Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Feedback Thread

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Moderator Feedback Thread

Well lets see,

Are the mods going a good Job?

I would say yes, you guys and galls are doing a good job here,
    and it is not easy.

Are the mods doing anything wrong?

I would have to say yes!
    the same as another said, the quality of posts.

What can the mods do to improve AO?

Well that is the easiest question, Nothing much, AO if great, It is not perfect but it is great.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    I'm sorry, i really, REALLY don't mean to preach like that, but i don't want to see any of the members. ANY member... leave because some of the punishments were out of proportion.

^^\ My two cents plus a couple dollars.
    These are the Infractions that can be given to a member, how many points they are worth, and how long the points last:

Duplicate Thread / Post 10pts 7 Day(s)
    Ignoring Section Rules 10pts 7 Day(s)
    Inappropriate Language 10pts 7 Day(s)
    Multiple Accounts 10pts 7 Day(s)
    Signature Rule Violation 10pts 7 Day(s)
    Vague, Low Quality Post 10pts 7 Day(s)
    Pseudo Modding 20pts 7 Day(s)
    Double Posting 25pts 7 Day(s)
    General Spamming 25pts 7 Day(s)
    Plagiarised Content 25pts 7 Day(s)
    Posting in Dead Topics 25pts 7 Day(s)
    Inappropriate Image Upload 30pts 7 Day(s)
    Requesting / Posting Objectionable Links 30pts 7 Day(s)
    Insulting Members 35pts 7 Day(s)
    Spammed Advertisements 35pts 7 Day(s)

The two most common rules broken here by new members is the Vague low quality thread infraction, and Posting in dead Topics. Half of our work is just cleaning up the forums because people are just too lazy to read the rules.

Also, most of the staff give out warnings to members who do not have 100 posts yet, but that normally only happens once. People with more then a 100 posts should know better.

It is very rare that we give out the larger 30 and 35 point infraction, but we do give them out on occasion.

It is a common misconception on the web that the internet is a free place where you can do what ever you want and damn the consequences. That just isn't the case. Use of the site is a Privilege, not a right, and that privilege is given to you with only one thing asked of you: Follow the Rules. This site is privately owned and Dragon Ball has the right to run it how he sees fit, and choose whats allowed and whats not allowed, and who gets to use the site, and who doesn't.

Are some of our rules a little tough? Maybe, but it could be a hell of a lot worse, we could be like the GaiaOnline forums where there's no real rules to speak of, causing pure pandemonium, where the Spam Threads rule supreme and where 14 year olds fight each other for lunch money.

Anime Online is what it is because we run a tight ship here, we keep the crap out and the quality in, which is how we've been around as long as we have.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    I had always thought it was good; Mods were helpful in many ways, kept the site going with creative ideas, seemed like the perfect enviornment to come online to after school or work.

that is until i saw the last few replies.

now it seems like there are instances were some of the mods are a little too power hungry and eager to give out infractions. cracking down hard (again i'm going by the above replies) on some helpful posts or a slightly outdated thread only says to me that creativity and growth among the members in themselves and for others will be limited greatly if we're too scared to say our mind in a productive manner or help a new member so they won't get the infraction.
    Rules are rules, so cracking down is simply cracking down. By the way, to reiterate zyta, you are welcome to add something to a topic. However if it is over 14 days, you must create a new thread. We just want to keep things relatively fresh, not trying to stunt people from participating. Just thought we clear that up in case anyone didn't read the rules.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

What are we doing right?
    What are we doing wrong?
    How can we be more helpful to the general AO population?

1._ Wha are you doing right...? um....well uh...(not gonna answer that one)
    2._ What are you doing wrng? (Now thats my kinda question) Well lets look at it this way. you guys are WAY to strict. do nto try to deny it ya just are. You take things over the edge before making a smart move. My infraction for example on the ripping thing. i got a infraction because my wallpaper was (similar) to aceman's wallpaper. now thats just a but stupid i think. throwing out infractions bc somethin is similar and still didnt have any proof.

You all need to be more lineant seriousy. your o tight to strict and it makes AO a non-enjoyable place for me. i dont like it here as much as i used to. im not about to be like most members around here and kiss staff ass so that i can get in good with them. its not liek i havent noticed that they do itall the time.

Get off your high horse. sorry but most the staff are like power-hungry wolves.

How can you make AO a better place: ADD MORE CONTENT!!! (preferably graphics)
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xelhes View Post
    What are we doing right?
    What are we doing wrong?

1._ Wha are you doing right...? um....well uh...(not gonna answer that one)
    2._ What are you doing wrng? (Now thats my kinda question) Well lets look at it this way. you guys are WAY to strict. do nto try to deny it ya just are. You take things over the edge before making a smart move. My infraction for example on the ripping thing. i got a infraction because my wallpaper was (similar) to aceman's wallpaper. now thats just a but stupid i think. throwing out infractions bc somethin is similar and still didnt have any proof.

You all need to be more lineant seriousy. your o tight to strict and it makes AO a non-enjoyable place for me. i dont like it here as much as i used to. im not about to be like most members around here and kiss staff ass so that i can get in good with them. its not liek i havent noticed that they do itall the time.

Get off your high horse. sorry but most the staff are like power-hungry wolves.

How can you make AO a better place: ADD MORE CONTENT!!! (preferably graphics)
    Why don't you just say something about what we are doing right?? surly there must be something Xehles.

As for the rules, they are there for a reason. Like every where you go there will always be rules yet you seem to complain nicely when it involves forum rules. As members of staff we are here to ensure that members will be kept safe and that we are able to enforce the rules so that there will not be any ill matters between members but that everyone will be treated equally.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

What are we doing right?
    What are we doing wrong?

you are doing a great job at keeping quality posting up and
    crappy posting down its been a good while since i have seen anything stupid
    or just plane out ofmplace here i really like how the mods and admin are really
    keep the forums streight.

the only thing i can see is that only 2 or 3 mods are being acitive on AO
    one that was mad a mod that joined AO was really active but when
    they made mod the became less active , to me be being a mod means being active
    in the community i mean thats how they became mods and super mods because they
    were active but once they became mods they got laxed and hardly post.

and you know who you are when i say this but i would like to see the mods
    more active than they are even some of the mods from 2004 who havnt made
    any real threads or are just being invisable if there giving the mods job they should
    show more activity than they are.

the mods could be more helpful by being more active instead if only having
    2 or 3 mods doing the job of the mods who dont post interact or even give infractions
    andi ahve seen who the active mods are and they really do a great job , but it would
    helpfull if all the mods who were apointed would actually to there mods jobs or give the posisition up thats just my opinon since only 3 mods really only do the mod jobs.

and f you look at the thread posted or thread that are moded you will only
    see 2 oe 3 mods saying anything or trying to keep themselves active why have the
    job if you cant mod like you should? the mods i have seem doing there job are kciking ass
    i just want to see more mod activity from all who were giving the mods job.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

@ HolderOfTheDarkChalice

The only problem with that is to be a mod means that there are loads of things you do that the regular members never see. None of which have to do with posting and a lot of which takes time away from being able to post or being all that visible on the boards. Just because a mod isn’t creating threads or posting on the normal boards doesn’t mean they aren’t active. Could they be more active on the boards? Maybe, but they have lives off of AO as well and their AO projects may take up all their AO time, do you know how much time it takes going through the gallery and re-tagging images…hundreds even thousands of images? Why? So when you search the gallery you can actually find something! Tis just one example of things most members don't seem but items mods do for AO.

Personally, I try to help out in all areas of AO and I do things like hosting the GFX battles just to have a “face” to the regular members, but there are projects I am working on for AO which really deserve more of my time and much more beneficial in the long run than posts or threads. So yes, I don’t post threads or post in threads as much as someone who is a normal member but that doesn’t mean I am not doing my job as a mod. It is the same for the other mods as well.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

What are we doing right? ummm being supportive...I guess
    What are we doing wrong? Oh boy..do you want a long list of things or a giant one with explanitions?
    How can we be more helpful to the general AO population? Let's see...ummm..again do you want me to be concisece(sp?) or elaborate more?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast