+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Idea for Increased Forum Activity

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Idea for Increased Forum Activity

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    You can even access IRC through trillian for heaven's sake (or you could, last I used trillian).

If you can't be bothered to learn a basic chat client, how the heck are you people going to survive university and careers? O_o; Survival of the fittest, my friends.
    yes Trillian still allows you to connect to IRC. I have done but prefer mIRC.

But I do get what Abu is trying to say. I know AO needs more activity but maybe instead of an one day of relaxed rules so to speak, we just need more things for members to do that isn't the same as what we have already done.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

IRC sounds good, but at the same time I question the staff's ability to be there in the channel 24/7 to prevent anything bad that might happen there. I mean are you guys going to constantly shut off and turn the chat room (if that is even possible)?? IRC allows constant name change with a simple /nick "insert name", so I actually think you are asking for more work by pushing IRC Tsurara.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think if we are going to have a day to do it it should be saturday thats when everybody is good and has free time but i like the idea.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    I think if we are going to have a day to do it it should be saturday thats when everybody is good and has free time but i like the idea.
    That's not nessecarily true, you know.
    Thinking Closer into a person's closer life, thery could have recreational sports or something along those lines. For Example, I usually (But not always) Have a Hockey game on Saturdays.

But as for days open, I'd still have to agree. Saturday or Sunday would suffice more than likely.

And I do find this idea quite well done overall.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    IRC sounds good, but at the same time I question the staff's ability to be there in the channel 24/7 to prevent anything bad that might happen there. I mean are you guys going to constantly shut off and turn the chat room (if that is even possible)?? IRC allows constant name change with a simple /nick "insert name", so I actually think you are asking for more work by pushing IRC Tsurara.
    Well thats why it is handy that I am on IRC most of the day, GMT time. Plus there are bots you can use that will act as moderators while a member of staff is offline I think. Plus not every member will be on IRC 24/7 so I doubt it will be much of a problem.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

O.o is this like turning into a federal case or something? i just wanted people to have a sense of togetherness on AO... chat room, thread, whatever... i just want this place to have the same comrodery they had when then Chat thread was here...

if it's not going to work or if it's too hard that's fine, i just think we're running out of options and there's really not much else we can do... we already have lots of competitions and insentives for posting and creative stuff, but it's not drawing enough attention...

^_^ but, whatever...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu Dhabi For This Useful Post:

blackrose92 (Feb 05, 2008)

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Two history lessons people:

* Chatrooms never worked in the past and they wont work in the present or future of AO, palin and simple. Back in the days of the true prime-time of AO (2002-2003) with several more active members, we set-up a few chatrooms and all of them failed. Those places where active for a few days and then they died, again that was when we have three to four times the activity we have today, and they just failed....

* The spam-thread, well if it was that great, why was removed??? Again it was tried before and for some reason it failed, and caused major troubles and member desertion. There is no way to have real control of those threads unless you want some unpaid staff members to leave their own personal life to moderate the e-drama that will arise from it.

Conclusion, been there, done that and didnt work...

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post

* The spam-thread, well if it was that great, why was removed??? Again it was tried before and for some reason it failed, and caused major troubles and member desertion. There is no way to have real control of those threads unless you want some unpaid staff members to leave their own personal life to moderate the e-drama that will arise from it.

Conclusion, been there, done that and didnt work...
    It failed because it took all of the activity away from the rest of the board not because it wasn't popular, if anything it was TOO popular.

Thus the point of this thread was to say hey I know it would be bad to have the thread there 24/7 given what it does to the rest of the board instead just have it once a week, pick a "slow day" for AO and have it then. It will boost site activity and give members a way to have some fun again if nothing else then just once a week. All the while not hurting the board as the rest of the site still functions normally for the rest of the week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast