+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Idea for Increased Forum Activity

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Idea for Increased Forum Activity

I like the idea. I had a lot of fun chatting and joking around with Ketsueki and I got to know the members and make friends a lot easier because of it. As for which one, we could just do a trial run for both of them and see which one does better. If we get more people going in the thread and it doesn't get too messy, then we go with that. If Sazzy, or anyone who wants to, can set up a channel and it proves to get a decent amount of members participating in the chats on a regular basis, then we can go with that. I'm not going to worry too much now about what might go wrong with either, as we could always deal with it and fix them as it goes.

My thoughts/opinions/whatever.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    IRC sounds good, but at the same time I question the staff's ability to be there in the channel 24/7 to prevent anything bad that might happen there. I mean are you guys going to constantly shut off and turn the chat room (if that is even possible)?? IRC allows constant name change with a simple /nick "insert name", so I actually think you are asking for more work by pushing IRC Tsurara.
    It wouldn't matter. It's on IRC, not the board. If you want moderation, a staff member regs the channel and sets ops and halfops to whoever's around and willing. You can have 12 admins, 14 ops and 10 halfops if you want... someone will be around. If ops and halfops are around, there's moderation. If there isn't: there isn't. Doesn't really matter. It doesn't need to be moderated at all, since the archive isn't a permanant part of the site.

Like it would kill us not to micromanage everything to death. (I'm assuming the desire to break AO's existing rules is one of the reasons they want a chat/spam forum at all... I don't think we need to be everyone's parents.)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Like it would kill us not to micromanage everything to death. (I'm assuming the desire to break AO's existing rules is one of the reasons they want a chat/spam forum at all... I don't think we need to be everyone's parents.)
    Good one.

Well if it's not official, then I would say from a member's stand point to do it. Folks can do all the stuff they want there that is not allowed here. So maybe something like access to file bots with a certain amount of posts. That way you'll get activity here and on the IRC. Hopefully you folks can find a server that still have names opened and not registered, and also easy connectibility.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Good one.

Well if it's not official, then I would say from a member's stand point to do it. Folks can do all the stuff they want there that is not allowed here. So maybe something like access to file bots with a certain amount of posts. That way you'll get activity here and on the IRC. Hopefully you folks can find a server that still have names opened and not registered, and also easy connectibility.
    rizon is fairly empty

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

To allow members to get to know each other, I have implemented Flashchat. It's on today, but the plan is to open only on Sundays. A link can be found from the "Quick Links" menu.

AO FlashChat.

Behave yourselves though. Admin and Mods are shown by the mark A or M resepectively and can ban you from the room. Have currently setup 3 rooms. Private chat and file sending is also possible.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4