Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderator Feedback Thread

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Moderator Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    what is it with you people and law enforcement?

..yes, it does happen at the same time but in my case it didn't.
    I had violated a signature rule, so I recieved an infraction. I hadn't logged back at AO for two days after that (not aware of the sig violation) and when I tried to log back into AO it said I was BANNED! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN........

Thank you Mods! Greatjob!

One moderator had given me an infraction.
    And another had given me another for the same reason, which was if I may quote:

"Signature still contains profanity. Please change it if you wish to continue participating in this community."

I HADN'T EVEN LOGGED IN YET PEOPLE!!
    so how could I have changed my signature?!

ALL i'm saying is that mods make mistakes, and they don't realize it sometimes. SO, in order for them NOT to make the same mistake again, I am telling you.

DON'T DO IT.
    You have 2000+ post and you mean to tell me you didn't know before hand not to put profanity in your sig. Even a newb like Umbriel will laugh at your "mistake". And yeah that sounds about right...you get 48 hours to change your sig...You just happened to decide to not log on at a bad time.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

we're human, just like you, we will make mistakes, hell, I've made my fair share, and we'll continue to make them simply because we are human and are not perfect.

The thing about double infractions (and SasuraiHell got this wrong), the normal thing to happen is one of the infractions is reversed.

as for the double infraction for the Profanity in your signature (I was the one who gave it too you), you shouldn't have put it in there in the first place, so, sorry, I got no sympathy for you, considering you got a Warning for it first, and then when I saw you online the same day and posting A FULL SIX HOURS AFTER you got the warning (Which you should have gotten a Private message for), you still had not changed it, so you got an infraction.

My suggestion to you is to turn the Notification Pop up for private messages on when you log in, that way, you won't miss the fact you got a private message.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    You have 2000+ post and you mean to tell me you didn't know before hand not to put profanity in your sig. Even a newb like Umbriel will laugh at your "mistake". And yeah that sounds about right...you get 48 hours to change your sig...You just happened to decide to not log on at a bad time.
    hey, i miss the little things.
    and what, that's a rule?

48hrs, and someone else is allowed to give another infraction?
    EVEN if a member was already given an infraction for that same reason?!

Well gee, going back to your precious police justice system, that's like arresting someone twice..

we need to change some laws.

we're human, just like you, we will make mistakes, hell, I've made my fair share, and we'll continue to make them simply because we are human and are not perfect.

The thing about double infractions (and SasuraiHell got this wrong), the normal thing to happen is one of the infractions is reversed.

as for the double infraction for the Profanity in your signature (I was the one who gave it too you), you shouldn't have put it in there in the first place, so, sorry, I got no sympathy for you, considering you got a Warning for it first, and then when I saw you online the same day and posting A FULL SIX HOURS AFTER you got the warning (Which you should have gotten a Private message for), you still had not changed it, so you got an infraction.
    You honestly think that me being a member for HOW MANY YEARS will get an infraction for something and then NOT do anything to change it?!

...Yes, I'm human but I'm no idiot.
    Honestly.

OBVIOUSLY I didn't recieve a warning, and OBVIOUSLY I hadn't logged in to see it.
    Or did it ever occur to you that I just DIDN'T check my PM box that day?

I didn't just wake up and say, "Oh.. well I believe I got an infraction today. Let me go check out my inbox."

No.
    not really.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    OBVIOUSLY I didn't recieve a warning, and OBVIOUSLY I hadn't logged in to see it.

I didn't just wake up and say, "Oh.. well I believe I got an infraction today. Let me go check out my inbox."

No.
    not really.
    Ummm... Yes you did...
     click to show spoiler

and if you left your settings on default as well, you would have gotten an email telling you that you got a private message as well.

so, again, no sympathy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Ummm... Yes you did...
     click to show spoiler

and if you left your settings on default as well, you would have gotten an email telling you that you got a private message as well.

so, again, no sympathy.
    I'm not asking for your sympathy. And I'm sorry., did you miss the part in my previous post which clearly said:

It's not my fault that you decided to give me an infraction because you thought I was being a smartass and defying AO's rules. I respect DB and the things he says we can and cannot do. YES I have broken some rules, and not intentionally. HOWEVER, I do not go around being ignorant, a term you moderators should be so familiar with by now, and purposely ignore DB's rules.

SO;
    like i said.
    I AM NOT looking for your sympathy. I'm not asking for it. And I'd appreciate it if you'd stop accusing me of ignoring guidance from previous mods.

Thanks

Yes, it did occur to me, but like I said in one of my last posts (Had you actually read it), you were online when I gave you the infraction, and you had already posted after you got the warning, so you got an infraction.
    "Not checking your PM inbox" is not an excuse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Yes, it did occur to me, but like I said in one of my last posts (Had you actually read it), you were online when I gave you the infraction, and you had already posted after you got the warning, so you got an infraction.

"Not checking your PM inbox" is not an excuse.
    WHAT are you talking about?!!!

what does it matter that i had already posted when i got the infraction?!
    How does that imply that I read my inbox?!

If you get a warning, you get a pm.
    If you don't check your pm's, you don't read the warning.

You don't read the warning.. you continue posting, UNAWARE of the violation.

You know what, it doesn't matter anymore. really.
    Because when you do this to another member, they're going to complain.

And maybe THEN it will set in your brain that you need to cool down with the infractions.

Really, I don't care anymore. This is a moderator feedback thread, and I said what I had to say.
    Didn't think I'd hurt your feelings.

I'll be a little more sincere when posting and I won't use quotes.

Thanks

Like I said, "not checking your PM box" is not an excuse, Just like "I haven't read the rules" isn't an excuse, now, lets move on to another topic please, since we've already explained why you got the infraction, I'm sure other people would like to give their feed back.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast