+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Gallery Section

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

New Gallery Section

Well I was thinking, the pictures here on AO are pretty good and there seems to be a great number of people who enjoy collecting hundreds on images just to have them... but there's no section for real life images.

I think it would be killer to have a section for posting images of people and other stuff like objects. It would provide a wider selection possibly for those inclined to graphics or those who like looking.

Another idea got me... what about a c4d/fractal gallery too? I know I use them, so it stands to reason that others do too. I'm sure if credit is doled out there would be no problem posting them.

How 'bout it?
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Gallery Section

i dont think devoting a section to c4d is a good choice.

how any of yous actually make c4d's?, i did for awhile but then ave up because i have no use for them. I wont accept anyone uploading ones that aren't theirs. otherwise it be a resource gallery.

thats why we have a resource thread in our Graphics Section, its the "OMG the list" thread.
    (i will however update all the links in the near furture, c4ds will also be included)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Judging from past data, the last two section added for members ended up not being used and as flops. Unless there is really a significant sign that it'll be used and not just lips service "oh oh let's get it because it's new" from the members, then I doubt it would fly.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

c4d? i have never heard of it before but the idea does sound
    intresting though and the idea of live pics is pretty cool but
    what if we went further and hasd a 3-D gallery? it might slow
    things down yeah but i have yet to see a 3-D gallery anywhere
    i think that would be cool.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    c4d? i have never heard of it before but the idea does sound
    intresting though and the idea of live pics is pretty cool but
    what if we went further and hasd a 3-D gallery? it might slow
    things down yeah but i have yet to see a 3-D gallery anywhere
    i think that would be cool.
    c4d is essentially something like this, others include the popular fractals

again, 3-d isnt something so special in need of a section.
    (dont now what sorts of 3-d things you'd want but still. i rarely see 3-d things used much cept for gaming walls.)
    falls under legend's "oh oh let's get it because it's new"

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

A "real life images" gallery sounds fine with me, but like Legend says, will members actually then upload to it? I would first suggest posting these images in the existing "Misc. Pictures" and once your "real life images" start to continually get uploaded by members, then we can consider opening such a gallery.

Members want things, but when delivered, don't seem to put action to using it.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we need to go through the galleries we already have and try to improve quality and organization there before we add more.

If anything, we need to be DELETING sections (or finding a way to consolidate them somehow). It takes a few minutes just to scroll through the gigantic list every time you want to upload something.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

I was wondering if we could take out any pictures from members that eather arn't active or are gone. that might add a little space to that gallery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast