+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's meet everyone (not creepy!)

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Let's meet everyone (not creepy!)

"shrugs her shoulders".....sounds like a good idea to me......but kind of hard to accomplish...
    I made a few close friends here....but none of them live near me......I would love to meet them in person......but it is too complicated and to me it would be kind of weird........unless I really liked and trusted that person..........that I would say that it would be safer for me to be friends with them online....then actually meet them..........sorry....but I am not a very social person.......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

i love the idea. Its really good.
    And i like what hiei9957 suggest. That it could be a non profit orginization.
    of course not alot of people would actully give money for a bunch of anime peeps to meet each other. XD

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Newbie WishIcouldlivemore is off to a good start WishIcouldlivemore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evol View Post
    your lack of punctuation and pissing anecdote offend me more than this topic ^_^;

just to reiterate its better to meet up with friends that you've developed relationships with and whom you trust. Not to mention when its financially viable if you have to travel far.

I've met up with a couple of online friends and had great experiences. I think it would've soured the experience if it had been a mass gathering.
    Evol I'm sorry I don't live up to your standards but listen sometimes it's better just to be a kid bro I'm 16 so come on live a little with me and everyone who's happy at this moment.

Yeah of course it would be non profit otherwise people would think it was a scam but hey maybe someone on this website is uber rich and likes the idea or maybe someone wants to sell their artwork to make money as long as we really want to do it let's atleast try it and don't be afraid to think outside the box even if you look stupid,I'm a prime example of that but hey we're young.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

uh... I don't think any government in the world is ready to recognize a bunch of dorks watching anime as an "NPO", much less fund international airfare for them to get together.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Let's meet everyone(not creepy!)

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    It would be great to meet people... but seeing as it's an international site and none of us are made of money: it isn't going to happen.

But hey, if anyone wants to fly their butts to Japan: I'm willing to hang out with them.

Quite a few of us from the old AO ~have~ met. Though it took years and our own initiative to accomplish.

I've met Sedka, Tych, and Keiichi when they came to Japan... I keep just missing Ewdi in Osaka... I've met up with Trunks and Jin in the US... I've had phone conversations with C.C. and Caz... lunch with some random kids here and there who's handles I don't remember.

Other AO-ites went on a trip to Otakon together once...

It's more an issue of HAVING friends already and then deciding you want to go visit them or finding out people are nearby and meeting up.

The likelihood of everyone meeting up at a single event in a single place is... well... non-existant. And since it would likely be in the US: everyone in Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa, Canada South America, Central America and the Middle East would be left out of the loop anyway.
    I'm made of money! I'll fly to Japan! Yeah, right. I wish. LOL.

Ya gotta admit though, it's a great idea. But as Tsurara said, it's damn near impossible. There are and have been way too many users from all over the globe within just the 3.09 years I've been here. (Yes, I used a decimal point! ) So, it would be pretty tough to gather that many people in one spot. Plus, a strategic location would have to be agreed upon. Nobody's gonna meet anyone halfway, because it's in the middle of the ocean, LOL.

Newbie WishIcouldlivemore is off to a good start WishIcouldlivemore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Let's meet everyone(not creepy!)

Yeah the government would laugh at us if we asked them. We could probably just writte to each other and i mean with postal addresses and send stuff to one another and all that jazz.

Hey tsurara I hope you're ok about that racial slur you encountered and by the way your avatar and banner are really nice, they make me remember why go into watching anime so nice one.

Newbie xamina is off to a good start xamina's Avatar
    Thanks

wow... I think this would be a great idea.. meeting everyone in AO would be amazing.... but the fact that we live at different countries will be the hindrance of it... and not only we live at different countries but i'm sure some of us cant afford to buy plane tickets or enough money to go to a specific place... but i hope that idea will happen sooner or later...

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

That's really a great Idea but Im in Europe and Im about to move my a$$ to Ingland to finish my college, that mean I will spend more money than usual so I cant!!!! LOL maybe next summer he he...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast