5 uploads per month.

EDIT: but not 5 desktops or anything silly

I can agree to that and add scans of art material that they didnt creats, and photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    If you do that, you also lose your community member status every month, as does jaderabbit and his near 1,500 posts which seems a bit outrageous. Not only that, but you're trying to make it to where a new member can gain community member status more easily. This is the whole point of the rule; to make it more difficult to get into the gallery, thus restricting it to only those who actively contribute and continue to contribute to the site.

You would not loss your community member status if you posted anuther 50 time the prveiuse month you would keep it. Though i could see what you mean about pp who have proven them selve by posting a certian amount souldnt having to do this. The idea was to make it so new people would have a way to prove them selves with out haveing to wait throght month with out totaly sacrafising the hole idea to keep leachers out.

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    Good point there bro.. I guess they did that in the past, but that didn't stop leachers from coming.. Just wait maybe they might change that. Before you were here you only could become a senior member only if you had 500 posts, but then they changed it to 100 posts, that change might also happen to the gallery section, so just keep a moderate posting and enjoy your stay..
    Cool, i didnt know that. Thanks for the info
    Last edited by Joshua001; Nov 22, 2005 at 05:25 AM.

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua001
    You would not loss your community member status if you posted anuther 50 time the prveiuse month you would keep it. Though i could see what you mean about pp who have proven them selve by posting a certian amount souldnt having to do this. The idea was to make it so new people would have a way to prove them selves with out haveing to wait throght month with out totaly sacrafising the hole idea to keep leachers out.

And that is the problem there, with new members. What makes them stay? They could post quick 50 post, leech, and never come back. At least with 500 posts, we know that they are interested enough in the site to stay.

Newbie The Dejected Angel may be famous one day The Dejected Angel may be famous one day The Dejected Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Heh, I have no clue about why people are complaining... to me, this site is a FORUM, not some upload temple... I didnt even notice the gallery when I came, well untill I decided to actually start reading(<--- comes in handy). anyways, people are supposed to post in forums and meet new people and have fun, who cares about whether the gallery works for you or not... the gallery is just... a bonus to the site in my opinion.
    I like cheese!

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sedka
    And that is the problem there, with new members. What makes them stay? They could post quick 50 post, leech, and never come back. At least with 500 posts, we know that they are interested enough in the site to stay.

i dont know about that. 50 posts is not the easyes thing to do ithere without spaming or beaking any of the othere rulles. besides I think many leachers would too lazy to post even that manyas for the rest it to have them get a glips of how fun it can be to post so that mabe they will comtinue.

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

^ agreeing with what he/she said

why not create several tier levels

100 posts / 20 uploads and monthly posts of 50+ = community member

1000 posts / 100 uploads = lifetime community member

I really cant imagine any leecher make that kind of effort, to visit a anime wallpaper gallery

particularly since this site does not endorse or condone Hentia. whilst many other sites do (without naming names, a quick google search is all that is needed for that sort of thing - and lets not even mention what a google image search brings up ).
    Last edited by ShadowRabbit; Jan 02, 2006 at 03:48 PM.
    Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address
    [IMG]curtsies to Pyro_psyco666

Newbie Crizet may be famous one day Crizet may be famous one day
    Thanks

(Mod Edit) intro's goes in the intros' section.
    Last edited by jaderabbit; Jan 13, 2006 at 08:41 PM.

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

ARE we likely to see a revision to rules any time soon?
    Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address
    [IMG]curtsies to Pyro_psyco666

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

the rules have been revised already.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast