View Poll Results: Good idea or bad idea?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would love this service to be offered on AO

12 60.00%
  • No, I don't like the idea

8 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: if the Idea is not absurd...then is no hope it

Otaku Candid is off to a good start
    Thanks

if the Idea is not absurd...then is no hope it

well here is an idea. and it might have already been thought about, and/or just you don't want to do it. but what the heck, i'll go anyway:

how about an advice "service" on AO.

you either have some sort of thread or person, people tell them their problems and anonymously they try to help.

maybe get a group of people so they can help one another.

i just think AO is like a family, and we should help each other out.

and if it doesn't work out, then just stop.

just an idea. I like it. maybe you do too.

Edit by Hammer: Added poll for member.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Feb 19, 2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: to add a poll. guess i can't?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: if the Idea is not absurd...then is no hope it

Personally I like the idea IF regulated, some people are going to abuse the feature but for others it will be very useful and FOR those people we should offer this. Good or bad I know I would offer my thoughts and ideas to those willing to hear them.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, this would deffinatly be an excellent idea! I'd love to share my ideas and situations and I'd love to help people! I'd also like to know other's veiws on a metter, and this is the perfect idea! I would deffinatly loev to get an advice service up here on AO! ^^

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't we already have this? I mean, people are always starting threads asking for advice from what anime to watch to how to handle relationship problems.

Not really needed in my opinion.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Don't we already have this? I mean, people are always starting threads asking for advice from what anime to watch to how to handle relationship problems.

Not really needed in my opinion.
    Well I'm not big on the idea, but if enough folks want it meaning this site has the demand we should have it. Right now most threads that seek advice could be closed or deemed as journal material. Considering how the new blog system does not give users the same exposure as before, maybe it's something to think about.

I am basing this that the thread starter is asking on advice in life and not animes to watch. If we have this so call focus group we can rid of all the threads all together.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

This is dangerous.

If someone with real, SUBSTANTIAL issues sees this site or it's members as a legitimate source of support or advice; we end up with some pretty big issues at hand.

I'm not talking "I hate my life and want to die, so tell me how awesome I am." or "I'm ugly, please look at these pictures I'm spamming and hit on me." Which is probably what we'd get the most of. I'm talking "I think I'm a lesbian." "My parents hit me." "I think I'm really going to commit suicide." or "I want to kill my parents."

Very few people here are trained as crisis counsellors and quite a few have non-neutral viewpoints (influenced by experience, religion, whatever). The wrong advice does much more harm than good--and the maturity level here leaves a bit to be desired.

We sign no contracts guaranteeing the privacy of those who speak to us... and in general we can't offer any better advice than "talk to someone qualified to help you".

At best, it would turn into drama-whore central.
    At worst, we get someone killed with bad advice.

Absolutely not.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's a nice idea. Everyone can do with a lending hand or just another angle on things. But like aceman said, isn't this already part of being active in the forums.

Who would give the advice?

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

I can help give advice. I was a junior counselor in High School dealing with said problems that tsu stated. Also took Psychology in college, plus i always keep my conversations with other people secret, unless the other gives the okay.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast