Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: In Mods we trust.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: In Mods we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    The biggest and best thing you could ever do for us is make our days easier. And to do that all you need to do is Read and follow the rules; if you do that, you will never have to force us to do the things we don't like to do, like issue infractions and ban people.
    and after a few beatings in my early days, i've come to know and respect this law, haha.

One thing i have done is when i am issued an infraction, i contact my punisher with an apology. not a "wtf i didnt do that."

I feel if you are punished, do what i do. Aceman has recieved many ones from me saying things like "Crap, i need to open my eyes more! Sorr for that, won;t happen again"

So if you do make their lives harder, at least let them know you understand your mistake.
    Why hello there!

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSara View Post
    in other sites the mods or admins are like duh don't disturb but here ............................ approachable. and i promise am trying my best to behave.
    well we are humans just like the next member. The only reason why we the staff are so infamous is because some people just do not like being told they've broken the rules they've agreed to when signing up. its amazing!

power trips....what kind of human being gets a jolly out of that?

The only real place where members can express their unconditional love is on the boards, by posting within the rules(which are unnaturally simple and easy to follow....you can sum up ao's rules in one phrase; "be easy") you can easily appease the anger of the mods.

[yay im slowing coming back to life]

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Such obedient children you've become...I'm proud of you all. Seems like we indoctrinated you well!
    So instead of banning, you guys could have like AO death camps... Bet nobody'd break the rules then...........

Anyway, I was just trying to give you Mods a place to revel in praise, in between dishing out infactions and having to deal with members that feel victimized.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Break the rules children! For were it not for our idiotcy, the concept of moderators would not exist. Therefore do not celebrate the efficiency of members with elevated priviledges that are to be used for enforcing a set of etiquettes, but rather yourselves for acting irrationally and therefore giving your mods a purpose.

On a more serious note, the mods here are pretty good, they're surprisingly level-headed and fair, and AO would not be where it is today without them. I'd also like to thank Peach_follows for the idea of making this suck-up thread. It's always wise to appease the gods, er, I mean mods.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I resent that... Being called a suck up. It couldn't just be that I'm grateful when a mod closes a lousy thread, stops a plagiarizer, or repremands members who use poor conduct (including myself on occasion)?

I mean really... what do I have to gain by sucking up. I am already pretty f*cking great (both on AO and in daily life), and I established that without any special treatment from Mods.

Y'know...after being mocked on the issue... I should perhaps retract the idea. Apparently it makes no difference to the staff here. Also apparent that a decent person can't come up with thoughtful ideas without being made a fool of.

So yeah.... Forgive me..... Lets all go back to being selfish as*holes. The Mods can just continue their work, with their reputations of being annoying nit-pickers. And all members can resume their persuit of higher post counts, and credits (So we can have a psuedo sense of importance). No one has to give recognition to anyone for their efforts... because y'know......no one can afford to be viewed as a brown noser... right?
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

We may be mods, but we don't enjoy administrating punishment to those who have earned it, but you have to think...

We were not allways staff. We were members just like you. I've only been staff here since June 06. The majority of the staff came here for the very same reasons alot of you have: A combined love of anime.

Lastly, before I close this thread to stave off a possible flame war:

Dark, best stop before you get your self in actual trouble. Your foot must be really tastey right now.

And Peach, watch your language. We do not allow such language, even when you make a poor attempt at censoring it.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2