Closed Thread

Thread: Journal difference

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Journal difference

I was told by a staff member:

we're not very strict on journals. Just avoid e-drama and grave offences like blatant racism etc.

So, I was given the impression that the rules where not as tightly enforced in the journal section.

I've seen double posting permitted in journals, and then it was corrected as a no no (only after others had gotten away with it). And I could find specific journals where it wasn't an issue.

I already know you don't have to post quality posts in journals

But, this morning I got infracted for posting in someones old journal entry. Although, again I have seen other journals where responding past 30 days has gone without any type of punishment.

Sooo... where does the "being laxed" in the journal forum begin and end? I've always heard staff saying "We can't catch everything that happens on the forum blah blah"

So how am I supposed to know if you guys (staff) just missed something or if you're really doing what you (staff) said... (Which is not being so strict in journals)

I'm a decent member here, I do my best to obey all the site rules (now I do anyway). I want to know all I can so that I can avoid further infractions.

***applies brown to nose***
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jul 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Let me just rephrase that....
    ... Not Ever Again...

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Journal difference

i thought the dead threa rule applied only to AO forums
    not journals that is a new one on me is it in the rules and they
    havnt posted it yet as rule maybe?
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Banned neko nathaniel is off to a good start neko nathaniel's Avatar
    Thanks

.....well from what i think u posted in a dead thred.....thr rulls say that trying to bring a dead thred alive is a nono and that u wold git a warrning or what ever its called. lol

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neko nathaniel View Post
    .....well from what i think u posted in a dead thred.....thr rulls say that trying to bring a dead thred alive is a nono and that u wold git a warrning or what ever its called. lol
    That's true but the rules for the forums aren't necessarily the same for the journals. It even says so in teh rules, which Peach has already put in her post.

I'm sorry to hear that Peach. I don't think I've had a porb with that though(mostly cause I never do because I think I'll get in trouble anyway). I don't think I even posted in an old thread anyhow. *pats* Sorry I can't be much help on this.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Banned neko nathaniel is off to a good start neko nathaniel's Avatar
    Thanks

=^~_~^= ya well i did not really read that part thot that was the same all over ao lol gess ill just hafe to go back and read it again lol

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now it may be of surprise to some of you, but the A.O. Staff is actually human, and sometimes either late at night suffering from a lack of sleep, or after having a fight with a girlfriend, or after having been 'asked' to implement a complex new feature that was needed yesterday, we sometimes 'forget' when checking the 'new posts' to see if the thread is in the Anime Series Forum or Blog Forum section...

Now as far as journal enforcement goes, the rules definitions for journals are 'lax' by design, and probably not going to change. Journals are normally granted to AO members who have shown the ability to post responsible. However, the owner of the Journal is expected to monitor the posts made in his journal, and 'report' posts that require the staff attention. And since the Journals are still a part of the AO website, the staff maintain the rights to intervene in any journal to prevent issues that could involve legal liability for the site...

And of course, this Forum Rule always applies...
    In the event an argument arises between you and a Moderator of this forum, and you believe you have been dealt with unfairly, please contact an administrator presenting the full case. He will review the situation and take necessary action.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

In the event an argument arises between you and a Moderator of this forum, and you believe you have been dealt with unfairly, please contact an administrator presenting the full case. He will review the situation and take necessary action.
    I didn't argue with any staff or bring it up to an administrator (yet), because I lack the knowledge to understand if I was treated fairly. My gut instinct is to say that I didn't deserve an infraction... but my guts been wrong in the past... sometimes I overlook information that had I known would have prevented me an infraction.

That is why I posted this in the Feedback and Questions first... I'd like to know whether or not there is something that clearly states how the journals differ form the rest of the forum (because they obviously do). And how much do they differ? What can I expected to be reported for or infracted for? I think These are good questions...

As always, I figure that if I am curious about this , the knowledge may be helpful to another member. (maybe they can prevent they're own infraction?)

if the only explanation available is... "That's just staffs choice"... then yeah... That's kinda faulty.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quit your whining, a mistake was made, it was fixed.

What len ment about taking it to an administrator was "Don't cause drama on the open forums by starting a thread like this."

Closing
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 24, 2009 at 12:05 AM.

Closed Thread