Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Feedback Thread

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Moderator Feedback Thread

what are the mods doing right?-they have kept great activeness in the community and kept it alive
    what are we doing wrong-i want to know why they say that they cant read and they edit it.well then why the heck is it here i like this color.

but other than that.... YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!
    Yeah, Bye.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I believe all in all that you "guys" do a great job.

It can't be easy playing Big Brother over all us miscreants, lol...
    Seriously, you all do a tremendous amount of work. I have been so happy here. I spend (literally) all my free time here. My G_d I have taken to eating meals at my computer. that is a thing I thought I would never do.

You have to watch that nothing BAD is going on, while trying to be sure that everyone has a good time. There are many rules you need to remember, and the site is evolving all the time, and I am sure that gives you even more to supervise.

I had a little glitch with the computer that caused an accidental double posting. I explained it right away. Ok so I admit I may have (perhaps) whined a bit, but the moderator was very nice and fair about it.

The only thing I had a problem with... well not so much a problem, but perhaps I could have received a warning first... When I first joined I did double post; I'm not sure if I just forgot about that rule, or if I just misunderstood it; well I was thinking as a newbie, couldn't we get a freebie warning instead of an infraction. It is a lot to remember, and being newbies we do get excited. But I'm sure that would be difficult watching who's had a warning, and who has not. Forget the suggestion.

The moderator who slap my hand for that was very nice about it. I didn't get upset, or snotty about it. In fact I was a bit ashamed I had done something wrong. I wrote and apologized right away. To my surprise they not only responded, but were very kind and helpful. I appreciated that greatly. It made me feel more at home.

Perhaps we do not say thank you enough. Maybe some members never say it.

Well listen here all moderators.... I APPRECIATE YOU ALL! Keep up the good work, and thanks!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

We typically only give warnings to anyone under 100 posts who has joined recently...but it depends on the situation and number of rules/times they are breaking. For example you were given a warning, not an infraction but a warning for your double post due to the fact you hadn't done anything else wrong previously and you were new

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

yeah like Chiefy said, there are warnings that are given out to members who have low posts. However, sometimes there may be a case were some mods, mostly myself tend to feel that the double post/junk post/ low quality post needs to be more than a warning and gives an infraction instead. Just as a push rather than an nudge to read the forum rules. Its only a different approach to getting people to read the rules.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

It's still a wonder that people have to be "pushed" to read the rules. I mean, thats the standard line thrown out at everyone on the introduction forums, not to mention that the link to the rules is all bright yellow and such. I find even myself re re-reading things from time to time making sure that I dont trip up or anything. Wouldn't want to look like a jerk telling others to read the rules, and then breaking a few myself.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    It's still a wonder that people have to be "pushed" to read the rules. I mean, thats the standard line thrown out at everyone on the introduction forums, not to mention that the link to the rules is all bright yellow and such. I find even myself re re-reading things from time to time making sure that I dont trip up or anything. Wouldn't want to look like a jerk telling others to read the rules, and then breaking a few myself.
    If you think that's funny, you should see some of the messages the staffs get after issuing warnings and infractions. Not only do they not read the rules, they would rather drop a few bombs and make a few jokes about my momma. Good times...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Aww legend I don't get that. I had one member asking if they could reverse the infraction that I gave them because they didn't see what was wrong about their post. Made me laugh because they did break a rule and tried to get around it.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

[Descended From Darkness: What are we doing wrong? Oh boy..do you want a long list of things or a giant one with explanations?]

I'm sorry did I miss the list???? Man, I feel for you "guys".

You miss out on some things because you have to keep order in our little world here. Then some people have the nerve to give you cr_p for not being more visible. I look at who's here when I get on, and check off and on while I am here. I like seeing all your names there. It shows me you are active. Just cause you don't comment on everything doesn't mean your not reading what we post and such.

I like it when you do post a response to something I've said. Makes me feel like... Wow, they really took the time not just to read something I said, but they also took the time out to respond. Even if you disagree with what I may have said, doesn't matter, it keeps the conversation (thread) going. Plus sometimes you guys add something really great that gives a whole added level within the thread. And I like it when you poke fun at someone, even me. I don't enjoy it as much when it's me, but I do enjoy it.

I have to watch over children all day. Not real children, just adult pains in the a_s (can I say that?) who can't seem to use communication, follow the rules (funny that huh), keep things neat and orderly, etc. I know some idiots do things just because I have OCD and they know it drives me nuts! I can't imagine doing that all day, and then coming here to do it in your free time. We guys do not get enough credit. I have not been here long, but I don't see what you're doing wrong that would produce a long list.

As a matter of fact I know I've sent some of your guys PMs asking questions, I know you've been asked zillions of times, and I would no doubt find the answer if I went looking. Yet you still humor me, and all except 2 queries were answered, and done nicely. Being new is a little over whelming... so much to remember and do. It's nice you still take a moment to help guide us.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast