+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: More Freedom for Newbies?

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: More Freedom for Newbies?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    I doubt anything will come out of this, but we could remake the whole system to this:
    • Custom Avatar: Standard for all new members
    • Custom [picture] Signature: 15 posts (used to be given standard for all new members)
    • Custom Titles: 50 posts
    • RPG: 75 posts + Two weeks
    • Arcade: 100 posts
    • Gallery: 150 posts
    • Flashchat: 200 posts

I think it's almost time to get rid of the fav thread rule too...
    I actually like this system. lol far less complicated.
    Though i would change the custom titles (i always felt this was a very important little tidbit...we cant monitor them XD)
    All else seems pretty darn fair.

unrelated note: Legend...stupid sig it made laugh along with the caption. good stuff.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    I actually like this system. lol far less complicated.
    Though i would change the custom titles (i always felt this was a very important little tidbit...we cant monitor them XD)
    All else seems pretty darn fair.

unrelated note: Legend...stupid sig it made laugh along with the caption. good stuff.
    I didn't make it lol, it was a scan that was uploaded by Tsurara. But I'm glad my stupid joke about the baby daddy didn't go to waste.

What do you mean by changing the custom title?? Do you mean imposing a large post requirement?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt anything will come out of this, but we could remake the whole system to this:
    • Custom [picture] Signature: 15 posts (used to be given standard for all new members)

I like the system it is easy on members who want to chat and if your loyal enough and post well you can gain access to the more better things we have to offer.

And the custom title is the test right under your avatar, for example mine says " KamiKun ".

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

I think both sides make very good arguments. Back when I first joined, there weren't any limits on the avatars. Compare then to now, that is pretty much about the only thing that is different. The gallery is the same (community member), and the arcades and flash chat was not even around. So it's hard to give "more freedom" than what is available now.

At the same time, I want the staff to remember that today's post count to achieve community member is 75 posts more. Someone also mentioned that community membership was chosen by the staff members and I believed that is true (not sure). To be fair to the members, if they were really cared about the quality of threads before posting in them there really is not much posting opportunities right now on the forum. Introduction/Poem sections have post count turned off.

I am not saying to make it a fire sale, but I think maybe we could finally loosen things up or at least redo the system. This system currently in place is because of the previous regime, leaving most of the members addicted to spam. They were, in essence crack babies that can't stop spamming. Today a lot of them are already gone, even though one or two are still here (we know who they are).

I like that idea, and perhaps you could make it possible for a member to loose acces to things like the gallery etc if he hasnt posted in a while? For instance if he hasnt posted in say 1 week, he starts loosing credits. After maybe 2weeks/a month when his credits are 0, he could loose features like acces to the gallery/chat etc. That would force leechers to contribute to some degree at least or at least stop using resources.

and yes, please give us avatars. i can accept not being able to have an siggy or acces to the entire gallery(meaning nerf it. for instance make it so initially you only have acces to the anime section. 200 posts=add scans/render section, 250= add whatever is left etc etc) but having a custom avatar is the first step towards a more unique posting style. i say avatar at 10 and signatures at 50 posts. I find it rather ridiculous that we can use pictures in our signature but not have a custom avatar :P it should be the other way around imo.
    Last edited by Remagine; Apr 19, 2008 at 03:19 AM.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm really surprised that no one has even given any real thought to how to Attract new members. Changing when particular things come into effect won't attract new members.

Most people come to forums because of the discussions that take place in them. And has its been stated before, people aren't posting as much, so lowering the requirements for different features WILL NOT increase the ammount posts on the forum, since they're not enough to encourage people to post anyways in their current settings.

And the biggest tool that we have to attract new members is Word of Mouth. This place won't grow if people don't talk about the site.

I for one vote for none of the existing features change except one: Increase the reward for referals. Right now, you only get a credit multiplier.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Well there wasn't much talk on how to attract new members cause this topic was made to help maintain our already new members and or members.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I'm really surprised that no one has even given any real thought to how to Attract new members. Changing when particular things come into effect won't attract new members.

Most people come to forums because of the discussions that take place in them. And has its been stated before, people aren't posting as much, so lowering the requirements for different features WILL NOT increase the ammount posts on the forum, since they're not enough to encourage people to post anyways in their current settings.

And the biggest tool that we have to attract new members is Word of Mouth. This place won't grow if people don't talk about the site.

I for one vote for none of the existing features change except one: Increase the reward for referals. Right now, you only get a credit multiplier.
    Yes, but I would like to reiterate that we really don’t have trouble attracting new members. We’re always getting new members. The trouble seems to be in getting them to stay as Violent just mentioned.

But than again if we attract more members to the site than there is more of a chance that someone will join and become an active member so you bring up a legitimate point. One thing I think would help as well is to have it one of the first sites to show up when you put in anime forum. That's how I found this site because I remember I was searching for a forum so that I could talk about my anime obsession because where I live anime is just not very popular. When I put that in it was one of the top three to come up. For some reason that doesn't happen anymore.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Apr 19, 2008 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Wanted to add something.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

So you guys are basically asking to bring back the old AO system. I remember the old system was more newbie friendly than the system we have now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast