+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Idea for Increased Forum Activity

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Idea for Increased Forum Activity

^_^ hello everyone~!

well, i was thinking while waiting for the bus this morning...

a lot of people really loved it when we had the chat forum and a whole bunch more remember friendships that started from it...but the problem was that activity went WAY down in all the other threads. thusly, the forum was closed.

well, i was thinking that we could have...

"Open Thread Sundays", basically, it would be a sticky thread (ONLY started by a Mod) in the Cyber Lounge that would be opened Sunday morning and closed (also by a Mod) Sunday night. it would only be one thread, and only be on Sunday (or whenever DragonBall says so) and no other "open" threads could be made anywhere else...

^_^ how does that sound?

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Idea for Increased Forum Activity

Great idea, infact very good however...This idea in my opnion shouldn't hold post count so you can't spam your posts up, but that only my opinion. Apart from that, thats greaT!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Well there is the time zone issue (just because it is sunday in Japan doesn't mean it is so in the US, etc...) but I am not opposed to the idea. It would be nice for members to get to know each other and for members to see mods in a different light (yes Hammer can be a nice guy), not to mention it would bring a lighter more care free mood to the boards. With it being only once a week, not so bad on forum activity in the other parts of the board.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

If we're setting a day and time, is there a reason it just can't be a chat? IRC, yahoo-chat, etc.?

In order to enable this, we'd need to create a new section, disable post count, credits, find a way to preserve order in a conversation where 30 people are talking about different things (some slower than others, some responding to posts much further up, etc). What happens when someone swears, flames or goes OT? Do they get infracted? etc.

If you're going for chat, there are perfectly good places already out there to do it. The same would be accomplished by picking a program, place and time and then doing it there.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

I think thats a great idea. of course the time zone thing would make it hard. for some people.
    but i like i know i would defiantly want to get on more if we had that. ^^

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    Well there is the time zone issue (just because it is sunday in Japan doesn't mean it is so in the US, etc...) but I am not opposed to the idea. It would be nice for members to get to know each other and for members to see mods in a different light (yes Hammer can be a nice guy), not to mention it would bring a lighter more care free mood to the boards. With it being only once a week, not so bad on forum activity in the other parts of the board.
    The time zone and the whole going global thing shouldn't be an issue. If you are here on the site 1 am in the morning, you'll notice there isn't much folks on anyways.

@Abu: Can you clear it up for me?? So is the thread opened on Sunday and closed the following Wednesday?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like this idea,Defiantly would be nice to chat a little on the board and not have to worry about the rules so much while meeting new people you would not normally meet or even bother to talk to in threads.I know when the clans were going that was one of the things i liked the most about them.So i see some good point to this, and its bad points then again nothing is perfect.
    Last edited by koga23; Feb 04, 2008 at 04:46 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

@ Legend: oh no, it would start Sunday morning and end Sunday night, i think 24 hours is enough for chat.

@ Tsurara: ^_^ i know people can chat and stuff in other places, but the problem is here in AO... there's a lack of communication between members; people aren't making friends like they used to, and there's all these wild (mostly untrue) assumptions about Mods... i just thought that having a controlled chat for only a short time might be a good way for people to meet here in AO... look, i have really grown to like this place and all the friends i've made here... and it wasn't through SOTW, or POTM, any of the contests, and barely even talking in the threads... it was in the chat thread that i really got to know a lot of different people... and it was then we chatted through PMs and stuff. i'm just thinking of ways to get people talking again! that's the problem that AO has, and i'd like to help solve it... ^_^ this place was my first forum, and i don't want to see it go down...

and as for the shout box... that's all people are going to do is shout, just thought if it was in thread form it may at least help the organization of the conversations. as for the problems that may arise... i'm not sure how to remedy, that's why i put up this suggestion! so we could all put our heads together and try to work out the kinks if DragonBall goes for the idea~!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast