Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name changes

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Name changes

Alright im not sure if many people will agree with me but. A idea crossed my path a few weeks ago well actually a few months ago i just never got around to posting it till now. on a nother forum i go to. it has a rule were once you hit 1000 post you are able to inquire about a Name change. but only once you cant do it ever agin its permenent. I for one support this idea bc i had my named changed on alot of forums because. once you start on forums namly a anime or game form 9 times outa 10 your username will be something fanboy ish or fangirl is like naruto1988 -_- or kagome girl or w/e For that matter they gave name changes so if you didnt like your username you could always do away with it. I have alrady taken advangtage of that and well i thought why not add somethin ot the veterans than a extra perk i mean im not a vet but ive been here LONG enough and have over 1000 post so why not allow the name changes.

I just think its a overall good idea. and someone is probably saying. it will lead to confusion. idk how it would bc the name changes take place in the announcment thread and there names are there from what they used to be to what they are now. So that debate is nul-and-void. So DB im asking you PLEASE think about it. this is a serious request on my behalf. O and ps...Did you ever get a answer about the Signature size issue
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Name changes

Animeonline Did one have an option to change their display name with the vPlaza but really I don't see the need to have your name changed as it will only confuse members and not allow us to fully recognise who you are because you changed your name. There was one member who kept changing his name and it confused everyone on the forum. So I don't know if it is a good idea.

Of course having something different for loyal members is a good idea, its just hard to think what would work.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

In addition to Sazzy's concerns, it would also be putting a lot of work on staff, as there are more than a few members who have over 1,000 posts. DB alone would be flooded with PMs about name changes. And to make an announcement every time someone changes their username...it would get out of control, and create more useless spam with responses like "I like your new name!"
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

It's too bad, because if it could be under control, it would be a good idea.

But, this probably couldn't be contained and it would only cause needless complications.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats just the issue...see You dont PM about it. there is a thread in the annoucnement area that says Name changes. you put your currnet username then your desierd username thats it. that way DB doesnt have to deal with PM's from members
    In addition to Sazzy's concerns, it would also be putting a lot of work on staff, as there are more than a few members who have over 1,000 posts. DB alone would be flooded with PMs about name changes. And to make an announcement every time someone changes their username...it would get out of control, and create more useless spam with responses like "I like your new name!"
    You have apparently mis understood what i said by announcement thread. You dont make a announcement every time someone gets a name change -_- its a thread inside the announcement forum thats what i ment. and with there being not many members with over 1000 post then thats good just a reward for doing so well.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    Thats just the issue...see You dont PM about it. there is a thread in the annoucnement area that says Name changes. you put your currnet username then your desierd username thats it. that way DB doesnt have to deal with PM's from members

You have apparently mis understood what i said by announcement thread. You dont make a announcement every time someone gets a name change -_- its a thread inside the announcement forum thats what i ment. and with there being not many members with over 1000 post then thats good just a reward for doing so well.
    Apparently.

Still, even if the thread was set up as you say, a staff member would have to go through, decide who deserves "a reward", and change each of those names individually. It's still a lot of work, and how do you propose we tell those who don't deserve it that they aren't getting their desired username? Anyone who's denied will whine and b**** about how unfair it is, and frankly, I don't want to have to hear it.

And inevitably, there will be those who aren't even close to 1,000 posts but will still request a name change, creating more posts to go through and more replies from staff. In my opinion, it just isn't worth the hassle. But DB has final word, so we'll just have to see what he says.

What's so wrong with the name you have now anyway?
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Thanks

Why would you do that. the point is not Picking and choosing. its just once you reach 1000 post you get that reward. i mean what else is there for 1000 post besides a different user image. (just to be blunt) And the username i have now ive hated since about a few months ago because its to fanish my other sn that i use is Xelhes. a created screen name from no game anime or what have you.

And its just rules. if those with less than 1000 post want a username thats to bad they just gotta READ RULES if you dont have 1000 post or more do not even inquire about a new username. it works very well at the forum i am speaking of if you want to see what i mean with your eyes PM me yourslef. il be happy to show you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    Why would you do that. the point is not Picking and choosing. its just once you reach 1000 post you get that reward. i mean what else is there for 1000 post besides a different user image. (just to be blunt) And the username i have now ive hated since about a few months ago because its to fanish my other sn that i use is Xelhes. a created screen name from no game anime or what have you.

And its just rules. if those with less than 1000 post want a username thats to bad they just gotta READ RULES if you dont have 1000 post or more do not even inquire about a new username. it works very well at the forum i am speaking of if you want to see what i mean with your eyes PM me yourslef. il be happy to show you
    Whether or not I see the forum you speak of is irrelevant. AO is the forum in question, and I just don't think it's a good idea here, at least not in the way you've presented it. But my opinion is just that--opinion; as I said, it's DB's decision.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast