Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mod of the month?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mod of the month?

Because congratulating ourselves is always productive in the public-relations war :P

No one likes being caught doing something wrong. Not everyone agrees they've done anything wrong at all. Not all of us check our personalities at the door or put on our "nice" hats.

That's why the mods get flack.

If you think the members give us ****: you should see the **** we give each other.

If anything, we should welcome it.

Drama is entertaining... and adversity is a fact of life.

Some of the best of friends are made in flames.

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

but why would it just be mod cant it be member or com.member or elite member or veteran or gallerymod of the month

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

you guys aren't getting the point here. We aren't a high school here, we don't run popularity contests.

If we ran a contest like that, who do you think would win? The popular people.

I don't think thats fair.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I would argue that we do run popularity contests (judging by a lot of the SoTW voting), encourage cliques (Zoints), and build up appearance-based judgements (our most popular gallery seems to be devoted to young people taking pictures of themselves in mirrors and collecting "Yum you're so hawt" comments) :P

Though I would agree that making any official vehicle for staff to pat themselves on the back would be taking things to the extreme.

If there is a problem with user-staff relations, they should be addressed with more than "distractions". If the users -genuinely- hate us: there must be a reason.

But I'm not convinced they do.

Point 1) People don't come to boring forums for very long.
    Point 2) People don't learn anything or change through interactions with people just like them who agree with everything they say.
    Point 3) The world is not fair and no one is perfect. This is a reality of the world as a whole. A forum's as good a place as any other to learn it.

As long as the mods -attempt- to be fair, do what they believe is right and hold a genuine affection for the site... I'm not sure there's a problem at all.

If people want to complain about it: let them...

We don't need to all panic and institute group-hug time to counteract this imaginary wave of discontent.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, i see many of you disagree on having a Mod of the month contest. Didn't we used to have this sort of contests back in the days? I remember Hassun winning something though i can't remember what it was.

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    wow, i see many of you disagree on having a Mod of the month contest. Didn't we used to have this sort of contests back in the days? I remember Hassun winning something though i can't remember what it was.
    Hmmm... I can remember Hassun winning a game in the Arcade or something, but that's been awhile. He had the most highest score ever, a game with a rabbit or something ^_^".

I guess this Mod thing isn't the best thing to do. It's not really about the reputation the mods have, cause like you all know... Mods aren't here to just "entertain us". They are here to keep the forum clean, plus... it depends on their personality if they wanna be nice or not.

And besides, they all have a reputation here already, they're all popular because their active on the forum and everybody knows them. You can see their names everywhere, plus... They keep AO standing and kill those who avoid the rules. But that's just my opinion, I don't really care about which mod is the coolest and which one is the biggest ***** XD, who cares, we all have fun right? Let's keep it that way haha.

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

mm i dont think it would be a good idea. Like everyone else has said it would be a popularity contest.
    And who cares which mod is most liked. It matters what is being done on AO and not who likes which mod the most.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku aeonking is off to a good start
    Thanks

Ok I see the point in not having one now. Yes as i'm sure all the popular Mods would get the votes so yeah not fair at all.

Thanks for helping me see the light.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast