Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A humble question.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A humble question.

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez
    Although some restrictions would probably have to be put...... something that will still let you identify the person. It'll be quite harmful if someone pretended to be someone else and frame them for something, or some kind of situation close to that.........
    There could be a five or six character change limit. That would make it pretty hard for someone to change their full name and frame someone.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

You couldn't change your name to another already registered name, for instance. I could not change my name to kedar, post some crap and then change my name to something else. Plus when I changed my name all my posts would reflect the new name. As well, the admins can see the IP address associated with the person that posted the comments at the time they were made. So framing couldn't happen.

Newbie Chilled_Cold may be famous one day Chilled_Cold may be famous one day
    Thanks

I guess your just stuck with the name, or make a new profile..from the looks of people's ranks and stuff, it wouldn't be worth it

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, I think if you have been around enough you should be able to ask the admines to change a few characters, just to fix capitalization and missed letters. If anything more than that is allowed it gets really confusing. I have changed my name on my forums a few times, but since there arnt that many members everyone still knows who I am. With a huge community like this it would just get to troublesome. I myself have kept the same name for every single AO incarnation I have ever joined just so people know who I am and don't get confused when they see me post as if I know them.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2