+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's meet everyone (not creepy!)

Newbie WishIcouldlivemore is off to a good start WishIcouldlivemore's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's meet everyone (not creepy!)

Hey everyone that is a member of this great website I had this wicked idea:why don't we meet. And what I mean by this is that we ask the people that started this site to start a sponsorship programme so we all meet at one of those huge anime celebration festivals and we could give speeches,testimonials,argue with each other or just present our artwork. Of course it's kinda farfetched but if people we're really passionate about it just imagine how happy we would all be.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Let's meet everyone(not creepy!)

It would be great to meet people... but seeing as it's an international site and none of us are made of money: it isn't going to happen.

But hey, if anyone wants to fly their butts to Japan: I'm willing to hang out with them.

Quite a few of us from the old AO ~have~ met. Though it took years and our own initiative to accomplish.

I've met Sedka, Tych, and Keiichi when they came to Japan... I keep just missing Ewdi in Osaka... I've met up with Trunks and Jin in the US... I've had phone conversations with C.C. and Caz... lunch with some random kids here and there who's handles I don't remember.

Other AO-ites went on a trip to Otakon together once...

It's more an issue of HAVING friends already and then deciding you want to go visit them or finding out people are nearby and meeting up.

The likelihood of everyone meeting up at a single event in a single place is... well... non-existant. And since it would likely be in the US: everyone in Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa, Canada South America, Central America and the Middle East would be left out of the loop anyway.

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WishIcouldlivemore View Post
    Hey everyone that is a member of this great website I had this wicked idea:why don't we meet. And what I mean by this is that we ask the people that started this site to start a sponsorship programme so we all meet at one of those huge anime celebration festivals and we could give speeches,testimonials,argue with each other or just present our artwork. Of course it's kinda farfetched but if people we're really passionate about it just imagine how happy we would all be.

That is a great idea!!!!!!!!!! BUT I'm way to lazy! lol I'll give people my cell number to people that want to call and talk to me if they want. Or if you happen to be on my side of the world I'll try to meet you, but I got bills to pay and anime to watch lol Really good IDEA though! It might happen in the future generations of this site, but I think we still need some time to grow even bigger!

LETS ALL START A ANIME ONLINE REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! ........after I get something to eat, watch my anime, sleep alittle, and then I'll be right on it! lol

What I'm watching Right Now:

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    It would be great to meet people... but seeing as it's an international site and none of us are made of money: it isn't going to happen.

But hey, if anyone wants to fly their butts to Japan: I'm willing to hang out with them.

Quite a few of us from the old AO ~have~ met. Though it took years and our own initiative to accomplish.

I've met Sedka, Tych, and Keiichi when they came to Japan... I keep just missing Ewdi in Osaka... I've met up with Trunks and Jin in the US... I've had phone conversations with C.C. and Caz... lunch with some random kids here and there who's handles I don't remember.

Other AO-ites went on a trip to Otakon together once...

It's more an issue of HAVING friends already and then deciding you want to go visit them or finding out people are nearby and meeting up.

The likelihood of everyone meeting up at a single event in a single place is... well... non-existant. And since it would likely be in the US: everyone in Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa, Canada South America, Central America and the Middle East would be left out of the loop anyway.
    That's awsome to know, I wish I could've met up with some old AO members too, would be great!

Anyway, the distance is bizar, I mean... AO have people all over the world, if you want to do something like that, you need to have lots of sponsors and anime supporting organisations to set up an event like that. And, it also costs a lot of money to just travel, hang out, sleep and eat at a different country.

Even though, it would be very exiting to do something big like that. It's just near to impossible XD. But like tsurara said, you can meet up with a bunch, catch up with a few, have contact with some and I think that's the best we can do...which can be fun too ^_^. But seriously, it's good idea, just ... hard to accomplish a plan like that.

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Newbie WishIcouldlivemore is off to a good start WishIcouldlivemore's Avatar
    Thanks

Well we could just meet each other over webcams haha. It's just that living in a place where people don't really get you is hard and the internet solves that and everything but you just seem like you're wasting time when you could be meeting people no offence to anyone by the way if it helps those who were offended this one time in the fourth grade I pissed on myself and even the teacher made fun of me haha. But to to be honest it was somewhat too optomistic. Until we take over the world then, spread AO everywhere.

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Let's meet everyone (not creepy!)

Quote Originally Posted by WishIcouldlivemore View Post
    Well we could just meet each other over webcams haha. It's just that living in a place where people don't really get you is hard and the internet solves that and everything but you just seem like you're wasting time when you could be meeting people no offence to anyone by the way if it helps those who were offended this one time in the fourth grade I pissed on myself and even the teacher made fun of me haha. But to to be honest it was somewhat too optomistic. Until we take over the world then, spread AO everywhere.
    your lack of punctuation and pissing anecdote offend me more than this topic ^_^;

just to reiterate its better to meet up with friends that you've developed relationships with and whom you trust. Not to mention when its financially viable if you have to travel far.

I've met up with a couple of online friends and had great experiences. I think it would've soured the experience if it had been a mass gathering.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

aww i would this this idea would be quite cool ^^ i have not met any ao members other than tifa4cloud, teenage tragity and fluff n pink its only because i referred them here and we go to school togther well tifa don't go anymore but still ^^ i was ment to meet hold me X me when i was in england but she couldn't get down ... shame ..... but ill see her next time ^^ hehe but i think this would be a cool idea ^^

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that this is an awsome idea...dont you think that this could be a non profit orginisation.

Tanks zyta

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast